ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Whitlock destroys Stephen A Smith.

Seems as though most of you enjoy arguing/confrontation with anonymous posters here on RR. Perhaps you would enjoy arguing on this. Looks like I am correct.....

I have no use for Stephen A but Jason Whitlock is the biggest embarrassment in sports journalism.

Just a vindictive POS that’s mad he ruined his own career and wants to try to ruin everybody else on his way down.
Nomination for clown post of the year.

Whitlock is an absolute clown who fell victim to the BS culture wars. Stephen A Smith is playing a character on television and is fully aware of the fact he's doing it. Whitlock tries to be serious and is a joke. At least SAS know's he's a joke.

I know some hate SAS, but if his character he's playing annoys you just don't watch. He never gives actual analysis or real opinions, he's just saying things to drive ratings and to build up his ridiculous persona. Plus, every now and then he will give us some absolute gems.

Last edited:
I enoy SAS for his Cowboy takes. Those clips always crack me up. Agree he's quite over the top but I laugh at his Cowboy clips.

SAS is about the baddest military organization in the history of military organizations. Do not refer to that clown as this.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Wonky
So I read Whitlock's article that apparently prompted the Stephen A Smith response. I stand by my initial assessment that he's an absolute muppet. Whitlock has a list of "lies" he claims are ruining the country, and one of those is "Diversity is America's strength". I'm sorry, but America is one of the only countries who has largely made diversity work and it's absolutely one of the best parts about this country.

The fact that you can be born in any country and one day be an American is amazing. I'm guessing almost everyone posting on this board has ancestors that immigrated at some point from another country. As someone who lives in one of the most diverse states in the country it's absolutely one of the things I like most about where I live. You can get amazing food from literally any ethnic background, talk to people from tons of different backgrounds, expand your world view, find a neighborhood with immigrants from another country and immerse yourself in their culture, easily find people who speak whatever language you want to learn to work on conversing in that language.

To think that those are all negatives is crazy to me. There are things that are now considered traditionally American that came over here from other countries. We say things like "as American as apple pie" when apple pie has a European origin. Diversity is a cornerstone of America's history and the fact that Whitlock tries to claim it's not a strength tells me all I need to know about him.

Last edited:
Whitlock is a moron and doesn’t even watch the sports he covers. I still remember him saying Lonzo Ball was gonna dominate Fox Monk and Adebayo in the tournament.
All of them have horrible takes a lot of times but on most levels Whitlock is way better than Smith. Just my opinion tho.

Whitlock is a moron and doesn’t even watch the sports he covers. I still remember him saying Lonzo Ball was gonna dominate Fox Monk and Adebayo in the tournament.

While we Kentucky fans never bought into that.. I want to say a lot of sports pundits thought this was not only a much closer matchup, but also that Lonzo was better. Whitlock was far from the only one to pick this one incorrectly.

they are both terrible sensationalistic "journalists"
The issue here is SAS is not a journalist and doesn't pretend to be. He's an entertainer. Whitlock legitimately considers himself a journalist, used to do actual journalism, but fell of the deep end. These two do not occupy the same space in the sports media landscape.

SAS embraces his absurd on air persona while Whitlock is still trying to be a serious journalist.

That headline was so misleading, had me expecting something more like a stake throught the heart...

The best is this tweet on which Whitlock basically outs himself. His follow up defense is equally as comical. Someone should explain targeted marketing to him.

He actually wrote a whole article about this where he claims it's because his browsing history has "raunchiness" only because he needs to "keep up to date on P. Diddy, Sexyy Red, T.D. Jakes, Hunter Biden, George Santos, Donald Trump, Deshaun Watson" because he's a journalist who needs to stay up to date on the news.

🤡

He actually wrote a whole article about this where he claims it's because his browsing history has "raunchiness" only because he needs to "keep up to date on P. Diddy, Sexyy Red, T.D. Jakes, Hunter Biden, George Santos, Donald Trump, Deshaun Watson" because he's a journalist who needs to stay up to date on the news.

🤡
That is why I said his defense was equally as comical. Only select few would find that defense believable.

Reactions: BigKari
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT