ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray Highlight Video against Argentina

Oct 31, 2007
In case you missed it, Murray had an even better game today than he did yesterday--going for 20 points, 2 rebounds, and an assist in 27 minutes of action. I have once again put together a highlight video for the BBN to enjoy.

As always, I appreciate everyone's support.

Jamal_Murray_Highlights_against_Argentina_mp4_sn.jpg

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE HIGHLIGHT VIDEO

Discuss below.

This is how Murray played in the 2015 Nike All-Star Game and the 2015 Canada All-Star game where he scored over 30 points in each of these games. He is deadly from 3 and has such a nice smooth shot each time he shoots. He is also good at finding the open man underneath or driving in the lane and either scoring or passing it back out for an open 3 look. He will be special player next year and a Top 5 NBA Draft pick.

Reactions: BillionthUKFan
You guys are welcome. I'll try to do the same thing for Thursday's match-up between Canada and Mexico.

Watching Murray play these two games has definitely gotten me more excited about seeing what he can do at UK next season. The Cats will have three elite guards that are all capable of making their own shots as well as creating for others. October cannot get here soon enough!

I'm just gonna start writing random stuff in billionths threads to build up my like count. I probably won't post in other threads too much anymore. I've hit a gold mine.
:boxing:

[cheers]

[smoke]

A couple things:

1. 12 points in game one was impressive enough. If he were just on the team at this age but not playing much of a role, that would still be a nice sign. To have 12 and then 20 when he hasn't even played a collegiate game is pretty stellar.

2. Learning from Steve Nash all summer can never be a bad thing, especially when the area of his game that needs the most work is probably getting others involved. No one better to teach that.

3. This is against Argentina. This wasn't a nice showing against an overmatched team. These are pros from one of the top 3-5 basketball countries in the world.

4. He was on the floor in crunch time. At 18. In international competition. Against professionals.Seasoned, talented, former college stars and borderline NBA guys like Heslip are on the team, but Murray had the ball late. That's big.

5. Nice to see him aggressively looking to switch onto the ball handler in that final clip. He isn't a great defender, but he at least appeared ready for the challenge. With his size and agility, having the mindset to be willing to defend, and then playing under Cal, he'll make big strides.

I'm very proud of Murray as much as I've seen him play and was on this board for the past yr trying to get him some attention.. I'm just happy for him and you guys as well as your able to see a good kid who works his butt off in the gym. He is not athletically gifted but he has basketball skills that cannot be denied. I have always enjoyed watching him play and I'm glad you guys do as well :)

In case you missed it, Murray had an even better game today than he did yesterday--going for 20 points, 2 rebounds, and an assist in 27 minutes of action. I have once again put together a highlight video for the BBN to enjoy.

Discuss below.

Thanks again BillionthUKFan for all your hard work. I want to be just like you when I get big.

I keep coming away with how poised, confident and mature Murray looks in these highlight videos. He just looks like he is a much more experienced player than the freshman we usually see coming to college and yet he is just 18. Great job with the video again, Billionth, looking forward to the next one vs Mexico.

The way he lit it up in just a few minutes is what I was hoping we could get from Malik Newman. Looks like Murray can provide that and more. He was hitting step backs like Steph Curry. I love the way he gets to the rim and draws contact. It's not on a head-down and drive way like Archie used to do, he gets past his guy and actually gives himself a good chance to finish. His passing was excellent too. Even if he didn't get assist credit he got the ball to challenging places that created a shot for someone else.

I can really see that by mid season there will be lots of times that Cal goes Briscoe, Murray, Mulder, Poythress and Skal for big stretches of games. Great blend of size, scoring, and athleticism.

Really excited to see us play next year. Will be unlike any UK team I can remember. Only team I can even think of might be 2005 Illinois with Deron Williams and those other 2 guards that lost to UNC in the championship.

The way he lit it up in just a few minutes is what I was hoping we could get from Malik Newman. Looks like Murray can provide that and more. He was hitting step backs like Steph Curry. I love the way he gets to the rim and draws contact. It's not on a head-down and drive way like Archie used to do, he gets past his guy and actually gives himself a good chance to finish. His passing was excellent too. Even if he didn't get assist credit he got the ball to challenging places that created a shot for someone else.
For every great play that Newman will make next year, he'll make 3 bad plays...
Getting Murray instead of ALL of those other players was a big win for us!
He may end up being the best player in the class...May...

Kid is a top-10 pick and his stock is only going up. He will probably end a top-5 pick before it's all said and done.

Yep. These were my thoughts as well. Can you imagine Murray playing off the ball with Briscoe and Ulis looking to set him up? His scoring efficiency will be through the roof. Meanwhile, Newman will be looking to make the transition to point guard down at State, without help, and I sense that teams looking to take a point guard in next year's draft will take Murray over Newman, despite Newman playing all his minutes at the point with Murray playing the 2 or 3 spot.

There's some tragic irony there, at least for Newman and his circle.

Really excited to see us play next year. Will be unlike any UK team I can remember. Only team I can even think of might be 2005 Illinois with Deron Williams and those other 2 guards that lost to UNC in the championship.

Yes sir. Ulis and Murray will shoot the three at an elite clip, and Briscoe might shoot a healthy percentage from deep. One has to imagine Briscoe will have a plethora of decent looks with guys like Murray and Ulis playing alongside him. This UK team also has the added bonus of having a top 3 pick talent on the low block. Could be a deadly offense next year for opponents to face. Throw in some higher level depth (by college terms) and some five of the more elite defenders in the nation - Ulis, Poythress, Lee, Hawkins, Matthews - and I really, really like this group.

Only negative I see is his speed...doesn't seem to take his man off the dribble that easily. Working with Cal and the other coaches they will get him ready for that. He has all the essentials though, size, good stroke, good head and confidence. Coaches will get that cut stronger and of course they always pound the players with defense.

I'm very impressed with he overall game of Murray. I think we will have the best overall guard play we've had in my lifetime of watching the cats. It's going to be a fun year.

Only negative I see is his speed...doesn't seem to take his man off the dribble that easily. Working with Cal and the other coaches they will get him ready for that. He has all the essentials though, size, good stroke, good head and confidence. Coaches will get that cut stronger and of course they always pound the players with defense.

Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with his speed.

He's not John Wall, that's for sure, but I don't see it being a liability. He used a little shake move to get room to get his shot off a couple times, and he was able to get past his man a couple times.

JPScott with the UK history, BillionthUKFan with the UK highlight reels and SmashCat with the UK links, where else can you go to get such valuable information on our beloved Cats for FREE ? RR best damn college basketball board in the country!

thanks billionth. we have ourselves a freak scorer / playing making guard coming. it's unreal how cal has turned the roster again into a #1 looking team. great highlight. that finish with contact gave me a yeah

Discuss below.
A billion thanks for the video. That will help me make it through the long, hot summer.

Really impressed by how quickly and well done billionth does these vids. He'll get them up only a couple hours after the game, yet they'll be perfectly edited every time. Dude's got skills.

Oh, and Murray ain't bad either.

Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with his speed.

He's not the fastest guard we've had at UK but I agree, didn't see where his speed was all that much of a problem. I saw times, in the highlights, where he got past his man pretty easily and then got fouled or just scored. I just don't see where his speed will be a problem at all in college and should also be fine for him in the NBA.

The jump shot helps a lot. If it wasn't for that I would understand the concern about his ability to get to the basket. I'd be more concerned with Briscoe in that regard, since he definitely doesn't appear to have stand out speed or athleticism, and his ability to hit shots is still questionable.

ADVERTISEMENT