ADVERTISEMENT

Jamal Murray fined $100,000

He tried to hit the ref with it. He should have been suspended, but let's not act like he assassinated JFK or something.

What happened?
He was frustrated by playing like dog piss and thinking calls went against him so he threw a heat pack at an official (he'd thrown a towel at him earlier on baseline) the heat pack went onto the court during live ball action and Towns stepped over it/on it but thankfully didn't slip/get injured.

He should've been suspended Game 3 and should've been thrown out of Game 2 but his punishment was having to play Game 2 and get his ass kicked.

XHdDphl.gif

Do you even read the posts you respond to? Read my post again to answer your question.
It reads as if you’re seeing people overreacting to his throwing a heat pack into the floor during live game action…..to which the only thing I read is he should have been suspended as well but other posts….

So what exactly are you trying to say?

It reads as if you’re seeing people overreacting to his throwing a heat pack into the floor during live game action…..to which the only thing I read is he should have been suspended as well but other posts….

So what exactly are you trying to say?
I clearly said he should be suspended. That's about as far as it goes for me in terms of outrage.

Reactions: mattrudd
Chump change. $33M base salary. He'll never miss it.
And he’s soon due for a huge raise. His current contract expires next year when he’s expected to get a huge increase in his next contract. Imagine having a base annual salary of $33.6 million per year …as a notoriously injury prone guy never an all star …and you’re considered underpaid in relation to your market value.

It’s crazy how much ballers make nowadays. A 100K fine sounds harsh when you first hear it. But then you remember that’s just pocket change to these dudes

• Wow
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
And he’s soon due for a huge raise. His current contract expires next year when he’s expected to get a huge increase in his next contract. Imagine having a base annual salary of $33.6 million per year …as a notoriously injury prone guy never an all star …and you’re considered underpaid in relation to your market value.

It’s crazy how much ballers make nowadays. A 100K fine sounds harsh when you first hear it. But then you remember that’s just pocket change to these dudes
He should have been an all star already but keeps getting passed over which is ridiculous.

He should have been an all star already but keeps getting passed over which is ridiculous.
It’s really not ridiculous when you look at the guards chosen ahead of him.

The all star rules mandate five guards per team. And there always seem to be at least five guards in the West who were at least a bit better than him every year.

For example, this year’s West guards were Anthony Edwards, Steph Curry, SGA, Luka Doncic and Devin Booker. Just which one of those five do you think Murray should’ve been selected ahead of?

I think he'll be okay.. it was just in the heat pack of the moment and he lost his cool for a minute.

If my math is close to correct, $100K fine to someone making $33M is like a $450 fine to someone making $150K. I doubt he will lose much sleep over it.

It’s really not ridiculous when you look at the guards chosen ahead of him.

The all star rules mandate five guards per team. And there always seem to be at least five guards in the West who were at least a bit better than him every year.

For example, this year’s West guards were Anthony Edwards, Steph Curry, SGA, Luka Doncic and Devin Booker. Just which one of those five do you think Murray should’ve been selected ahead of?
The 5 guard thing isn’t true. Directly from the NBA website, “The 30 NBA coaches select the 14 reserves, voting for two guards, three frontcourt players and two players at any position in their respective conferences.” of the reserves chosen last year, an argument could be made that Murray (and Fox for that matter) deserved selection over them. One person mentioned frequently in articles about Murray being snubbed that he could have replaced was KAT. A quick search of many articles discussed how out of all the snubs last year, Murray was the biggest.

I love the Kid but he should be fined and suspended. Absolutely unacceptable!
27 years old is a kid? That's news to me; I was already in my career by then. He deserved to get kicked out and suspended for game three, but with the way he's playing, it might have helped the Nuggets. But playing in that game and getting destroyed might be worse. He has also ducked the media twice. You're playing like garbage, own it.

27 years old is a kid? That's news to me; I was already in my career by then. He deserved to get kicked out and suspended for game three, but with the way he's playing, it might have helped the Nuggets. But playing in that game and getting destroyed might be worse. He has also ducked the media twice. You're playing like garbage, own it.
27 years old is a kid to me at my age.

Reactions: stereonut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT