ADVERTISEMENT

Jai Lucas & Jeremy Roach?

Why hasn’t Fueger been announced at least?

I think it has something to do with the fact that UK, by law, has to post the assistant jobs as open to the public for a certain length of time (7 days or something) before a hire can be made official. Just a formality. I believe that period ends either today or tomorrow. I could be wrong though.

I think it has something to do with the fact that UK, by law, has to post the assistant jobs as open to the public for a certain length of time (7 days or something) before a hire can be made official. Just a formality. I believe that period ends either today or tomorrow. I could be wrong though.
I always wondered about that. They have to post the assistant jobs for I thought 10 or 14 days because of KY Law. Why don't the HC jobs have to be posted like that?

Reactions: Coach Marrow
Not sure how much influence Lucas had here, Cal directs everything it seems. Whoever Pope decides to pick, I am all in. I keep going back to the part that he is a bigger fan of the program and knows the demands more than any of us. We hired someone that shares the love and passion for it like we do. He won’t hire from the failed coaches of the past, buddy pool. He’ll get someone that can help him, while he helps them grow.

Robinson is expected to put his name in the draft but if he comes back out, KY definitely has a good shot

Reactions: Fox2monk
I mean when he was here we sucked ass and he recruited Damian Collins who was awful, what am I missing? Is there some behind the scenes that Cal was holding him back or something?
OK, fair enough. BUT how about you list all of the good / great players he was responsible for landing ? Not just for UK, as a recruiter.

Just this year for Duke he was the lead recruiter for :

Cooper Flagg
Khaman Maluach
Kon Knueppel

At UK :
Ty Ty Washington
Cason Wallace
Shadeon Sharpe (I know, but he was super talented and a BIG land)

Texas :
Very instrumental in development of :
Jarrett Allen
Mo Bamba
Jaxon Hayes
In the first two recruiting years at Texas with Lucas, Texas had the #5 and # 8 ranked classes.
He is more than a recruiter, he is actually pretty damn good at developing players, see the 3 Texas players listed above he was credited with developing.

Jai Lucas is vastly overrated in every capacity as an Assistant. Taking him off Duke's hands would only help Duke have an opportunity to upgrade their staff. He's not a player development guy like he gets touted due to his father/brother who are excellent in those areas, and he's a good, not elite recruiter. At UK/Duke, your job in his shoes is to not **** up and honestly Chin Coleman was capable of that and did more in terms of bringing in better talent then Lucas and nobody wanted Coleman around.

Interest in Jeremy Roach...all for it, but Lucas can keep his ass in Durham.

Barf, no thanks. The era of a group of elite freshman going far in the tournament is over. I dont care who he can/cant recruit. If he can bring in really talented portal guys, then maybe. He burned UK by leaving once, I dont want his Dookie ass here, same with Roach.

Jai Lucas is vastly overrated in every capacity as an Assistant. Taking him off Duke's hands would only help Duke have an opportunity to upgrade their staff. He's not a player development guy like he gets touted due to his father/brother who are excellent in those areas, and he's a good, not elite recruiter. At UK/Duke, your job in his shoes is to not **** up and honestly Chin Coleman was capable of that and did more in terms of bringing in better talent then Lucas and nobody wanted Coleman around.

Interest in Jeremy Roach...all for it, but Lucas can keep his ass in Durham.

Thank you, Jai Lucas can kiss my ass. Left us for Florida as a player (and sucked ass) and left us for Duke as a coach (and sucks ass). Good lord, have some self respect people.

Thank you, Jai Lucas can kiss my ass. Left us for Florida as a player (and sucked ass) and left us for Duke as a coach (and sucks ass). Good lord, have some self respect people.
That doesn't bother me as much as if you look at what he actually does....not impressed. If he's part of Duke's backcourt development, I can see why "surefire" 1 and done Tyrese Proctor is going into his JR year there.

I dunno I wouldn't be hating on jai lucas. He might have been pushed out because of cal. Plus he didn't come here when tubby left right? Can't blame him on either. He might be alright if you give him a chance. I wouldn't say no to being an assistant...

I really would like for UK to get Roach. I have never liked anyone from Duke before and this could be a first.

As far as Lucas, I know Cal is an ass, but he left UK for Duke. I don’t think that is forgivable.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT