ADVERTISEMENT

Jabari Parker - 2012 Hoophall Classic

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
Jan. 16 - Chicago Simeon H. S.; Chicago, IL; JR, 6’8”, G/F - Lost to a loaded Findlay Prep 50-75. Coming into this game, Simeon was either #1 or #2 in the country, depending on which poll you looked at. However, for this weekend this public school was no match for the basketball factory of Findlay Prep. I talked to 2 different ESPN play-by-play guys and both of them said that Jabari is the best player in the country, not just best JR, but best player. This was just after I saw Shabazz put on a show, so I found that hard to believe. This is the first time I have seen him, so I’ll bet that it was not one of his better games. Findlay’s 3 6’9” starters didn’t give Jabari much room inside. They kept switching defenses and used either 6’9” Winston Shepard (think a taller Liggins) or 6’5” Nigel Williams-Goss shadowing him. Jabari got no help from Simeon’s other stars, Steve Taylor and Kendrick Nunn, who combined for 11 points on 4-16 shooting, 12 Rebs, and 7 TO’s. Simeon was within reach after 3 quarters, but was outscored 29-10 in the 4th. Jabari plays anywhere on the court, but I see him as a big 3 in college. Really can create his own shot and will shoot the 3. Being only a JR, can’t imagine what he will look like next year! Scored 24; 10-22 FG; 1-6 3’s; 3-4 FT; 12 Rebs; 0 PF; 2 Asst; 2 TO’s; 1 Blk; 1 Steal; 32 Mins.
This post was edited on 1/28 8:00 PM by UKPhilly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT