ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like UCONN is going to roll to another title and I'm kind of glad.

ukfan1622

Junior
Jan 15, 2021
Because I get the feeling if they don't Duke or UT will win it all. But that would make UCONN have 6 titles in the last 25 years so I have mixed feelings. I don't want UCONN's mens team to become like the women's team was for a while.

Program is living some kind of charmed life these last 25 years. Those 2011 and 2014 teams were both just flat out not very good and they got two titles out of it. Must be nice.
This x1,000. Those teams got hot but they weren’t very good. But they’re winning again this year and they’re way more relevant lately than us and will continue to be.

Because I get the feeling if they don't Duke or UT will win it all. But that would make UCONN have 6 titles in the last 25 years so I have mixed feelings. I don't want UCONN's mens team to become like the women's team was for a while.
With the randomness of a one and done structured tournament it takes a lot of luck to win it all. (🙄)

I don't want Uconn.. but will gladly take them over Duke.

Hoping Purdue can pull it off. I think they have the horses and Edey is just a mismatch problem. I think he'd actually get Flip into foul trouble.

I don't want Uconn.. but will gladly take them over Duke.

Hoping Purdue can pull it off. I think they have the horses and Edey is just a mismatch problem. I think he'd actually get Flip into foul trouble.
I could see that going either way. Edey could have big problems trying to stay with Flip. He hasn't seen mobile big like that often. Very easily could be Edey as the one in foul trouble.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I would like to see them win to show a school without a 50 million dollar windfall advantage from TV can win . Also to put more pressure on the powers that be at UK to change us from a NBA development program back to a college program that prioritizes winning .

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I'm not on here often but I always see you using the term "Cal Cultists".

What's a Cal Cultist? How does one fit that mold?

Is anyone who doesn't hate Cal a cultist?

I'm pretty sure most fans are fed up with Cal.
Simply put, a Cal cultist is a fan who tries to deflect criticism away from Calipari. The argument regarding "parity" is one that they employ to show that Cal isn't really responsible because "the game has changed" through the portal. And although it has changed to a degree, we still see mostly traditional bluebloods winning the title year after year after year.

It stings but I’m at least glad for the way it exposes the propaganda from Cal’s sycophants as the pack of lies it is. “No one can xyz in the modern era…”

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Program is living some kind of charmed life these last 25 years. Those 2011 and 2014 teams were both just flat out not very good and they got two titles out of it. Must be nice.
You know that was because Kentucky fed up right ? Kentucky could have just as easily won those 2 titles.

"Parity." - Cal Cultists.

They started with Gonzo and pushing “it’s all luck” narrative because Calipari kept coming up short. So all of a sudden anyone who wins the title just got “the right bounces”.

And it went from there to where we are today.

Half of all titles have been won by the same 5 programs but, it’s just the luck of the draw! Nothing Calipari can do!

Reactions: RunninRichie
You know that was because Kentucky fed up right ? Kentucky could have just as easily won those 2 titles.

We didn't have great teams those years either. My original statement has nothing to do with us.

The 2011 UConn team was a #9 seed in the Big East tournament.

The 2014 team was a #7 seed in the NCAAT. Look at that roster and you could argue it's the weakest championship winning roster of the last 30+ years.

Better to be lucky than good and that program is on some kind of run of luck.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I'm not on here often but I always see you using the term "Cal Cultists".

What's a Cal Cultist? How does one fit that mold?

Is anyone who doesn't hate Cal a cultist?

I'm pretty sure most fans are fed up with Cal.
You might be a Cal cultists if you continue to respond to posts such as these listed below.
UK just had their worst record in the history of the program

CC: Not Cal's fault. Covid (like every other team and coach in the nation didn't have to deal with Covid.)

Lost to Evansville.

CC: Not Cal's fault. Evansville got lucky.

Lost to 15 seed St. Peter, also first time in history of UK.
CC: Not Cal's fault. Players choked.

Lost 3 home games at Rupp. Also first time in history.
CC: Not Cal's fault. We are young.

Lost in first round of tournament for the second time in 3 years. This time to a 14 seed. Also first time in history of the program.

CC: Not Cal's fault. Players choked again.

I could write two more pages, but I won't. Hope this helps you understand it has nothing to do with "hating Cal"

Most UK fans that I know just "hate" what Cal has done to the UK basketball program and MB inability/refusal to address the elephant in the room.

And there will be about a half dozen CC's jump on this post and declare: NOT CAL'S FAULT WHERE THE PROGRAM STANDS UNDER HIS (LACK OF) LEADERSHIP.

Like all other schools that start with I, Illinois sucks total ass.

How does UConn constantly get this lucky in the tourney

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT