ADVERTISEMENT

It hurts so bad...

Vonburns1

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2007
to be a member of the "fellowship of the miserable" which are all the UK football fans when you thought you had turned the corner. It hurts to see the marvelous interceptions of J D Harmon and Blake McLain in the first half and build a fantastic lead of 35-10 and then just before half see USM score a TD in 26 seconds from as I recall starting 90 yards away. It hurts at halftime to realize that USM was going to receive the kickoff after just scoring late in the first half because when we won the coin flip, we took the ball rather than deferring and did nothing in the first series. It hurts to see our experienced O-line particularly the center and guards who average about 313 pounds get pushed around by a D line that averages about 250 pounds. It hurts to see our front seven on D get handled by an O line that was generally ranked two stars. I knew Mullens was a special QB, but after 3 INTs, I hurt to realize that in the first half USM still gained over 250 yards. In the second half, I just hurt all over when I realized that our QB would even try to throw the ball with a D person right by him and naturally fumbled and then fumbled again when he was just laying down from a tackle. Not getting struck on the ball. Five possessions - one INT, two fumbles and I think a 15 yard penalty will destroy the ability to score. I know that's why our D got tired, but other than the INTs they looked about the same in the first half. Our talent was ranked about 30 by rivals, theirs about 75 and you would have thought it was the other way around. I hurt because Hopson was smart enough to tell Dawson not to change the O from last year, thus he couldn't screw it up as we expected. I hurt because I realize their head coach is better than ours although ours gets paid a hell of a lot more. I hurt because I know you hurt as much as I do. And I hate most of all because Dawson smiled all the way back to Mississippi.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News