ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the Year We beat GA

C5matt

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2017
I think we’ve got a legit shot at beating them this year with the experienced offensive and defensive lines and the new offense w/top QB and receivers!

I think we’ve got a legit shot at beating them this year with the experienced offensive and defensive lines and the new offense w/top QB and receivers!
I think we need to get hopeful about beating Old Piss, FL, Auburn, TN, & TX before we start talking about beating the best team again in 2024. This board started this same song & dance last year. "We will beat GA & Bama." Stop making yourself miserable with these predictions.

Oldsports, I'd like to be smoking what you are smoking. We have Georgia's cast off QB that could not get on the field at GA. We don't have clue how good he will be. Hopefully GREAT! GA has their QB returning and have 4 & 5 stars stacked. Don't get your self set up for disappointment. I want to beat TN, FL, & Old Piss. Those games I feel like if our offense jells, we could win. Don't live in a dream. Let's hope we can go 9 - 3. I will be thrilled, but GA is one of the 3.

I think we need to get hopeful about beating Old Piss, FL, Auburn, TN, & TX before we start talking about beating the best team again in 2024. This board started this same song & dance last year. "We will beat GA & Bama." Stop making yourself miserable with these predictions.

Who peed in your oatmeal?? lol... Let the guy have his dream... Have you ever had a dream other than a beautiful model as girl friend??? Cut the dude some slack, no need in trying to tell someone how to live... It's his dream and I will agree with it just like I agree it more than likely will not happen...

GBB

Reactions: bluecoon1
I see 6-6 next season. I don’t see the hope in this team others do. A new OC will put us right back where we’ve been the past two seasons spending half the season figuring out our offense. We lack depth on the dline, our running game will be hit or miss. The schedule is tougher and I don’t see the improvement coming. As soon as the season ended drama started. No it’s gonna be difficult and uk fans are anxious.

It would be fun to take their backup and beat them.
Remember this post right here. I am going to predict we beat Georgia and both UTs this year!!!!!

Also check what day this was posted.

April fools.

Who peed in your oatmeal?? lol... Let the guy have his dream... Have you ever had a dream other than a beautiful model as girl friend??? Cut the dude some slack, no need in trying to tell someone how to live... It's his dream and I will agree with it just like I agree it more than likely will not happen...

GBB
No-one peed in my oatmeal, just wanted to keep the man from jumping off the cliff. Dream or not, it is foolish to try to think 2024 is the year we beat GA. The absolute earliest this could be feasible is 2025. This is only possible if Stoops will leave the OC alone and our transfer QB is better than advertised. Not trying to curb his wish, only trying to curb his disappointment. I'm 78 years old, I've read this BS dream for many years. What we want has no bearing on our wins & losses. If it did, we would be undefeated since 1968.
Go BBN!

Last edited:
No-one peed in my oatmeal, just wanted to keep the man from jumping off the cliff. Dream or not, it is foolish to try to think 2024 is the year we beat GA. The absolute earliest this could be feasible is 2025. This is only possible if Stoops will leave the OC alone and our transfer QB is better than advertised. Not trying to curb his wish, only trying to curb his disappointment. I'm 78 years old, I've read this BS dream for many years. What we want has no bearing on our wins & losses. If it did, we would be undefeated since 1968.
Go BBN!

Brock is advertised as pretty good. The QB battle wasn't decided until fall camp. Many thought Brock would win the job. Beck turned out to be a pretty good QB. I don't think it's unreasonable to think Brock will too considering how close the competition was. As just about everyone knows it's hard to unseat a starter coming off the year Beck had. Only one QB gets meaningful reps, BV wanted to play, so he moved on.

Go BBN!
Optimistic people don't need pessimistic people to protect them. They generally are more emotionally well developed and are able to deal with disappointment in an appropriate way. I would argue that the pessimists need help learning to embrace hopeful joy, even when it may not always be the most likely outcome.

We have Georgia's cast off QB that could not get on the field at GA. We don't have clue how good he will be.
A lot of hyperbole there. BV was a 5 star that ran neck to neck with Beck before they decided on Beck. And while we can't yet make predictions about his performance in a live game, we do have some clues including his reported performance in practice which has been extremely good.

Bottom line, like others has pointed out Georgia will always be a team that is elite with talent but that does not necessarily mean they will always win. It's foolish to even attempt to handicap that game at this point.

Off topic, but related ...

It was interesting to watch the 2023 UF game from another team's perspective.

Did you not watch last year's game?

KY got in fetal position. Took it up the pipe and said "thank you sir may I have another".

Complete embarrassment. They aren't turning that around in one year.

I feel good about this coming year's team. I am not sure how they will do against Georgia; however, I feel we will be much better than last year. GO CATS!!

Did you not watch last year's game?

KY got in fetal position. Took it up the pipe and said "thank you sir may I have another".

Complete embarrassment. They aren't turning that around in one year.
While you may be 100% right, there is one reason for hope.

In 2006, the Cats laid down at LSU and got curb stomped 49-0.
The next season, as we all know well, the Cats hosted the #1 ranked team and eventual national champ LSU and bested them in 3 overtimes and decisively shut down their vaunted pass rush, giving up ZERO sacks.

It CAN be done. I wouldn't bet on it, but it CAN happen. All depends upon the young men's mindset for the game and their execution.

Reactions: phunterd
We would have to play a perfect game to pull off an upset and I have no faith in Stoops to get us prepared for that. So, no.

Oldsports, I'd like to be smoking what you are smoking. We have Georgia's cast off QB that could not get on the field at GA. We don't have clue how good he will be. Hopefully GREAT! GA has their QB returning and have 4 & 5 stars stacked. Don't get your self set up for disappointment. I want to beat TN, FL, & Old Piss. Those games I feel like if our offense jells, we could win. Don't live in a dream. Let's hope we can go 9 - 3. I will be thrilled, but GA is one of the 3.

OM went all in on winning the NC in 24. They brought in multiple starters from other SEC and P5 teams. They may be best team in the conference this fall. But Lane hasn't won many big games at OM, in fact they have laid eggs more times than winning a big game.

It's going to happen at some point. The UT and UF streaks eventually went down after a quarter of a century......so, yes, we will beat UGA at some point. Honestly, unless something drastically changes I don't think anyone will be able to make a decent prediction....but until then, I will be watching and waiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT