ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a BIGMAN on the radar anywhere for next year?

Yes, they're names are Anthony Davis and Kyle Wiltjer, they're both 6'10 and highly skilled, something tells me you're gonna like them.

What are Barus' stats and is he the tough physical type we need to complement the other four? If he is a tough 5 defender and an excellent rebounder all points will be covered pretty good.

I would take my chances with Jurick he could be helpful next year at the 5 hole and I mean big hole.

Baru committed to Charleston?

Interesting call, I guess he'd rather go there and start than go to an elite school.

I know UK and UNC were both interested at some point.

Wonder if they both decided that Baru wasn't UK/UNC material?

But as another poster said, we have Davis and Wiltjer, both 6'10 skilled big men.

Davis is supposedly a good defender/shotblocker who can handle like a guard but needs to improve his low post offense while Wiltjer is a great shooter with range.

Both are suppose to be excellent rebounders.

Neither one is a Cousins/Kanter type, but they should be a big improvement over Harrellson/Vargas.

In fact, I think they will be perfect post players in the DDMO.

And remember, we are talking about a top 5 player (Davis) and top 20 player (Wiltjer) in the country.

Add in Vargas as a Senior (he'll improve dramatically, remember he did not join the team until October) and we will have 3 solid guys in the post.

Next season should be a very good year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT