ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time to stop disliking Calipari and wish him well

Yes he walked away and would of got the buyout, but that doesn't take away of his arrogance. What he did away from basketball while at Kentucky was honorable. Hated how he treated the fan base and he still thought he was above us Bennies. His stubbornness and inept coaching ruined several seasons. I'm ecstatic he's gone. Hate him as a coach, but away from basketball I have no issues with him. How long will it be before he starts bashing Arkansas fans?

I know over the last few years I've been about as hard on him as anyone on here has. But let's look at it this way.

1. He didn't force UK to fire him & pay him the 33 million dollar buyout.

2. These last several seasons didn't go the way any of us wanted. No one wanted to win & advance deep into the NCAA tournament anymore than Calipari did. He did the best he could do. He didn't lose these games because he wanted to.

3. He coached here 15 years and not even a hint of scandal. He never did anything to embarrass the BBN & the UK basketball program. he ran as clean a program as anyone could.

4. The recruits he brought in here were all top notch high character young men. None of them did anything while they were here or after they left here to embarrass the UK basketball program.

Maybe it's time we, myself included gets off his back
I don't think fans in general dislike Calipari. He just stayed here too long, which was partly UK's fault, and was unwilling to change the way he does things. I don't expect many sober fans to boo him when he comes to Rupp. He gave UK several great years and will be recognized at some point for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT