ADVERTISEMENT

Is it football season yet?

screwduke1

All-American
Jul 29, 2016
So ready to see the Cats play this year and just football being back period. I watch a little of the UFL and it's cool but it just isnt college football or the NFL.

Obviously excited about the ball team too finally having a new coach...but I'm ready for some damn football.

I think there should be months allocated as “general portal season”. If you include both football and basketball, how many months would that be?

So ready to see the Cats play this year and just football being back period. I watch a little of the UFL and it's cool but it just isnt college football or the NFL.

Obviously excited about the ball team too finally having a new coach...but I'm ready for some damn football.
I DVR every game and keep each win and even keep a well played loss to watch again over the summer.

Baseball is my favorite sport, so on the one hand, I don't want this amazing season the Bat Cats are having to end. On the other hand, the Reds are stinking it up, which significantly Increases my desire for football season to arrive 😆

How are y’all feeling about our linemen? Seems like offensive line might be underperforming and defensive line has injury issues.

How are y’all feeling about our linemen? Seems like offensive line might be underperforming and defensive line has injury issues.
I think the o-line will be okay, probably going through the growing pains of a new system once again. We have both Eli and Marquez Cox returning, Burton is back, Cortland Ford, Ray and Chrisman who are all solid, Rodriguez, and then the biggest of all is the addition of Mincey which gives us a SEC caliber staring tackle who can play both sides.

The DL is actually in pretty good shape talent wise with Walker, Silver, Henry-Young, Saunders, Gilbert, and Rybka. Hopefully Ox can return to the level he was playing at a couple years ago which would really help and we have a couple of RS-fr in Gadson and Zeismer who may get PT. Biggest addition is Robinson who is probably ready to play, can guarantee he didn’t commit and plan on redshirting; also the type of guy who would everyone would be after if he ever hits the portal so it’s in our best interest to get him in the rotation imo.

A little something to fill the void maybe. UK's 4 x 100 track team just broke their season record again and will be going to the NCAA outdoor championships in Oregon the second week of June I believe. They are currently the fastest in the nation. Two of the four guys are freshmen. Keep an eye out for that, sounds like they have a good chance for a championship and it may be on TV. Also our triple jumper finished fourth and I think gets to go for that and the women's pole vaulter made it also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT