ADVERTISEMENT

Is CAL the best version of himself right now?

Catclass15

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 22, 2010
I have faith that he is, do what you do Cal and close this class out strong. I know there are some posters worrying about the way the late recruiting period is going but it's not over.

Since there was 4 minutes left against wisconsin Coach Cal has looked alittle shaky. I do not believe he is operating at his best. If he could only get 5% tougher, just 5% .......

Man there has been way to many threads about coach Cal. He is the man and brought home one National title and 3 other final fours in the last five years. Not bad!?! I'm older and I can tell because you don't get it yet and you may never get it. Cal has put so many players to the NBA and other places than anyone else in his six years. Cal will never be caught again without enough talent to compete like the 13 season.

We probably will get Mulder and the big 5th year from UAB. That's fine with me. The last 5 top players left have their own agenda and it's not us. Cal works harder than anyone else in evaluation. UK is not for everybody. Time to move on and quit second guessing Cal! BBN

Originally posted by railroadkat_1:

Man there has been way to many threads about coach Cal. He is the man and brought home one National title and 3 other final fours in the last five years. Not bad!?! I'm older and I can tell because you don't get it yet and you may never get it. Cal has put so many players to the NBA and other places than anyone else in his six years. Cal will never be caught again without enough talent to compete like the 13 season.

We probably will get Mulder and the big 5th year from UAB. That's fine with me. The last 5 top players left have their own agenda and it's not us. Cal works harder than anyone else in evaluation. UK is not for everybody. Time to move on and quit second guessing Cal! BBN
Not that just making it to the final four is not a great accomplishment and doing it 3 times in 6 seasons is terrific, however winning only 1 Championship may be labeled as "underachieving" considering the amount of talent that has been on those teams. Granted, Coach Calipari is a big reason the talent was there, history may reflect an inability to, "Win the Big One".

Cal is Alec Baldwin when he hits the recruiting trail. He's a closer. He can have all the coffee he wants.

abc-glengarry-glen-ross1.png

Just wait until these unsigned recruits find out how many players jumped ship to the NBA, then Cal will clean up.

Cal is the best coach for Kentucky in the last 50 years i have been watching

Originally posted by DORTONCAT:
Not that just making it to the final four is not a great accomplishment and doing it 3 times in 6 seasons is terrific, however winning only 1 Championship may be labeled as "underachieving" considering the amount of talent that has been on those teams. Granted, Coach Calipari is a big reason the talent was there, history may reflect an inability to, "Win the Big One".

603 too many

This guy.... knows what he's talking about!! Remember where we were at, as a program, 8 years ago?

Originally posted by Raroyder:

This guy.... knows what he's talking about!! Remember where we were at, as a program, 8 years ago?
railroadkat knows his UK basketball. Hope all is well with you!!!

Selective memory on many posters........have you all forgotten Tubby and BCG? Bask in what UK has accomplished in the last 6 years. Not since the late 90s have we had such an impact on college basketball.

Best run in my lifetime and have been following the Cats since 1958. GO BIG BLUE!!

no, i don't think cal has peaked yet. when he does he's going to be scary good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT