ADVERTISEMENT

Intervention Time

JJBlue06

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2015
We as a collective BBN, need to take a step back and breath. I’m not sure why people are up and arms with Drew but we need to unify and get behind him. I know it’s not just fans on here, but there’s been some nasty stuff all over twitter, and I’ve counted more than I’d like to admit, fans putting Bruce Pearl ahead of Drew (lol). I would like to step in and provide what changed my mind:

-Baylor is a s*** hole program, for years it was the sec equivalent to Vandy. He inherited a program on probation and won a title, no other Texas school has in that time frame, and Houston’s the only one that’s been close.

-He is a great recruiter, at Baylor. Dude has landed VJ Edgecombe, Keyonte George, Yves Missi, and countless other lotto guys. He also doesn’t overdo it. Has 3 guys coming in and not 6, like Cal had. Not freshman run.

-excellent blob coach. No explanation needed

-had the #2 kenpom team in covid year, could have easily made a run (like we feel our guys could have).

-a killer in the transfer portal. Has led older teams and has adapted to modern college basketball.

-adapts on defense. Doesn’t stick to solely man to man to allow his dudes to get taken to the cup, he suppers them with 2 variances of matchup zones. 1-1-3 and 1-3-1 (eye roll).

-develops guards. Guards win in March.

-Kentucky is better than Baylor. Do you all remember the first jump cal had from Memphis? Everything will be better here, plus he will have an AD in his corner that will help out. If he wants something, he will get it.

-he’s 53. 3 years older than cal when he got here. We have a solid 10-12 years left with him.

-rich basketball bloodline.

-Doesn’t have alcohol problem-Law1127

Add to this list for items I missed, and let’s get back to being behind a coach as one (BBN).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News