ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Jaxson Robinson quote on Pope

So that would be

Pg - Butler/Kerr/Perry
Sg - Brea/Uweh/Chandler/Perry
Sf - Jaxon/Brea/Chandler/ Noah
Pf - Carr /Garrison / Noah
C - Williams / Garrison

Looks like Both Kentucky kids are pine riders year 1 unless needed. Which is okay but hope they break out there second year.
Well, L.O.D., you may be right about Travis Perry and Trent Noah being "pine riders" in the coming season ... but if you're right about that, I'll be surprised. I'm a believer that both Perry and Noah are "players", and I also think each of them will be given a chance to "show what he can do" fairly early in the season. But then, of course ... you may be right. I guess we'll see, won't we. :cool:
Go 'Cats ! ! !

Oh My God Its Happening GIF - Oh My God Its Happening Ok GIFs

Trilly says KU leads, and Mark Pope was heard saying that he thinks Jaxon is staying in the draft.

Perceived strengths - Shooters, ball handlers, passers, rebounders, toughness, Div 1 veterans, depth at each position, and Coach Pope’s innovative offense(s)

Perceived weaknesses - new coaching staff, entirely new team, who are the leaders?

On paper, CMP and staff have put together the puzzle, IMO. Maybe another player or so comes to UK to play/redshirt. Practices will be brutal because of the competition.

Outlook - I am anticipating a successful season. Will be some speed bumps in early season. SEC is tough but I think the talent fit and toughness that these players have shown on film and in person to the staff will bode well in the conference. Will present opponents problems- who do you stop? No 1, 2, or 3 players can be the focus as there will be another 3-4 players that may beat you. I would like to see another power forward for depth. Really excited for the 1st time in years!

Well, L.O.D., you may be right about Travis Perry and Trent Noah being "pine riders" in the coming season ... but if you're right about that, I'll be surprised. I'm a believer that both Perry and Noah are "players", and I also think each of them will be given a chance to "show what he can do" fairly early in the season. But then, of course ... you may be right. I guess we'll see, won't we. :cool:
Go 'Cats ! ! !
"Players" or not. There are only 200 mpg. And if you have say 12 guys, it's extremely difficult to play #11 & #12 <5mpg. Looking at our 4 deepest teams (96, 10, 14, 15) did not have a single guy play >5mpg for the season.

Seems to me he would an ideal finishing piece to the class, seems like a better player than Lanier. Almost Reeves like in that he’ll have experience in the same system under Pope if he comes back.
Not directing my talking points at you, your post just made me think of them but:

It’s possible this year we may learn a bit about how long it really takes to acclimate to a new coach and a new basketball system. I’m certain it’s never easy easy.

Otoh, this year we will have the advantage of:

—we are largely composed of 5th year seniors with high bball IQ. Several of them already played on more than one Div 1 team. Probably a lot of them will find themselves saying “oh, this is just like ABC, only add XYZ without the back curl….”

And we will not have the disadvantage of:

—With the last guy you might know the system better than he did but if you didn’t come in with the right PT promises or if your posse wasn’t breathing down his neck right to make him play you or if he forgot you were on the bench then that system knowledge never made it onto the floor.

—What system? Except for Welch’s stuff that got used right away last year before it got abandoned, it often took the last guy almost a whole year to decide how he wanted to play if he ever even did decide. How’s an incoming transfer supposed to learn a new system when the HC doesn’t even know it?

All to say I think it’s just possible we may be surprised how much of a learning curve this team DOESN’T have this year although they’ll definitely get more polished over the season. Also possible a lot of kids we’re tempering expectations on right now, anticipating Reeves first year numbers, may serve up Reeves second year numbers instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Mehico
Go 'Cats ! ! !
They can always beat out the next guy - just tough to see them leap frogging Chandler, and Uweh. Noah might see time at PF though still.

But that Robinson news is bad. He would be going to Kansas to be the third wing option

Wait and see who bails on Kansas then. You can't just add infinite players. Robinson going there means someone's minutes just took a huge hit.

Unsurprising to see Kansas recruiting this way lol. Almost every other school fills in positions and moves on. Kansas meanwhile continues to recruit guys who they just committed to them lol.

Wait and see who bails on Kansas then. You can't just add infinite players. Robinson going there means someone's minutes just took a huge hit.

Unsurprising to see Kansas recruiting this way lol. Almost every other school fills in positions and moves on. Kansas meanwhile continues to recruit guys who they just committed to them lol.
Kugel is gone so my guess is that’s who Robinson is replacing if he comes back to college

Reactions: RunninRichie
Robinson is not going to Kansas. They offer nothing. Why not say Robinson to Arkansas for 3 milloon Tyson/Jonesmoney to sit the bench. No one knows nothing were any of these guys are going to play. And to say Perry and Noah will sit for a year, thats just another opinion based on nothing other than they are freshman.

Robinson is not going to Kansas. They offer nothing. Why not say Robinson to Arkansas for 3 milloon Tyson/Jonesmoney to sit the bench. No one knows nothing were any of these guys are going to play. And to say Perry and Noah will sit for a year, thats just another opinion based on nothing other than they are freshman.
Arkansas is linked to most of the top players left in the portal. Are they basically begging anyone that will come to come? Fland, Wagner, Knox, Big Z, Thiero and Richmond is a lot of 'Cal's guys' they would be in danger of not getting a lot of minutes. Even if they are better than them.

Kugel is gone so my guess is that’s who Robinson is replacing if he comes back to college

That still seems like too many cooks. We (and basically every other team) is having trouble getting the 7th, 8th and 9th other solid guys to come in, knowing they probably are getting less minutes than if they went somewhere else. Kansas though seems to be trying to add guys who want 25mpg or more, as their 10th 11th and 12th guys..

I'd need to look at their roster more for next year. Last I checked though, awful lot of guys who are looking for minutes.

For what it’s worth KU has been working Robinson ever since Kugel had to go elsewhere for academic reasons. It sounds like a KU/UK battle if he decides to return to college. It’s a weird choice for Robinson…but I’m just relaying what I’m hearing on our end.
Seems like, except for in-state players, it’s pretty much always about the Benjamins.

For what it’s worth KU has been working Robinson ever since Kugel had to go elsewhere for academic reasons. It sounds like a KU/UK battle if he decides to return to college. It’s a weird choice for Robinson…but I’m just relaying what I’m hearing on our end.
On your alls end if Robinson goes there some body is not gonna be happy with touches and playing time

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT