ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting INSIDER NOTES

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
** Three-star (5.5 RR) Massillon (Ohio) Washington offensive tackle Nolan Davenport (6'6, 260) has scheduled official visits to Cincinnati, Virginia Tech, Michigan State, and Missouri. He's going to unofficially visit Kentucky on April 6th. He's an athletic tackle who has the potential to be really good in pass sets.

** The big visitors for Kentucky over the weekend were DB Martels Carter Jr and OL Tucker Kattus. I have futurecasts for both in to Kentucky and don't foresee changing that in either case. Confidence level is pretty strong with both players. No timetable but both really good players that would be core parts of the class.

** Darrin Strey from Michigan is an offensive lineman to watch for sure. Starting to feel pretty good about Kentucky's chances with him. Hope to connect in-depth with him for more at some point in the near future but outside of Isaac Sowells and Kattus he is emerging as the third '25 OL who I think they have the best shot with.

** 2024 JUCO OL Anfernee Crease is still officially visiting UK next month. He will be in Lexington from April 12-14. Crease also tells me that he will officially visit Syracuse from April 5-7. He did say he has been to Houston and SMU unofficially recently. When I asked him about the Houston visit all he said was "it was okay" whereas he has been pretty enthusiastic about UK. Have said I think they are trying to keep him under the radar as much as possible. Not a lot of schools are recruiting at the JUCO level these days with the portal and HS taking preeminence.

** I think UK is in a pretty solid position with 4-star OH running back Marquise Davis. My understanding is he is still the top priority at RB in rounding out that class now that Philly's Isaiah West is already on board.

** As of this moment I'm leaning against them taking Boyle County's Montavin Quisenberry. They already have Quintin Simmons on board at receiver. They have Simmons. I think they're in great shape with Cameron Miller from New Jersey. Have heard there is another receiver from the Jersey area they are prioritizing as well.

** Mentioned that 2026 Lakota West LB Cam Thomas visited over the weekend and can confirm he's going to be target for them. Definitely a guy of interest moving forward

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News