ADVERTISEMENT

In retrospect

It would have been nice to get Dickinson, yes? With him, we'd look pretty good.
With Dickinson we would probably be a 21-13 team that would lose in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament. Without him we're looking at our 2nd losing record in the last 4 years. Way to go Cal, keep up the good work.

• Haha
Reactions: W1LDCAT22 and KMKAT
I prefer to see how things will play out. Some folk take the woe is me route before we find out if. There will be any more additions or before we find out how they will look in a game but if you love to be miserable have at it. And trust me I want to see Cal gone I’m not stumping for him but my goodness give it a chance

I prefer to see how things will play out. Some folk take the woe is me route before we find out if. There will be any more additions or before we find out how they will look in a game but if you love to be miserable have at it. And trust me I want to see Cal gone I’m not stumping for him but my goodness give it a chance
I am giving it a chance. Just saying he was the one piece we needed to let these kids around him do their thing. Oscar might have set the single season rebounding record but I'm not sure the alpha dogs would appreciate his game as much.

I'd have no hope of a really good season with Dickinson at Kentucky. I suspect Kansas will find out what Michigan did -- he is a black hole in the center of the offense. He's not a good defender or rim protector. The entire tempo at which your team plays is dictated by him -- and it isn't fast, that's for sure.

There's a reason Michigan ended up 18-16 despite some decent talent along with Dickinson in Howard, Bufkin, McDaniels and others.

Watch a Michigan game from last year -- the one against Kentucky is a good start. Lots of standing around on offense while he moved around the lane trying to get open for a pass. And his selfish tendencies aren't going to lessen as he makes his last push for personal stats to get the attention of the NBA.

I'm glad he went elsewhere. We'll see how Kentucky's roster gets rounded out, but already I like the idea of a multi-faceted offense with a much more athletic center in the paint on defense.

Last edited:
I am hoping to get Cyril and/or Brown at Center. I think either or both will be a better fit for this team.

We get both and we can start talking about not only making the NCAA tourney, but maybe staying past the first weekend.

That is assuming there’s some Reeves fire to go with all the smoke about him returning.

We are going to have a great season. I can't wait. The St John's and Alabama and Ark fans here will quieten down for a minute and just lurk until we a less than stellar game. Then they will be out with their pitchforks again. They are so predictable that you can set your watch by them.

But there's just a few of them. They just post a lot to each other.

Go Big Blue!! Just a month to Canada!!

I also understand Cal is going to change his style of coaching, using an effective zone at times, full court hard pressure, an organized half-court offense, liberal substitutions without favorites, staying with the hot hand, if needed playing a talent even if they have two fouls in the first half, calling time outs to instruct players when it is easily observed the mistakes being made, running when necessary but not needing to "go" every time leading to turnovers, and so on. I'm excited to learn that he is making those coaching changes with all that he has communicated to us along with the rest that he has stated.

I'd have no hope of a really good season with Dickinson at Kentucky. I suspect Kansas will find out what Michigan did -- he is a black hole in the center of the offense. He's not a good defender. The entire tempo at which your team plays is dictated by him -- and it isn't fast, that's for sure.

There's a reason Michigan ended up 18-16 despite some decent talent along with Dickinson in Howard, Bufkin, McDaniels and others.

Watch a Michigan game from last year -- the one against Kentucky is a good start. Lots of standing around on offense while he moved around the lane trying to get open for a pass.

I'm glad he went elsewhere. We'll see how Kentucky's roster gets rounded out, but already I like the idea of a multi-faceted offense with a much more athletic center in the paint on defense.
On this I do agree. I don't think our center needs to be a big scoring threat but rather a defensive and garbage man around the basket. Oscar would have been great, except defense. He also would expect more scoring. Cyril would be the type of center we need, except we need someone with experience to lead the freshmen.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Im a glass half full type of guy.
Im happy UK has the #1 recruiting class coming in with 4 really high ranked 5 stars.

Im happy we have Shep’s boy coming in, Reed.

Im happy we have Ugonna and Thiero back.

Im happy we look to be adding a few more pieces.

Complaining is not were its at.

Count your blessings, praise Jesus and Go Cincinnati Reds!

We gonna shock the world boys!!!

I'd have no hope of a really good season with Dickinson at Kentucky. I suspect Kansas will find out what Michigan did -- he is a black hole in the center of the offense. He's not a good defender. The entire tempo at which your team plays is dictated by him -- and it isn't fast, that's for sure.

Watch a Michigan game from last year -- the one against Kentucky is a good start. Lots of standing around on offense while he moved around the lane trying to get open for a pass. And his selfish tendencies aren't going to lessen as he makes his last push for personal stats to get the attention of the NBA.

And what's funny is, even with Dickinson slowing down the offense, Cal would have brought him here and gone against everything he yells every possession.

I also understand Cal is going to change his style of coaching, using an effective zone at times, full court hard pressure, an organized half-court offense, liberal substitutions without favorites, staying with the hot hand, if needed playing a talent even if they have two fouls in the first half, calling time outs to instruct players when it is easily observed the mistakes being made, running when necessary but not needing to "go" every time leading to turnovers, and so on. I'm excited to learn that he is making those coaching changes with all that he has communicated to us along with the rest that he has stated.
We will see; we've made suggestions on this board that probably magnify what you posted. But knowing Cal, deep down, he is stubborn and convinced he pulls the right strings even when he doesn't play someone he says he needs to play more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT