ADVERTISEMENT

If Coach Stoops wants to stay at Kentucky.............

gamalielkid

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2002
If Coach Stoops wants to remain the head coach at Kentucky - then he should demand that his contract be re-written and it published for all to see. The new contract needs to say that his buyout to leave is the same as the buyout if Kentucky were to fire him! I have been listening and to many football blogs and read a lot of commentary on what went down. While I don't actually know the facts - I know that their was definitely smoke! I also believe the old saying if it walks like, it talks like and it smells like - then it probably is! The TexAgs blog should be heard by everyone of this fan base. The morning show was almost an hour long blog - if you hear it - you have a pretty good feeling for what happened and was going to happen. Mark Stoops is done at Kentucky as to making this program any better unless he does something similar to this in my opinion. If I were President of UK or Athletic Director I would be wanting a meeting and presenting this change to Stoops contract!

Coach Stoops is going to have his hands full keeping and hiring staff, his present team, the current commits and future re-recruiting took a tremendous hit with this news unless something like what I have suggested happens! Beamer, Heupel, Drinkowitz, Brown, Brohm and every other coach of teams we recruit against will be using this info against us from now on.

I have been a Stoops fan from day one. I live out of state and bought season tickets many years ago because I am a long suffering UK Alumnus who believed in him. But unless he becomes super pro -active cleaning up this perception of leaving UK - I think he is basically finished at UK. I was excited again after the Louisville game yesterday - I had decided to not go to a bowl game - but after the win - I changed my mind. Now, I have changed my mind again.

The transfer portal, the player outs of the bowl game, staff changes and the national signing day will let us all know about his and UK's future - and all of those things will be known fairly soon. I will not buy bowl game tickets thru UK now for sure. I'm sure whatever bowl we go to I can get tickets to at the window - if I decide to go. But again my decision will be made based on what I see happens before the bowl game.

I can only hope that AD Barnhart, President Capilouto and Coach Stoops will come together and create a message that we can all get behind and support.

Go Big Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News