ADVERTISEMENT

Ice Cubes Discussion

wildcatsboston1984

All-American
Mar 23, 2012
What is your favorite “cut” of ice? Cubes, crushed, pellet, shaved, ball, etc.

Personally I prefer ball. Preferably little balls. They don’t melt as fast and there’s nothing quite like the feeling of sucking on some balls. Ice balls that is.

Personally I prefer ball. Preferably little balls. They don’t melt as fast and there’s nothing quite like the feeling of sucking on some balls. Ice balls that is.
I’m personally a cube guy myself but not gonna hate on ya for your preference for the balls. Every man likes what he likes.

• Haha
Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
Ours can come out in two forms: cylinder chords or chopped/ground. Mainly use the chords but like the chopped for margaritas.

webimage-7062532_0722_v03.jpg

GOAT ICE

I barely ever use ice but when I do I like the pellets. Ball is better for drinks but I don’t usually go for rocks. Neat, up or straight out the bottle.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
My (at the time) 1 year old Bosch fridge stopped making ice. It was out of warranty, and the Bosch repair guys said that a) the ice maker isn’t the problem and b) he doesn’t know how to fix it.

My wife went out and bought a pellet ice machine that was king of a pain in the ass to fill, so basically I went with very little ice for a year. I became one of those “ice is overrated” guys and even thought that closer to room temp water is superior.

Then about a month ago the power went out for four hours. I woke up the next morning and my Bosch ice bucket was full ice. Apparently the long outage reset the software. Found some threads on Reddit that confirmed this is a solve for the Bosch fridge, but those dickheads at Bosch won’t admit it.

Anyway, I am back to realizing that as Americans have known for decades, ice makes everything better.

And I put a timer plug on my fridge to shut it down for a few hours to keep the ice flowing.

I thought this was going to be a discussion about Ice Cube’s podcast tour or maybe he was starting his own. Oh well, I like pellet ice the best.

Pellet ice is great but crushed pellet ice is another level. The kind that if you turn up the cup it comes at you in one big blob.

Dairy Queen is the only place I can think of that has it. Maybe Steak n Shake? But all of the dairy dee’s and local diners had it growing up.

My (at the time) 1 year old Bosch fridge stopped making ice. It was out of warranty, and the Bosch repair guys said that a) the ice maker isn’t the problem and b) he doesn’t know how to fix it.

My wife went out and bought a pellet ice machine that was king of a pain in the ass to fill, so basically I went with very little ice for a year. I became one of those “ice is overrated” guys and even thought that closer to room temp water is superior.

Then about a month ago the power went out for four hours. I woke up the next morning and my Bosch ice bucket was full ice. Apparently the long outage reset the software. Found some threads on Reddit that confirmed this is a solve for the Bosch fridge, but those dickheads at Bosch won’t admit it.

Anyway, I am back to realizing that as Americans have known for decades, ice makes everything better.

And I put a timer plug on my fridge to shut it down for a few hours to keep the ice flowing.
🤓 technically room temperature water is better for hydration and digestion…

I don't know how this discussion went so far downhill so fast, but if your answer isn't rabbit poop ice (The Sonic kind) then I am not sure we can even have a conversation, much less be friends. I didn't realize this was even a question, much less a discussion.

There are various forms of being wrong.

Oh yeah, I remembered that wrong.
Oh yeah, I calculated that wrong.
Oh yeah, I effed your sister and that was wrong.
Oh yeah, I murdered dozens of people and that was wrong.
Oh yeah, I committed genocide and I guess that was probably wrong.

But to question whether or not pellet ice is the best version of ice? What kind of monsters am I in here with?
Geez us.

I don't know how this discussion went so far downhill so fast, but if your answer isn't rabbit poop ice (The Sonic kind) then I am not sure we can even have a conversation, much less be friends. I didn't realize this was even a question, much less a discussion.

There are various forms of being wrong.

Oh yeah, I remembered that wrong.
Oh yeah, I calculated that wrong.
Oh yeah, I effed your sister and that was wrong.
Oh yeah, I murdered dozens of people and that was wrong.
Oh yeah, I committed genocide and I guess that was probably wrong.

But to question whether or not pellet ice is the best version of ice? What kind of monsters am I in here with?
Geez us.
Absolutely not. The worst kind of ice is the Sonic ice. I hate drinking a big jug of Sonic Powerade (something special about the Sonic version) and then a tiny piece of solid ice comes through my straw and throws off the whole vibe of my drink. I need whatever is contained in my straw to be strictly liquid-based or the day is ruined.

The dirty little secret of pebble ice is that it reduces the amount of beverage served by a third or more. Why do you think they use it? Higher liquid displacement...

Reactions: roguemocha
Pellet ice for sure.

Wife and I are building a house and we were picking out an under the counter built-in ice machine. Wanted one that produced pellet ice, but they are $5,000 which is about 2k more than a standard ice maker. We will do without the pellet ice needless to say.

Kold Draft is the best ice out there. The machines are extremely pricey though.

I have to say if you use a straw in general, you’re a child.
If you're talking in a restaurant, out of a drinking glass etc. I couldn't agree more. Fast food etc. though, it's perfectly acceptable IMO.
Along those lines; If you're drinking your highball through the tiny drink stirrer straws at a bar (or anywhere really) you deserve to have it slapped out of your hand, and then run from the bar. Forcibly if necessary. Drink like a man, and stop behaving like a preening FOP.

rogue tended bar (don't know if any of you knew that LOL) and I can guarantee you he'll back me up on this. If a man is drinking his mixed drink like that, he's probably a prick, and poor tipper.

I will back that up and you’re also probably a degenerate that thinks bartenders are there to listen to your rough day, we’re not and we genuinely don’t care, welcome to the club.

I've never done that job, and even though everyone knows I'm a real people person (lol), I can't imagine listening to the mindless banalities, falling out of drunks' mouths all day.

I've never done that job, and even though everyone knows I'm a real people person (lol), I can't imagine listening to the mindless banalities, falling out of drunks' mouths all day.
The worst is when they talk about their lady being mad or leaving. I’m like look at you bro, you look disheveled on a Tuesday at 10:28a and you’re drinking scotch. Would you want to come home to you?

• Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Scotch at 10:30 in the morning on a weekday, well 10:30 in the morning on ANY day is, well, it more than likely indicates a problem/a shit ton of baggage. LOL

Even "I" can't fathom THAT.

Pellet/Ball. Easily. Sonic's Ice in particular.

I have to say if you use a straw in general, you’re a child.
Straws are convenient in many situations like driving or if you are eating something messy like sauced up chicken wings, then you don't have to get your cup/glass/mug all messy from having to pick it up. Just a couple examples.

Plus for me, I have a tendency to not drink enough liquids, and I find I will drink more if I have a straw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT