ADVERTISEMENT

I was so wrong, were you?

We do not have five (5) players who can play defense well enough to deserve to be on the floor, unfortunately. If you think we do, who are your five ?? I can’t name 5 … that I am convinced can play sound defense and rebound. It’s a tough position we find ourselves in with this team.
Good point. I think DJ, Edwards and Dilly are more than capable athletically to be at least serviceable. Then you have some guys who are not as gifted athletes but have good instincts like Reed and Thiero. Still, defense, like rebounding, is a want to thing. But when your coach seems like he doesn't want to coach defense then what can we expect? Players are an extension of the coach in most any sport. We are ran like an NBA team and we know those guys don't play defense until it matters. The guy that pretty much single handedly beat us last night was wide open on every shot he took. Our three point defense is absolutely terrible and has to be one of the worst in the nation.

I've got 2 hands raised up for being wrong and that's only because I'm not an alien who has more to put up.

The basketball aspect isn't even what has me done. It's the "DNP" part like this is some damn NBA team who has guys who sit and tank games/seasons. I'm on record thinking there is absolutely nothing wrong with Wagner, Edwards, think Thiero milked his situation, and agree with everyone on why the hell was Cal whining about Big Z if he's going to play him like he does a walk on who gets shafted minutes in a blowout?

The season turned for the worse when Big Z came in and showed far more talent/ability then Bradshaw at any point. Even culminated in my least favorite aspect of the program right now-seeing Bradshaw limp---thinking to myself as I saw it "he's going to shut it down now Big Z played well" and whether others want to admit they thought that or not is fine-I'm just saying that was my immediate thought and reasoning and it sums up the disgust I have for this program's chaotic state. Basketball wins/losses are fine for fans. We get angry/say things in frustration but when you get broken or are over an era it is usually more to it and with me it's the lack of control within the program from the leadership. It's chaotic. Tell me who is playing Saturday right now? Tell me who won't? Only safe guess for anyone is to speculate that a full team will NOT be available for some ****ing reason.

The Coaching last night was awful but as we discussed earlier in the season, Calipari is the worst coach in the country at end of Half/Game situations and that played out. He actually stunned when coaching well in Gainesville late and getting ball to best FT shooter, taking timeouts.....designing an inbounds play (had to be Welch's doing). Cal's ego is so large it's like he didn't like that Welch was getting credit and wanted to let us all know who runs things. Yeah--we see and it sucks. Sucks major **** if we're being blunt.

I'm done watching live games or caring until this era is over. It's not fun anymore. As someone who had a surgery and was sick for about 2 full months and didn't know what was going on, at least I was entertained and enjoyed the product. Now? I'd rather have my stone back and put in the stent I had to personally remove from my Urethra and play yo-yo with it than watch a Cal mess take place. Will he/won't he play? Why is he not playing? Who is upset and jealous of a teammate's success? Who is jealous of a staff member's success? What official hates Cal to ignore traveling tonight? Why does Cal feel for opposing coaches when he's in a position he should be fighting to keep his job? It just never ends. I thought he was going to go into the locker room and console Musselman and his team after that game with how he talked. Hell maybe he wanted in on some of the off the court crap that is rumored to be going on. Don't really know or care at this point.

Just want to watch a program that has a full roster available, guys who play hard and are not let down by their HC/Staff and live with results. I can take winning/losing but this program is like a bad relationship with wife/girlfriend where you know it's over--there are fun times while you try to keep it "alive" and at same time know it's done and just are waiting for the exact moment to pull the plug.
Hope you’re feeling better. I had my first stone last year and it sucked hard. My dad has had a ton of stones, and I’ve heard many horror stories of pulling out the stent.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Hope you’re feeling better. I had my first stone last year and it sucked hard. My dad has had a ton of stones, and I’ve heard many horror stories of pulling out the stent.
It was awful for about a month and when I had to go in-relieved. Been great having it out--was stuck and too large to pass so they had to laser it. The pain the 2 days after when it was lasered to "powder" form passing was unreal so can't imagine the actual pain of stones passing.

Stent was more awkward then painful to pull out. After you get the string-start pulling, not looking is way to go and do not yank-just gradually pull and it took about 10 secs.

I’ve wanted him gone since he choked against KSU and Bruce Weber in 2018.
2015 was one of the biggest choke jobs I’ve seen in my life. But I held onto hope even after losing to Tom Crean and Indiana in 2016.
2017 got me re-energized. But after 2018 I realized he was done. Then 2019 losing to Auburn without their best player and every season since has been a disappointment.

I know people say we had the team to win it in 2020. But Duke embarrassed us in the first game. Hagan’s quit against TN and it took a Brooks miracle performance to beat Fla in the last regular season game. That team was imploding like every team since that one.

I NEVER waiver from wanting Cal gone. I know he’s finished and we will never win the SEC or make another FF with him coaching.

Cal deserves plenty of heat and dislike because he is running KY basketball into the ground and he doesn’t care. He’s getting paid 9 million per year to destroy our program.

You can feel sorry for him and support him if you want. I DONT!

It was awful for about a month and when I had to go in-relieved. Been great having it out--was stuck and too large to pass so they had to laser it. The pain the 2 days after when it was lasered to "powder" form passing was unreal so can't imagine the actual pain of stones passing.

Stent was more awkward then painful to pull out. After you get the string-start pulling, not looking is way to go and do not yank-just gradually pull and it took about 10 secs.
The one I had was small enough to pass. The pissing it out wasn’t too bad, it was the movement of it to get to that point.

My dad had about 12 in him at one point last year. A couple of emergency surgeries to remove some, and a few visits to get his kidney punched by metal. My mom said when he pulled his stent out, he asked her to wait outside the door, and all she heard was a long gasp and then silence ha. It all sounded brutal, and I am glad I got blessed with his genes lol.

UKBB 2024. I'm never surprised when UK loses anymore. I've gotten used to it. Heck, they could lose to Vandy, as bad as they are, and I wouldn't be really shocked by it.

Nope. I wanted Calipari gone last year. I resisted the temptation to look at his "dream class" he had coming in. I knew it wouldn't matter how much talent was there, it wouldn't be enough to overcome his poor coaching.

The transition away from Cal will likely be rough, but that's going to be true whenever it happens. We might as well take the growing pains now and get someone in the position that is willing to do the job.
I actually think the transfer portal will make it easier to move away from cal. But I don't think uk should move a different direction unless they have there guy. This coaching searches are ending up in disaster,unless you know who you have coming.

If this is it for Cal then so be it, but let’s not remember him for the coach he has been for the past 4-5 years. Let’s remember him as the coach who at one point was the best man for this job, the coach that brought this program out of dark times, won a title, made final 4s. The endings are never pretty and don’t let these past couple of seasons tarnish his legacy at UK. He was the man for the job at one point but he’s no longer the coach this program needs. Wish him the best, and if he wants to continue to stick around as an ambassador to help with recruiting or something then that’s a win win situation.

• Haha
Reactions: ukjenning44
I fell for it once again. Looking at this teams deep roster of talent, and Cal finally starting Ugo and Reed seemed like not only would the Florida game be a run away but that this is/was a championship level team. Plus, I believe I read here that Cal was having the team practice a zone defense with Big Z in the middle.

Well, instead of a run away easy game it was once again a one-dimensional defense although Ugo was fantastic. We allow opponents to comfortably run their offense without any effort to change their tempo (no press, no zones, no nothing different). Unfortunately, Mitchell was not hitting outside shots in this game. Is the combination with Ugo not favorable for him? Typical again that Cal made what seemed like no adjustments or my continued issue I post where he does not appear to ever coach a player to stop during a game to stop doing something clearly not working. After the first half, why not instruct Mitchell to take the ball inside and not shoot the open 3's he is not hitting for this game. Remember Anthony Davis in the Championship game in the second half said he was not on target offensively so he would defer. Why he had to figure that out and not Cal is an example of what I mean. In fact, Cal has even been quoted suggesting the player needs to "figure it out."

I know many are down on Cal and I have resisted that impression for many years. But, whatever he is doing is not working and hasn't for a number of years. I know some suggest (including him) that the Covid cancellation was a team that may have won it all. Really? Easy to say but that doesn't make it true. If not this year then when? Our future recruits don't include some over the top elite elite elite recruit and with many of the current one and done, I don't see where there's a true championship shot again in the foreseeable future. It may be scary and a step back temporarily, but Cal has to go. I never thought I would reach that conclusion but it is the case for our program.
I made a ban bet with a chump on this board, in which I predicted we would have at least 10 losses. I'm not the least bit surprised.

If this is it for Cal then so be it, but let’s not remember him for the coach he has been for the past 4-5 years. Let’s remember him as the coach who at one point was the best man for this job, the coach that brought this program out of dark times, won a title, made final 4s. The endings are never pretty and don’t let these past couple of seasons tarnish his legacy at UK. He was the man for the job at one point but he’s no longer the coach this program needs. Wish him the best, and if he wants to continue to stick around as an ambassador to help with recruiting or something then that’s a win win situation.
It's Cal's job to avoid tarnishing his own legacy. It's not our job to remember him the way some internet troll told us to.

I’ll reserve judgment until we have a full healthy roster for at least one game this year. May never happen and injuries are never an excuse, but we win that game with Wagner playing last night. Also, I think this team still has a very high ceiling. There is no team in the county, that can do what this team does offensively if they are clicking on all cylinders. Just need to steal one at UT or at Auburn to make up for the loss last night. If the defense improves just a bit, a Final Four is still on the table. Bash away if you feel the need, but I’m still all in.

I respect Cal for what he did coming to UK. A lot of great memories watching games from 2010-2017 with family and friends. I don’t respect him for putting his own personal goals ahead of the program. It’s been glaring at us the last few seasons, and that is what many will remember when his time comes to an end. That’s on him, not the fans. The man was a freaking king in Lexington from 10-17, but he got off track with BBN.

I was once intrigued with Cal as some sort of ambassador. Now I’d rather see a complete separation from UK and Cal. Let him go off and be a politician, commentator, agent, or whatever. Then down the road he can come back for a celebration with the 2012 team.

There is no team in the county, that can do what this team does offensively if they are clicking on all cylinders.
I agree with you for once. No team in the COUNTY!
Fayette county! We might out-talent Lexington Catholic High School but their head coach would give Cal a run for the money 😂

Reactions: crestcat
Known it since 2019. Check the post history lol
Been in “wait and see” mode since 2019 myself. I went to see Theo Von last night instead of watching the game. Never imagined I would’ve made that decision 5 years ago.

Tired of getting smoke blown up my butt for months on end, getting told regular season doesn’t matter, SEC tourney doesn’t matter and it all comes down to March. Here recently, none of the 3 have been very successful so where are the goal posts gonna be moved to next?

Well at least we’ll have 4 names called on draft night.

Piss on draft night, Cal.

I've got 2 hands raised up for being wrong and that's only because I'm not an alien who has more to put up.

The basketball aspect isn't even what has me done. It's the "DNP" part like this is some damn NBA team who has guys who sit and tank games/seasons. I'm on record thinking there is absolutely nothing wrong with Wagner, Edwards, think Thiero milked his situation, and agree with everyone on why the hell was Cal whining about Big Z if he's going to play him like he does a walk on who gets shafted minutes in a blowout?

The season turned for the worse when Big Z came in and showed far more talent/ability then Bradshaw at any point. Even culminated in my least favorite aspect of the program right now-seeing Bradshaw limp---thinking to myself as I saw it "he's going to shut it down now Big Z played well" and whether others want to admit they thought that or not is fine-I'm just saying that was my immediate thought and reasoning and it sums up the disgust I have for this program's chaotic state. Basketball wins/losses are fine for fans. We get angry/say things in frustration but when you get broken or are over an era it is usually more to it and with me it's the lack of control within the program from the leadership. It's chaotic. Tell me who is playing Saturday right now? Tell me who won't? Only safe guess for anyone is to speculate that a full team will NOT be available for some ****ing reason.

The Coaching last night was awful but as we discussed earlier in the season, Calipari is the worst coach in the country at end of Half/Game situations and that played out. He actually stunned when coaching well in Gainesville late and getting ball to best FT shooter, taking timeouts.....designing an inbounds play (had to be Welch's doing). Cal's ego is so large it's like he didn't like that Welch was getting credit and wanted to let us all know who runs things. Yeah--we see and it sucks. Sucks major **** if we're being blunt.

I'm done watching live games or caring until this era is over. It's not fun anymore. As someone who had a surgery and was sick for about 2 full months and didn't know what was going on, at least I was entertained and enjoyed the product. Now? I'd rather have my stone back and put in the stent I had to personally remove from my Urethra and play yo-yo with it than watch a Cal mess take place. Will he/won't he play? Why is he not playing? Who is upset and jealous of a teammate's success? Who is jealous of a staff member's success? What official hates Cal to ignore traveling tonight? Why does Cal feel for opposing coaches when he's in a position he should be fighting to keep his job? It just never ends. I thought he was going to go into the locker room and console Musselman and his team after that game with how he talked. Hell maybe he wanted in on some of the off the court crap that is rumored to be going on. Don't really know or care at this point.

Just want to watch a program that has a full roster available, guys who play hard and are not let down by their HC/Staff and live with results. I can take winning/losing but this program is like a bad relationship with wife/girlfriend where you know it's over--there are fun times while you try to keep it "alive" and at same time know it's done and just are waiting for the exact moment to pull the plug.
Ralph do u know anything about this Dusty May fellow? We need a young hungry guy. Could he handle it?

I had national championship hopes might be lucky to make the tournament the way things are going.

Well said sir.

It's Cal's job to avoid tarnishing his own legacy. It's not our job to remember him the way some internet troll told us to.
Internet troll? So you can’t respect a coach for what he did do for this program? Says a lot about the person you are. A lot of fans take everything personal when it’s not. If Kentucky is worse without Cal what will you say then? I’m not saying I want Cal to stay and I agree it’s time for a change but there is a chance we have some down years after his departure

I fell for it once again. Looking at this teams deep roster of talent, and Cal finally starting Ugo and Reed seemed like not only would the Florida game be a run away but that this is/was a championship level team. Plus, I believe I read here that Cal was having the team practice a zone defense with Big Z in the middle.

Well, instead of a run away easy game it was once again a one-dimensional defense although Ugo was fantastic. We allow opponents to comfortably run their offense without any effort to change their tempo (no press, no zones, no nothing different). Unfortunately, Mitchell was not hitting outside shots in this game. Is the combination with Ugo not favorable for him? Typical again that Cal made what seemed like no adjustments or my continued issue I post where he does not appear to ever coach a player to stop during a game to stop doing something clearly not working. After the first half, why not instruct Mitchell to take the ball inside and not shoot the open 3's he is not hitting for this game. Remember Anthony Davis in the Championship game in the second half said he was not on target offensively so he would defer. Why he had to figure that out and not Cal is an example of what I mean. In fact, Cal has even been quoted suggesting the player needs to "figure it out."

I know many are down on Cal and I have resisted that impression for many years. But, whatever he is doing is not working and hasn't for a number of years. I know some suggest (including him) that the Covid cancellation was a team that may have won it all. Really? Easy to say but that doesn't make it true. If not this year then when? Our future recruits don't include some over the top elite elite elite recruit and with many of the current one and done, I don't see where there's a true championship shot again in the foreseeable future. It may be scary and a step back temporarily, but Cal has to go. I never thought I would reach that conclusion but it is the case for our program.
I choose not to quit on this team when we are still weeks away from the SEC and NCAA tournament. I am definitely not giving up on future teams. WTF? C'mon man, things are just heating up.

I said a couple years ago that Cal needed to go. Then this supposed amazing class was coming together. I said then, I do not care. We will flame out early and we waste a year getting a good coach. Cal must go. How many times do we have to be fooled into winning recruiting classes just to have a reason to save a guy who cannot coach?

The portal and older players are the cure. Cal has no ability to adjust. We need a coach and not someone like Cal who hopes 5* players make up for his suck. And BTW...how is this Class (exception of Reid) working out? And RS would have come here regardless.

Reactions: crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT