ADVERTISEMENT

I think Kentucky is the best team in the country right now

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
9-2 wins over UNC and Miami; 7-1 our last 8 and are avg over 90 pts a game.
Louisville tried to run with UK and the game was over at halftime.
With a full arsenal you are seeing that we cant be beat.
Im not even counting poor Z because the NCAA will not clear him but guess what?
It doesnt matter we are on the glory road once again!
Climb aboard or get run over!

will smith swimming GIF by Will Smith's Bucket List

Who would they be in your opinion?

I agree with the OP. UK is the best team in the country and only getting better

When the defense comes around, and it will, we’re going to dominate.
Kentucky can become the best team, but right now Kansas, Purdue, uconn(when fully healthy) Houston, Arizona are better, after that alot of arguments can be made

Purdue has looked really good in the games I've seen, I'd say they look like a legit #1 right now. UConn, I'd go with them as slightly better right now than our young Cats. Losing two games - both on true road games, one in conference and one at allen's fieldbarn.... I'd give a slight nod for them as better than us right now. I'd take kentucky against Kansas again right now. Arizona? Houston, not sure, I haven't seen yet, but if there's anyone else right now, I wouldn't know who it would be unless you would say them.

UK winning will take care of the rise in the polls - and everything else.

Just need to be cautious and optimistic, confident, but not cocky. Keep up the high energy and fast paste, spacing, get better defensively as a team as a whole, and we have the highest upside of anyone else by far, and it isn't close.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Purdue has looked really good in the games I've seen, I'd say they look like a legit #1 right now. UConn, I'd go with them as slightly better right now than our young Cats. Losing two games - both on true road games, one in conference and one at allen's fieldbarn.... I'd give a slight nod for them as better than us right now. I'd take kentucky against Kansas again right now. Arizona? Houston, not sure, I haven't seen yet, but if there's anyone else right now, I wouldn't know who it would be unless you would say them.

Just need to be cautious and optimistic, confident, but not cocky. Keep up the high energy and fast paste, spacing, get better defensively as a team as a whole, and we have the highest upside of anyone else by far, and it isn't close.
The UCONN who lost by 15 to an unranked opponent?

HH, break the Prozac in half brother. We’ve got the potential to be the best, but we’re not there yet. We’ve got to clean up a lot of things and our young guys need to grow in some areas. But on upside, I’d put us right at or very near the top.

Would you trade our lineup for theirs? I wouldn't, not even a decision in my opinion. Purdue will get passed by several teams by March, they just have experience and above average talent. They are at their ceiling already with no where to go.
No, but I would say they're the best team in the country today. We're close and will get there. I like our chances in March.

You are a troll and most likely the worst poster on this board. UK basketball is really good … YOU suck at this without a doubt.

No, but I would say they're the best team in the country today. We're close and will get there. I like our chances in March.
Agreed. And as I said list our top 5 against any other team. Then list our second 5. No other team out there even comes close top to bottom.

December basketball doesn't equal championships. This is the first year since 2015 I can say I wouldn't trade our lineup with any other teams.

Gun to my head, I’m taking Purdue, UConn, Houston and Purdue over UK. I’d slot us 5th behind all them. Could we beat those other teams? Absolutely. They have just proven to be more consistent so far.

Let’s not forget we were a shot away from losing at home to St Joe’s at home.

Not close to our best or what we are capable of this year. That being stated.... UK is fun to watch again.

Probably 3 or 4 teams right now a couple steps ahead of us. But if we grow to what we are capable of we can be one of those 4 or 5 teams come March. Lots of growing to do but so far (minus UNC Wil) it has been fun.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Tell me with a straight face you'd swap lineups with UCONN. Then tell me they are better. They are a second weekend team, they've peaked.
Yeah we’ve seen that song and dance before too. Don’t forget UCONN was a last second shot in their own conference tourney from being eliminated from consideration of the F68. They then went on to beat us for the title. Don’t EVER count out UCONN

Yeah we’ve seen that song and dance before too. Don’t forget UCONN was a last second shot in their own conference tourney from being eliminated from consideration of the F68. They then went on to beat us for the title. Don’t EVER count out UCONN
They definitely have a history of over achieving in the past two decades. I just don't see this year's UCONN team being that team. It's the guard play that typically carries them I'm the tournament. This season there are several teams with as good or better guard play than them.

Wasn’t long ago ole KWilt aka @HerrosHeroes was dumping all over Cal.

Now he is doing his usual stupid a$$ threads.

This (idiots) history speaks for itself. 40-0 one day and CoW sucks the next.

That’s why I can’t bring myself to block him. Pure humor.
He's a florida state football fan and a UK basketball fan. Lol.

I disagree but other than Purdue and Arizona you could make an argument we’re playing as well as any other team besides those two. Not completely sold on Houston yet
Same for Houston. This is not the Houston team of years past. Swap schedules with them and we are likely undefeated and they have 3-4 losses.

They have 4 quad 1 wins somehow when they've played :

Louisiana Monroe
Texas A&M Corpus Christi
Stetson
Towson
Utah
Dayton
Montana
Xavier
Rice
Jackson State
Texas A&M

They are pretenders IMO

You thought we were the best when we lost to UNCW. You always think we will win a title in bb or fb. We have a progressing team. That’s it. Cbb has a lot of very good teams. We have to still shake that UNCW loss but going on a winning streak here to start conference play and we need to beat Gonzaga. We could have a solid tournament chance but we need a strong seed in order to do that. UNCW basically prevents us from being the best team or even in the 1 seed talk until we rack up a bunch of q1 wins. Right i we have 1. We just beat an awful UL team so let’s temper our enthusiasm

Houston plays suffocating defense, I’m not sure what caliber teams they’ve played but they are holding teams to around 35%! If our young Cats could get the defense in the top 25-30 we could be scary good!

The consistency is really the only worry for me, that and figuring out who our best go to guys are. You tighten things up for an entire 40 minutes, and get the ball into the right guys hands.. two very easy things we should have fixed come Feb 1st, and we will be a tough out,

What team will not only have a back court with talent like DJ/Shep/Dilly.. along with a frontcourt of Bradshaw/Tre/Adou/Ugonna.

There will be better individual players.. Like Purdue's Edey.. but I'm not convinced that Purdue's front court will be better than ours as a whole.

Don’t let a 19 point win over Louisville fool you. My UofL Cardinals will be lucky to win 10 games this year.

Very impressed with Dillingham, Reeves and Sheppard. Would be a lot of fun to have a team anywhere close to that good again….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT