ADVERTISEMENT

I think Behanan intentionally draws out his recruiting

BigBlu_2002

All-SEC
May 24, 2002
I am not knocking him... just feel that because UK and UL are both after him and he is an in state kid, he will draw it out as lonmg as possible, probably have those in his final two and announce on the last day. What do you think?

If he draws out his recruitment he may end up with less options. Other than Davis, I doubt any other big time play would commit to UK before next spring, but you never know. If he doesnt commit now, Nash or Williams could take his place. This is all assuming he has been offered.

If we have in fact offered and he wants to come to UK then he better jump on it because that offer may not be there in the spring.

By committing to UK now he locks up Mr. Basketball before the season even starts.

I don't have a link, but when he mentioned wanting KY to recruit him a few months back, he also said it would be an honor b/c it is UK, but that "it was not like I would commit right away." I would like to see him in Blue and White, but the longer he waits the less likely I think we have a spot for him. If he really wants to be a Cat, he better do it soon instead of wanting all the attention, b/c it might be too late in the spring.

Agree with the Mr. Basketball selection, however, as the old saying goes,
" If you want some, come get some ", Young man you earned it don't loose it to soap opera U.

Originally posted by MakersMike:
I don't have a link, but when he mentioned wanting KY to recruit him a few months back, he also said it would be an honor b/c it is UK, but that "it was not like I would commit right away."

I'm pretty sure that was Tony Wroten Jr. who stated that.

Originally posted by wildcatdude:
Originally posted by UKDaytona:
Top 20 player in the state...if we DID offer he will accept..

Maybe...maybe not. He's not originally from Kentucky.

what does him not originally being from kentucky got to do with whether he accepts or not?

Originally posted by WldcatBlue:

Originally posted by wildcatdude:

Originally posted by UKDaytona:
Top 20 player in the state...if we DID offer he will accept..

Maybe...maybe not. He's not originally from Kentucky.

what does him not originally being from kentucky got to do with whether he accepts or not?

I'm no mind reader, but he probably means that an in state kid understands what it means to get an offer from UK, and would jump on it. Whereas a kid from out of state (and kids these days rarely know about tradition) would just see the UK symbol on a letter and go "add it to the pile." I understand we're on everyones radar now with Cal, but Cal by himself on a kid from out of state, and Cal with UK's history on an in state fan are 2 different stories. Also, on the homepage, Behanon's coach said he wouldn't commit til sometime in February at the latest.

Hate to brust you guys bubble, but Behanan doesn't have an offer. So if he does want to come to UK he will defianately draw it out.

If this kid has an offer from UK and wants to be a Wildcat I would advise him to committ imediately because IMO the UK SS will all be filled this fall. Cal might save a SS for a super star until this spring but Behanan does not fall into that catagory. IMO Cal would like to get the best player out of the state every year but wont pass on superior talent to do so.

Chane has said repeatedly he wasn't announcing til the end of Feb. I doubt a 5 star kid who is not originally from Ky will be rushed into a decision. UL, WVa, Purdue and many others are slobbering at the mouth because they desperately want this kid.

Just my opinion, but I think waiting to announce causes more hype for the kid for "Player of the Year." Let's be honest, if Behanan doesn't win Ky Player of the Year it will be old school politics because he only played two years in-state. There's no other hs player in Ky with his ability or college potential.

Originally posted by Columbus Cat:
Hate to brust you guys bubble, but Behanan doesn't have an offer. So if he does want to come to UK he will defianately draw it out.

Exactly.....

This is a bad post!

Why say a kid is intentionally drawing out the process when he is still waiting for offers from desired schools?

A very bad post!

Originally posted by bballcat4:
Chane has said repeatedly he wasn't announcing til the end of Feb. I doubt a 5 star kid who is not originally from Ky will be rushed into a decision. UL, WVa, Purdue and many others are slobbering at the mouth because they desperately want this kid.

Just my opinion, but I think waiting to announce causes more hype for the kid for "Player of the Year." Let's be honest, if Behanan doesn't win Ky Player of the Year it will be old school politics because he only played two years in-state. There's no other hs player in Ky with his ability or college potential.
Hicks? Behanan's a lock for MB, but Hicks might have the most college potential of anybody (but he's sitting out this year I suppose).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT