ADVERTISEMENT

I think a change is coming.

Starting lineup change, is fixing to happen. Cal sees it and knows it needs to happen.
Propose Hell To The No GIF by ABC Network

The starting lineup talking point is overblown. The subs everyone love blew the lead in the second half against LSU and again today after the starters pushed the lead to ten to start the half.

Counting today, since conference play started the starting lineup was winning in eight games, losing in eight games, and tied in one at the point the subs first came in. And some of those games Reed started and there wasn't any difference compared to how the normal starters start the game.

Last edited:
I agree. It will be either Z or Reed, IMO.
I'm not sure about Reed. I'd like to see stats on what happens everytime he passes up an open look. It doesn't seem like it often results in something good. We want guys who are going to put the opponent away early on.

You don’t think Bradshaw earned that 2nd half start?
Funny thing is the second half starting lineup with DJ and Bradshaw pushed the lead to ten. Then Reed and Z came in and Arkansas went on an 11-1 run.

You don’t think Bradshaw earned that 2nd half start?
He did play well on offense. I like him. I did going into the season. He just doesn't give hardly anything on defense. Why hasn't Z gotten a single start in any half this year? Especially the games he was blowing up, just doesn't seem fair. Z is twice the player Bradshaw is. But I like Bradshaw to sub in for Z. Ugos done.

Funny thing is the second half starting lineup with DJ and Bradshaw pushed the lead to ten. Then Reed and Z came in and Arkansas went on a 12-1 run.
But also that was with Tre who was killing any lineup he was in. He was rusty af. Also down 8 with 6 left Z came back in and the rest is history.

But also that was with Tre who was killing any lineup he was in. He was rusty af. Also down 8 with 6 left Z came back in and the rest is history.
That's not exactly accurate. Tre didn't come in until Arkansas had cut our lead to 3. So he was in for the last 4 points of their run, but it started well before he checked in.

I was thinking the same today also. I don’t know why but I just have a feeling he might change the starting 5 when postseason starts. I could be wrong but it’s funny I was thinking that too.

• Haha
Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
That's not exactly accurate. Tre didn't come in until Arkansas had cut our lead to 3. So he was in for the last 4 points of their run, but it started well before he checked in.
Here's a quote, "At the 5:42 mark of the second half. From that point on, the Wildcats had an all-freshman lineup on the floor. They didn't make another sub the rest of the game. Over that 5:42 with five freshmen on the floor, Kentucky outscored Arkansas by 12."

Z was 1 of those 5.

Here's a quote, "At the 5:42 mark of the second half. From that point on, the Wildcats had an all-freshman lineup on the floor. They didn't make another sub the rest of the game. Over that 5:42 with five freshmen on the floor, Kentucky outscored Arkansas by 12."

Z was 1 of those 5.
I'm talking about your first sentence, where you said the blown lead was "with Tre". Tre did not check into the second half until Arkansas had already cut the lead to 3.

The end of the game was obviously a great lineup and won us the game.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
I'm talking about your first sentence, where you said the blown lead was "with Tre". Tre did not check into the second half until Arkansas had already cut the lead to 3.

The end of the game was obviously a great lineup and won us the game.
Ok, might be right I was watching with a large annoying group. I do know Cal played Tre with Z a lot early. Tre struggled all day.

I'm not sure about Reed. I'd like to see stats on what happens everytime he passes up an open look. It doesn't seem like it often results in something good. We want guys who are going to put the opponent away early on.

I think Reed looks for the highest quality of shot every single time and sometimes he just needs to let it fly. Reed is a difference maker on both sides of the ball and reasoning he played more mins than anyone today.

The starting lineup talking point is overblown. The subs everyone love blew the lead in the second half against LSU and again today after the starters pushed the lead to ten to start the half.

Counting today, since conference play started the starting lineup was winning in eight games, losing in eight games, and tied in one at the point the subs first came in. And some of those games Reed started and there wasn't any difference between compared to how the normal starters start the game.
If you’re actually arguing the starting lineup is as good as a lineup with Reed, Rob, Reeves, and Z, you’re high AF.

If you’re actually arguing the starting lineup is as good as a lineup with Reed, Rob, Reeves, and Z, you’re high AF.
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing starting games and halves slowly isn't really a lineup thing and is more of a team wide thing. The actual data shows this to be true. With the starting five everyone hates, half the time we're winning and half the time we're losing. And when Reed has started we haven't started any better.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT