ADVERTISEMENT

I love UK basketball but

Speaking of ugly basketball courts, does anyone else think our old court looks better than the new one we had for the UNCW game? The state outline is a cool concept but I dont't think it looked great on TV. Just too much going on with the giant state outline and giant interlocking UK logo.

I'd like to see us go with a mix of old and new - remove the blue rectangles, keep the new Rupp logo, remove the checkerboard from the baseline, keep the SEC logo in the paint without a circle around it, and pick either a smaller state outline or the UK logo but not both

Reactions: Fox2monk
Speaking of ugly basketball courts, does anyone else think our old court looks better than the new one we had for the UNCW game? The state outline is a cool concept but I dont't think it looked great on TV. Just too much going on with the giant state outline and giant interlocking UK logo.

I'd like to see us go with a mix of old and new - remove the blue rectangles, keep the new Rupp logo, remove the checkerboard from the baseline, keep the SEC logo in the paint without a circle around it, and pick either a smaller state outline or the UK logo but not both
I prefer the old court with the red dot.

I prefer the old court with the red dot.
2560px-Rupp_Arena_center_court_circle.jpg

This is what we need

Memphis’ floor is ugly as shit too. Looks like some elementary school court from the mid-90’s
My emementary school goals didn't even have a backboard lol. It was the wall. It was this U shaped bracket that held the rim. The base of the pole that held that bracket was a big metal disc. Yeah it was ridiculous but I didn't think much of it back then. It's what we had.

• Haha
Who at TCU looked at the markups and approved that greyscale vomit pile? Memphis’s, also head scratchingly bad. I like Oregon’s, but I really like the northwest and evergreens. The new UK court both went too far and not far enough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT