ADVERTISEMENT

I hope the NCAA doesn't make a decision on UNC for a while

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
I like how this is playing out. Brandon Ingram said that he didn't want to walk into a situation like up at Syracuse, and that's why he picked Duke and not UNC. Many recruits care about that situation (well, except for Luke Maye.....)
Personally, I hope this is an ongoing thing for a long time. Keep throwing wood into the fire and keep the situation alive, but don't put an end to it for a long time.

UNC has been taking possible 1-2 year players and turning them into 3-4 year players and then trying to stop the 3 year guys from leaving.

When their guys next year are forced to leave since they're seniors. Heels are going to desperately need a big class to come in after that or they are in big trouble.

Some of the IC jabs on Cal and K flies in the face of hypocrisy as Roy has tried his best to recruit many of the same players. Hell he just admitted a few months ago that he was having trouble even getting the top 10 guys to even visit the campus.

Anybody that says Izzo, Bo Ryan, Roy Williams, etc. don't recruit those players, are idiots. Pretty sure Bo Ryan went all the way to Cleveland to recruit at the Adidas event. Two things tell me that he's going after OAD's there.

1. He's sticking to the Wisconsin/Adidas brand when recruiting players. That's an elite player thing.
2. He's leaving Wisconsin to recruit, which is strange for him.

Then you look at Izzo's recruiting class, he's doing it too, and he was in Lexington at EYBL this past weekend. Same with Roy Williams, at EYBL this past weekend. Pretty sure he recruited Justin Jackson, and went after Brandon Ingram as well. We all know he recruited Julius Randle hard.
Those who say that those coaches don't recruit OADs have their heads buried in the sand.

Hell, even Rick Pitino is recruiting OADs now, albeit, he's missing out on the high school OADs and getting graduate transfers, but still. Those kids would rather go to Cleveland State to get a degree, and then go play for Rick only one year.
#TheLinebeardEffect

The only problem now is that Puke is getting all of the NC 5 stars and not having to split them with Carolina anymore...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT