ADVERTISEMENT

I am not giving up yet!

The good news is this actually seems like his last chance. This past offseason was nothing like this. There weren't even rumblings of any kind. Buyout will also not even matter after it shrinks by another 9 mil.

Here’s hoping usc loses their coach and Lebron asks Cal to coach his son in that crap hole state
Okay the first domino has fallen! The USC coach has been hired at SMU creating an opening at USC. Maybe they will take Cal?

Lol, Cal and Mitch made a video basically laughing in the fan's faces while essentially saying we don't matter. Yet, some of you all think Cal is going to give up 9 million annually or that UK is going to somehow decide a 27 million dollar buyout is more acceptable next year than the 33.7 they would have paid this year.

Damn, the delusion some of you all must live with!

Last edited:
Well, I was hoping that he would be forced to get some assistant coaches that could teach defense and maybe would watch some game film on the opposing teams for a start. However now that I think about it he probably did not have any restrictions placed on him and I am truly delusional. What would make me think that Mitch would place any restrictions on him?

I am hoping the restrictions placed on Calipari will cause him to look into other openings such as SMU or USC and maybe he leaves on his own in a week or two.
That would be nice, but I just don't see it happening at this point, at least not this year. I'd say the combination of his stubbornness, pride, and greed will keep him here until the contract expires. I think the idea of quitting will never enter his mind, because that would amount to failure for him. He wants to go out on top at UK. He certainly doesn't want to feel like a failure, though he's failed to live up to his own standards of playing for Final Fours and titles that he set when he took this job, at least for the last 7-8 years. No, I'm afraid we're stuck with him for now. I wouldn't be surprised if his next success (an elite 8 or better) will likely end his career at UK. If he doesn't find anymore success here next season, which is very likely in my opinion, Mitch may have to be fired to get to Cal.

Okay the first domino has fallen! The USC coach has been hired at SMU creating an opening at USC. Maybe they will take Cal?
The first and ONLY domino, Cal is not going anywhere this year. Save your hopes, you are in for a big let down if you think he is leaving. USC is NOT paying Cal type money for a coach, even if Cal was interested. He makes 9 million, why would he leave to go to USC for LESS money and Cali taxes ? He wouldnt.

CBS should be crucified on this forum daily. There was this insane thread recently about we should all come together and get behind this absurd business as usual approach to UK bb.

No a thousand times no. I will never be supportive of CBS going forward.

Cal ain't going nowhere and Mitch does not have the guts to fire him so Cal is at Ky as long as he wants to be.

Cal ain't going nowhere and Mitch does not have the guts to fire him so Cal is at Ky as long as he wants to be.
Unfortunately this is correct. Cal will likely win a game or 2 in the tournament next year and it will be held up as evidence of improvement. Neither Mitch or Eli care enough about men's basketball to hold him to a higher standard and they certainly don't care what the fans want.
Very likely Cal is here to the end of his contract.

Reactions: chevyman 50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT