ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve said it before: why not Bobby Hurley?

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Hear me out. He has the genes. He is just as fiery and competitive as his brother. He knows what championship level basketball looks like. He knows what a TEAM is.

There’s just one problem: he’s been stuck in obscurity on the west coast for a decade+. He’s in no man’s land out there.

Take a chance on this guy. You have to take chances. UConn did and look where they are now.

Michelle Tanner Wow GIF by Bubble Punk

Why not Brad Calipari?

He has the genes. He can't be any less competitive than his dad. He's just been stuck in obscurity at Vandy.

Stupid analogy. You know nothing about the Hurley family to make this comparison.

Hear me out. He has the genes. He is just as fiery and competitive as his brother. He knows what championship level basketball looks like. He knows what a TEAM is.

There’s just one problem: he’s been stuck in obscurity on the west coast for a decade+. He’s in no man’s land out there.

Take a chance on this guy. You have to take chances. UConn did and look where they are now.
i hope this is humor and not serious

In 11 seasons as a head coach he has never had less than 10 losses, has a career win percentage of 54% in a conference that is trash and never advanced out of the first round in 4 tournament appearances. I wouldn't want him as our student manager.

Stupid analogy. You know nothing about the Hurley family to make this comparison.
No worse than the original post. Mitch should be fired for hiring the other Hurley.

You know nothing about sports to imply that because they're related, he would be good. He's won ZERO NCAA tournament games. If the genetics make it so easy--why can't he win 1 NCAA tournament game? Maybe because it aint that simple.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
There are a million reasons this is a no…
But for giggles could you imagine the two hurleys going bonkers on the same court

Would force refs into retirement after that game.

Reactions: Wonky

How About Rajon Rondo?

I'll say it again: I still hate Laetner, and, by extension, Hurley and dUKe. Plus Bobby Hurley is not a good coach.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
He was pretty desirable after his 2 years with Buffalo, but he probably should have stayed another year or two until a better job opened up. He has been at ASU too long now and actually has more losing seasons than winning seasons. Going to be tough for him to ever get a high profile job.

Reactions: Wonky
He was pretty desirable after his 2 years with Buffalo, but he probably should have stayed another year or two until a better job opened up. He has been at ASU too long now and actually has more losing seasons than winning seasons. Going to be tough for him to ever get a high profile job.

That’s kind of what I’m saying though. This is a guy who was a big influence on Nate Oats, who everybody here wants. Arizona State is like purgatory. He should have never taken that job. When was the last time an east coast guy went to the western time zone and really succeeded?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT