ADVERTISEMENT

I’M ON THE TRAIN! FIRE JOHN CALIPARI!

You miserable pricks that have swarmed our forum for the last 2-3 years! I’m with you! Let’s find a way to get this clown out of Lexington!

(And yes, you were right).

I am here too... sadly.
"Glad to have you with us!"

FUrQAW.gif

Can't let this thread disappear. I need people to know exactly where I now stand so I don't get constantly accused of being a nut hugger or middling floater.

Now I'm not going to bash on Cal personally like some of you, but as far as his coaching and the situation Barney has us in with this absurd buyout, I'll rip him apart.
Us Union County bros have to stick together. I agree with you 100%. I don’t hate Cal as a person but I’ve been done with him as HC for 2+ years now and last night was the last straw.

Reactions: TheDude73
The miserable train sucks because you feel like a whining piece of crap, but cal has made it to where there isn’t a other option
Yeah, I was fired up last night (but not in rage), so I wanted to be clear this morning that I'm fully ready for him to be gone, now, as in later today when they land in Lexington, but I'm not going to drop to the level of some people around here in personally attacking him and his family. I'm also not going to bemoan people that still support him as I know they do it out of fear of the unknown (as in what if the new hire ends up being WORSE).

But with regards to his coaching malpractice, insane focus on NBA draft picks over UK wins, and his arrogance towards fans - that'll get me riled up.

Yeah, I was fired up last night (but not in rage), so I wanted to be clear this morning that I'm fully ready for him to be gone, now, as in later today when they land in Lexington, but I'm not going to drop to the level of some people around here in personally attacking him and his family. I'm also not going to bemoan people that still support him as I know they do it out of fear of the unknown (as in what if the new hire ends up being WORSE).

But with regards to his coaching malpractice, insane focus on NBA draft picks over UK wins, and his arrogance towards fans - that'll get me riled up.
People should never attack his family and him on a personal level. But his coaching is free game, he is a terrible coach and it’s well past time for Kentucky to move on

People should never attack his family and him on a personal level. But his coaching is free game, he is a terrible coach and it’s well past time for Kentucky to move on
I think we all know that he's actually a better coach than what we have seen. The guys been coaching for decades with a world of success. What we are seeing today is a man whose priorities have changed regarding "why" he's still in the coaching game at all. This idea of coaching for the "names on the back of the jersey" is his problem. Once he got his Title in 2012, for him, it was a total reset in purpose and values. He only cares about the season long NBA audition and positioning certain players for the draft. Winning games isn't "why" he's still coaching. Winning only provides grease for the wheels for this OAD malaise. This is the reason I believe a case could be made to fire him for cause. Whether that case could win, I don't know, but the rationale and reasoning for it is there. If nothing else, the threat of a protracted legal battle could be used to negotiate a lesser settlement. This man does not deserve to be paid anything more ... again IMO.

I think we all know that he's actually a better coach than what we have seen. The guys been coaching for decades with a world of success. What we are seeing today is a man whose priorities have changed regarding "why" he's still in the coaching game at all. This idea of coaching for the "names on the back of the jersey" is his problem. Once he got his Title in 2012, for him, it was a total reset in purpose and values. He only cares about the season long NBA audition and positioning certain players for the draft. Winning games isn't "why" he's still coaching. Winning only provides grease for the wheels for this OAD malaise. This is the reason I believe a case could be made to fire him for cause. Whether that case could win, I don't know, but the rationale and reasoning for it is there. If nothing else, the threat of a protracted legal battle could be used to negotiate a lesser settlement. This man does not deserve to be paid anything more ... again IMO.
He hasn’t been a good coach since 2018. He refuses to make changes and does the same bullshit that has lost him games his whole career as a coach

Cal had March magic his first eight-ish years and I was willing to give him the chance to turn it around this year because COVID disrupted everything.

It's hard to argue for Cal's continued employ as UK's head coach. I don't know how long he has left in Lexington, but I'm no longer defending him in the slightest. Dude had a good career. It's just time for him to leave – the past five years are ample evidence.

You miserable fans that have swarmed our forum for the last 2-3 years! I’m with you! Let’s find a way to get this clown out of Lexington!

Haven’t you been on this train for awhile? Seems your only issue has been with posters who turn every thread into a cal bashing thread.

He hasn’t been a good coach since 2018. He refuses to make changes and does the same bullshit that has lost him games his whole career as a coach
I agree ... but for some reason, he has changed priorities and that's the question. I think he's told all of us but many don't want to believe him or think he's talking out of both side of his mouth for some imagined recruiting advantage. He means exactly what he's saying because he's delusional. I think he wants to someday be able to look across the NBA landscape and boastfully "claim" that those are "his" players ... he did that. Is it really about the players or is more about him? I honestly don't think the man is well ... just lost.

Haven’t you been on this train for awhile? Seems your only issue has been with posters who turn every thread into a cal bashing thread.
Yes, but not fully on it. I was willing to give him this year to see what he could do with this kind of talent and mixture of experience. And I've never been fond of being nasty to each other or twisting Cal's poor performance into personal / family attacks.

Previously I just wanted the negativity to pause until we knew how this season was going to end. And I haven't been and won't be a fan of baiting other fans (affectionately known as "Cal Huggers") to argue about Cal, nor will I be interested in reading people beating on Cal's personal life or families.

I will still be an advocate for middle ground and not arguing with other fans, just from the vantage point that we all need to work together for the common goal of getting Kentucky back on track, and the only way now appears to be a major coaching change.

I agree ... but for some reason, he has changed priorities and that's the question. I think he's told all of us but many don't want to believe him or think he's talking out of both side of his mouth for some imagined recruiting advantage. He means exactly what he's saying because he's delusional. I think he wants to someday be able to look across the NBA landscape and boastfully "claim" that those are "his" players ... he did that. Is it really about the players or is more about him? I honestly don't think the man is well ... just lost.
Cal regularly says "we've put more kids into the NBA than any other school". Emphasis on "put", as if he or Kentucky was the sole reason these kids made it. Which is absurd on its face because these kids don't need Cal or Kentucky to get there - they were already going to be there regardless of what school or coach they chose.

He's all about trying to revert their successes in the NBA back to something he did, and speaks about it more than anything else, even though we all know HE did really nothing except get them to come play at Kentucky.

Cal regularly says "we've put more kids into the NBA than any other school". Emphasis on "put", as if he or Kentucky was the sole reason these kids made it. Which is absurd on its face because these kids don't need Cal or Kentucky to get there - they were already going to be there regardless of what school or coach they chose.

He's all about trying to revert their successes in the NBA back to something he did, and speaks about it more than anything else, even though we all know HE did really nothing except get them to come play at Kentucky.
''The team had won a total of just two NCAA tournament games in the previous four seasons, and over the last two, it had lost 27 games. That's not supposed to happen in Lexington."

- John Calipari, from 2014

Agree ... I've said for some time it appears to me this whole charade is more about Cal than the kids. Makes for a good bedtime story for the kids though and pays well too.

Welcome and I forgive you for bashing my guts in…lol
Well I still think your incessant moaning was premature and took away from whatever excitement we were all trying to conjure up. Now that the excitement is gone, we get to live on this site for days hitting refresh and hoping to see the "Cal is Finally Gone" thread topic.

You miserable fans that have swarmed our forum for the last 2-3 years! I’m with you! Let’s find a way to get this clown out of Lexington!

Dude73, you've been on this board a long time and I've always respected your opinions. Welcome aboard.

Well I still think your incessant moaning was premature and took away from whatever excitement we were all trying to conjure up. Now that the excitement is gone, we get to live on this site for days hitting refresh and hoping to see the "Cal is Finally Gone" thread topic.
I never waivered from wanting Cal gone. Some people go back and forth. Get up after a win and down after a loss. I didn’t allow myself to go through the ups and downs because I’ve known how this season would play out.

I’ve been finished with Cal since the 2018 loss to KSU.Some still want to give him another chance. Thankfully you have realized it’s time for him to go.

Reactions: vernoncoy

I have not posted in quite a while because I have been heart broken over the state of our team. After yesterday's horrific loss, I wanted to see how other fans are coping. The last few years have been so miserable thanks to Cal's incompetence that I just wanted him to go away! Now, I am just numb and in disbelief - did this really happen? If there is any justice, we won't have that SOB coaching the Cats next year!!

Reactions: ukjenning44
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT