ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley offered

Zags could tell you the best 1974 Grateful Dead show without hesitation but doubt he's trustworthy with breaking news pertaining to Kentucky. But, he's pretty plugged in around NY/NJ.

Norlander or Goodman or someone like that will be the one announcing the hire. They know all the agents and get the info from them.

We shall see. Drew has been the obvious choice from the get go. I don’t love it, but it is what it is.

I’d rather accept it than be disappointed when we don’t get the long shot Hurley.
Bro you live in the middle of nowhere ky. Im just stating what the offer was no need to be pessimistic and if hurley is HC id like you to eat that crow

This JD report is not news or remotely relevant.

His connections say money people ate prepared. to ensure an 11 million dollar a year offer for Hurley. The report doesnt say an offer has been made because Mitch would do that.

Mitch is making the decision. If bjs choice is Drew then the money people won’t be needed.

Please explain

The only reason it makes sense is because he doesn’t want to leave that area. Kentucky is better at literally everything else. I’m not sure why that’s so hard for folks to understand
He just won back to back titles there. He had family ties. Why would he leave? For a few extra million? Don’t think so. Plus Mitch is going after his pal Drew. It’s all quite simple.

that is crazy money

UK is shitting itself about a $33m buyout but then throws $11m at a guy?

I can't make that make sense

well I guess they are spending that $33m aren't they
Didnt want to give cal 11M when boosters hate him, giving money to back to back champ coach is way easier

Reactions: Farsight
MB has probably heard the equivalent of 'Go fly a kite' a couple times already, hence, Drew.

that is crazy money

UK is shitting itself about a $33m buyout but then throws $11m at a guy?

I can't make that make sense

well I guess they are spending that $33m aren't they
It’s business. UK felt that paying $33 mil for Cal wouldn’t net them any return. That’s a bad investment.

They feel like giving $77 mil or more to Hurley would net them potentially hundreds of millions of dollars. That’s a good investment

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
It’s business. UK felt that paying $33 mil for Cal wouldn’t net them any return. That’s a bad investment.

They feel like giving $77 mil or more to Hurley would net them potentially hundreds of millions of dollars. That’s a good investment
sounds like he either already said no or that was all a big hoax based on the Scott Drew posts

There's a lot of BS out there. I have a hard time believing some of the stories floating around. If Hurley is getting offers like that with an incentive, UConn is going to have a hard time keeping up.
He’s not getting an offer it’s smoke to make people happy. Barney wants drew and the mistake in all of this is Barney needed to go before cal.

He just won back to back titles there. He had family ties. Why would he leave? For a few extra million? Don’t think so. Plus Mitch is going after his pal Drew. It’s all quite simple.
Again, Kentucky is infinitely more prestigious than UConn with way more access to money, facilities, etc. To think otherwise is just silly

The only reason Hurley would not come would be because of the area

Hurley is a Northeast guy through and through and is peaking why would he leave all his lifelong friends and family. Not everyone sells their soul for money especially when he has plenty. It is a big ask and a pipe dream if you ask me. Not that I wouldn't love to see it happen.

Just like Few will never leave. When you are home and have plenty why leave everything behind for a little more.

What about Oats? Are we giving up on him?
A couple of reasons, one, the $18 million buyout to hire him away from Alabama, and two, he put out that message to the fans assuring them any rumors would be false, while secretly hoping UK would make the call so he felt like one of the big boys, and possibly get another raise.

Apparently Mitch put his jockstrap on correctly today, and is contacting the Whales on his short list to replace JVC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT