ADVERTISEMENT

Humana!!!

As long as it fixes what they've done to the Medicare population, it will be good. Working in healthcare seeing people opting out of their traditional Medicare for a Humana advantage plan is a terrible decision. Providers of any kind, not just doctors, ie home health, nursing homes, skilled rehab, hospitals, etc get reimbursed ass and often lose....which reflects on the care. If your medicare will pay for X amount of visits or an X amount of stay length...Humana will pay less, preauthorize everything and deny...which means you'll start all over and be back looking the same care again because you didn't get adequate time initially. Only this time no one can take you because Humana turned the cost strain on all those providers. However, they do supposedly bundle their part D, I suppose that's good.

Humana knows about the changes in the Medicare Advantage market this coming year. It must not be good for them to talk of selling. It is kinda like a large company that has a huge investment in junk bonds. It's going to get you sooner or later. The MA plans have been getting worse every year, but I think that was by design when they started them. They have people hooked now that can't go back to a Medicare Supplement (without a special event) because of health issues.

MA's are really good for those that are on Medicare disability. It is almost the only choice that have that is prudently priced and they can't be turned down.

The only reason it's been sold is medicaid/Medicare/military. This time next year Downtown Louisville will have 5000 Jobs gone. Commercial serves no purpose or anything else for that matter. Stocks are high good time to sell Humana.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
This time next year Downtown Louisville will have 5000 Jobs gone. .

:rolleyes:

Always love doom and gloom comments like this. Any sale/merger does not mean all the jobs leave town. if Cigna takes over you are talking about a company that could be around $70 billion in revenue and a little lower than that in market cap. Thats obviously not small and would still have a significant presence in Louisville. Over time will the city lose thousands of jobs? I would say that is a guarantee, Humana has something like 13,000 employees in the city (and over 50,000 total employees). It will still hurt the city/state no doubt, high level executives will leave town and you will lose out on future job creation. But you dont just pack up and move that talent/knowledge base, Kentucky is a relatively cheap state to keep employees in (Cigna and Aetna are both based in Connecticut which is among the most expensive) and the cities image will take a hit losing a Fortune 100 company headquarters but its not going to be the end of the world and will still be a major employer in town.

The worst part will be losing a significant amount of high income jobs. The workforce will still be here, but Humana employs hundreds of Director level and above people that make $150,000 and above in Louisville. My guess is most of those jobs will be gone and every single executive level over $500,000 a year job will be gone. That is a big loss to our community as that's a huge part of the tax base and they spend a lot of money which whirls around in the economy. I just started at Humana in January so I am kind of shell-shocked right now. Fortunately I work in the Medicare area which is what everyone wants to buy and what Aetna and Cigna are not very good at so we will probably stay in town no matter what. Aetna also is big on work at home which would be nice.

I worked for CHA Health, before/after Humana bought them out. Needless to say, they wanted to move all of those jobs to Louisville. I got out with a quickness....thank GOD!

If the sale goes through, it will be bad for the consumer. Just another major player gone from the competition.

Yeah, I thought regulators might look down on the merger, then I realized this is just one step closer to single-payer.

I worked for CHA Health, before/after Humana bought them out. Needless to say, they wanted to move all of those jobs to Louisville. I got out with a quickness....thank GOD!

So did I. In the mailroom. Was given the option to go retain my job in Louisville though, but declined.

ADVERTISEMENT