ADVERTISEMENT

Hubby and I bought four UK shirts (1 tee, 1 sleeveless each)

We were at Walmart. I couldn't find any "Big Blue Nation" in my size. Honestly, I don't remember ever seeing that much UK merchandise. Holy cow. Oh, and we also got an adhesive bumper decal, and a window sticker. Anyone else here getting merch?
So, they weren't selling UK merchandise in Walmart because they've been frustrated with Calipari?

This was all a plan by the Walton family to hire cal away then reap the benefits of moving UK merchandise in their stores. 4D Chess.
Are you completely serious? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, but it just seems strange. Why would they want to sell UK gear in support of Calipari and Arkansas?

I’ve been collecting 96UK vintage for years. It hit a peak to buy about 5 years ago, absolutely loaded down in shirts, jackets, cards, auto’s, just lots of it for great prices. Some of my favorite pieces. Bought a pair of denim converses with Pitino tags still in place that was a little pricey. And to top it off my father has a game used Pope jersey from 96. Can’t get on that action until his passing. I’m tellin him the day is coming! The 96 vintage has been my jam since I was a kid. Nike just HAS TO bring it out, right? I mean this is a no brainer but I’m sure they’ll screw it up.

Walmarts in Lexington have to a of UK gear but I’m not a fan. Of course, everyone is pissing me off 96 UK stuff is going sky high right now. I guess I got enough at the right time.

The Fay mall has a really awesome vintage remake of a 96 shirt that they were selling for 50 before pope, I need to get over there and see if there is any left. Probably not, saw a guy wearing one in line outside of the “press conference”.

Walmart UK merch is meh, but I’m more into collecting the real stuff so if you’re someone who just wants some shirts and don’t really care I’d go all in. Congrats on loading down.

I’ve been collecting 96UK vintage for years. It hit a peak to buy about 5 years ago, absolutely loaded down in shirts, jackets, cards, auto’s, just lots of it for great prices. Some of my favorite pieces. Bought a pair of denim converses with Pitino tags still in place that was a little pricey. And to top it off my father has a game used Pope jersey from 96. Can’t get on that action until his passing. I’m tellin him the day is coming! The 96 vintage has been my jam since I was a kid. Nike just HAS TO bring it out, right? I mean this is a no brainer but I’m sure they’ll screw it up.

Walmarts in Lexington have to a of UK gear but I’m not a fan. Of course, everyone is pissing me off 96 UK stuff is going sky high right now. I guess I got enough at the right time.

The Fay mall has a really awesome vintage remake of a 96 shirt that they were selling for 50 before pope, I need to get over there and see if there is any left. Probably not, saw a guy wearing one in line outside of the “press conference”.

Walmart UK merch is meh, but I’m more into collecting the real stuff so if you’re someone who just wants some shirts and don’t really care I’d go all in. Congrats on loading down.
I have a penis tongue wildcat beanie. Pretty dope. Blue with the gray cat on the front.

Are you completely serious? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, but it just seems strange. Why would they want to sell UK gear in support of Calipari and Arkansas?
Absolutely not. Look into the kids.... They don't care about Arkansas at all.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
I have a penis tongue wildcat beanie. Pretty dope. Blue with the gray cat on the front.

Bet that’s sweet. These “fans” are really pissin me off. For a while there it wasn’t too hard to grab it all up.

I’m wondering what Nike is gonna do. I just don’t see how they f this up. It’s soooo time Rich, it’s time to get this brand back where it belongs. One of my favs is one with the jump out wildcat and UK letting all in silver and black on both sleeves, crazy fire pattern all over the front. There’s so much to work with here they just cannot help themselves. They’ll convince us “the kids just love” the new logo, but “let’s add some 96 color”. They’ll do something stupid. It couldn't be tee’d up any better but…

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
Here’s the shirt I was talking about. The vintage remake. Not bad I’m suprised usually we like to ignore our good sht because “who cares what we wear”. Looking like sht is “fine” because “I only care about the basketball game”. What Nike has been doing to our gear is an abomination. Pope is going to revive our brand which is desperately needed. The 90’s are in style again it’s time we used something “the kids” will actually like instead of Barnhart pretending they like what he serves up

ONENESS_0003_47-BRAND-VINTAGE-KENTUCKY-SS-TEE-WHITE-CM023TMMLEL637811WW_1445x.jpg

Here’s the shirt I was talking about. The vintage remake. Not bad I’m suprised usually we like to ignore our good sht because “who cares what we wear”. Looking like sht is “fine” because “I only care about the basketball game”. What Nike has been doing to our gear is an abomination. Pope is going to revive our brand which is desperately needed. The 90’s are in style again it’s time we used something “the kids” will actually like instead of Barnhart pretending they like what he serves up

ONENESS_0003_47-BRAND-VINTAGE-KENTUCKY-SS-TEE-WHITE-CM023TMMLEL637811WW_1445x.jpg
UK branding has been an embarrassment since 2016. Bring back the clawing cat, bring back the old UK logo, bring back the traditional 1992/1981/1978 style uniforms.

While i’m at it. @POPE41 bring back the old rupp floor too. Either the 1996 or 2015 one will work. The solid bright blue endzone, the old, power K interlocking UK at center court. The perfect toned wood. Or even the 1996 KentuckY wordmark with the clawing cat at mid court. Nike sucks.

Reactions: chroix
While i’m at it. @POPE41 bring back the old rupp floor too. Either the 1996 or 2015 one will work. The solid bright blue endzone, the old, power K interlocking UK at center court. The perfect toned wood. Or even the 1996 KentuckY wordmark with the clawing cat at mid court. Nike sucks.

Power K should have never gone away, the new interlocking UK is the worst I’ve ever seen. It’s unreal bad. The original UK is sexy, sleek, and I’m convinced someone at Nike intentionally does this. I just can’t believe how bad it’s been. Checkers, birg logo, this nasty new UK logo. Choppy and garbage. I was at the blue white football game and at least I think they’re done with the horrible shades of black and dark blue checkered end zones. All original UK blue now.

I’m with ya 100. Although I’m geared toward the original Rupp circle minus the red. Then have the jump outs in opposite corners and Rupp’s name the other two. Change it out with a full vintage floor like you’re talking about.

I’ll never understand it. But Pope actually listened to us I think he comes here. Coach P2, please continue to listen to us. He’s gonna rebrand us the guy knows his sht.

And the word hubby is cringy. She’s cool but I know what you mean.

Power K should have never gone away, the new interlocking UK is the worst I’ve ever seen. It’s unreal bad. The original UK is sexy, sleek, and I’m convinced someone at Nike intentionally does this. I just can’t believe how bad it’s been. Checkers, birg logo, this nasty new UK logo. Choppy and garbage. I was at the blue white football game and at least I think they’re done with the horrible shades of black and dark blue checkered end zones. All original UK blue now.

I’m with ya 100. Although I’m geared toward the original Rupp circle minus the red. Then have the jump outs in opposite corners and Rupp’s name the other two. Change it out with a full vintage floor like you’re talking about.

I’ll never understand it. But Pope actually listened to us I think he comes here. Coach P2, please continue to listen to us. He’s gonna rebrand us the guy knows his sht.

And the word hubby is cringy. She’s cool but I know what you mean.
Just go back to the 2012-2015 court. Perfection.

Reactions: POPE41
Just go back to the 2012-2015 court. Perfection.

I don’t think we’ll ever get that logo back. Maybe Pope can make something happen, I’m sure he knows we hate it. But the entire university campus is decked out in the new logo. I complain non stop about it. You’d think they’d want to at least have a retro wildcat on the floor similar to Louisville. I mean surely Nike understands they’d sell a lot more merch getting this right and it would make the rivalry sell better.

Luckily for us Pope is going to want to have a total rebranding to try and get his own look on the program. He wants Calipari erased. lol.

We had the wrong guy in that seat when Nike wanted to get stupid. He absolutely didn’t care and just let them do whatever they wanted. Most coaches wouldn’t have allowed some of it, but I don’t think he wanted our brand good looking anyway. I just don’t. Or he didn’t give a damn.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I don’t think we’ll ever get that logo back. Maybe Pope can make something happen, I’m sure he knows we hate it. But the entire university campus is decked out in the new logo. I complain non stop about it. You’d think they’d want to at least have a retro wildcat on the floor similar to Louisville. I mean surely Nike understands they’d sell a lot more merch getting this right and it would make the rivalry sell better.

Luckily for us Pope is going to want to have a total rebranding to try and get his own look on the program. He wants Calipari erased. lol.

We had the wrong guy in that seat when Nike wanted to get stupid. He absolutely didn’t care and just let them do whatever they wanted. Most coaches wouldn’t have allowed some of it, but I don’t think he wanted our brand good looking anyway. I just don’t. Or he didn’t give a damn.
Louisville brings back their best logo ever, modernizes it by fixing the shoes, adding pupils, fixing the colors. UK has a logo of a cat literally clawing at your face, not used, two birds banging is used instead. I’ll never understand Nike’s negligence toward us. We only got some throwbacks 2 years ago. Duke, Kansas, UNC are decked out. Even UL. Throwbacks, new uniforms, clean classic uniforms based off older designs (UNC/Duke and now UL). Fauxback uniforms. Nike heard our complaints about the checkerboard and dropped new uniforms. Only to completely botch them by putting that goofy UH logo on one side. The permanent uniforms should be the 1992 uniforms. Which are tweaked versions of the 1978-1982 uniforms.

I don’t think Cal gave a **** either. Seems like when he was energized and playing for something (2009-2015) we had a new alternate uniform every year. Then he decided to keep us in checkerboard for 6 years. And LOL at that black uniform they had us wear in 2022. No black ever for KY. Only blue and white. Black is for Duke. Thought I do like a silver/gray uniform for UK.

Reactions: POPE41
I don’t understand why everyone thinks the Walton’s will help Kal. He’s clearly a lot closer to the Ingalls.

Reactions: BBUK
Y

I've still got a piece of the floor from 96 championship game. I like to collect certain memorabilia. In 98, on my senior trip, I got Jeff Sheppard to sign the championship Sports Illustrated with Tubby on the cover. Had to chase him down at the airport lol.

I'm not really a fan of sports logo stuff, so I haven't bought anything new in many years.

And mark me down as someone else who cringes every time I hear someone say "hubby". I've been this close to saying something to my sister in law, but common sense has prevailed each time. :)

Just bought this yesterday. I have bought a couple sweatshirts from here too. Great retro designs. Pricey, but good quality

I would stick with the UK official clothing you can find at either their book store or on their web site. It looks much better and higher quality. Some of that stuff you find at Wal Mart or Kroger just looks like it came from Wal Mart or Kroger.

I have a 96 title shirt with the big championship ring I wouldn’t mind selling if anyone is interested. Brand new with tags.

We were at Walmart. I couldn't find any "Big Blue Nation" in my size. Honestly, I don't remember ever seeing that much UK merchandise. Holy cow. Oh, and we also got an adhesive bumper decal, and a window sticker. Anyone else here getting merch?

I use duct tape to attach my bumper stickers...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT