ADVERTISEMENT

How the roster looks as of TODAY (5-1-2024)

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015
So I'm going to be assuming we get Jaxson Robinson in this post....so here's the way I see the roster as of now...and this is just me speculating....some may have Oweh in the lineup, some may have Kriisa....which could all happen...

5-Amari Williams (5th year senior)
4-Andrew Carr (5th year senior)
3-Jaxson Robinson* (5th year senior)
2-Koby Brea (5th year senior)
1-Lamont Butler (5th year senior)

Bench:
Big: Garrison(2nd year)
Perimeter: Oweh(3rd year), Kriisa (5th year), Chandler(1st year), Perry(1st year)

And honestly, that's not set in stone and some notes about this group....

1. OLDER. Will be the oldest team we've ever had and will ever have. 6 5th year seniors if Robinson comes.
2. Need another big. Probably after that you can add 2-3 more multi-year type pieces
3. Versatility. I can see where you can have multiple different lineups that work.
4. Proven. There's 8 proven Division 1 players. TO have a good team you need a good 8 man rotation and that's set it seems.
5. HIGH floor. Low ceiling. Don't see any way it could be a bad team...don't know if they're a title contender but they're good.

I mean think about it....
I mean on my bench...which is just my lineup...you have 3 guys who could easily start....Oweh could be in the place of Robinson or Brea easily. Kriisa has shown he could be a starter. Garrison in a 2nd season...maybe his ceiling is higher than Williams? So we don't have stars....but we have 8 guys who could all start. We won't lose anything with a sub. We won't be at a full loss if there's an injury. It's a quality group. You've got shooting, length, athletic ability, experience, defense, etc.

Then there's age....I mean 6 guys will be like 22-24 years old. You're not going to be worried about maturity or adapting to the college game. They won't be freshman you have to teach again. They'll all be strong and in good shape. They'll have basketball IQ. They'll be the age of NBA players. IT won't be the Cal era....these will be grown men...not as much raw talent...but guys you know can win college games.

And they're coming from good places....they've played in March...
-Butler started on a team that played in the national championship
-Brea is coming off a 15 & 14 point performance this past March...played for Anthony Grant.
-Carr started 2 years in the ACC and put up good numbers. Played in the NCAA tournament
-Kriisa played 20 minutes in the Sweet 16 and started for a Arizona squad that was a consistent top 5-10 team.
-Robinson played on the Arkansas team that made the Elite 8. Played for Pope last year, knows the system...
-Williams even has a NCAA tournament game to his name
-Oweh and Garrison both played big minutes in the Big 12

Guys that have succeeded in power leagues. Guys who have been on conference champions. Guys who have been on teams that made the dance. Guys who played for good coaches on good teams. That's culture.

So as far as culture....these are guys who have played on winning teams and played in March. They're older. They're mature. And they're all quality players. I'm not expecting a title, but I think this is a great group that we'll love to watch.

And maybe....you add a top notch PG to that mix and it starts getting to that national title conversation...because I'm just saying....that same group but with Reed Sheppard running the show? You'd be all over it....its a great group.

And Pope has done this in like 3 weeks and didn't even have a full staff most of the time or even a grasp of the NIL situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News