ADVERTISEMENT

How likely is it we stretch our all time wins lead?

I'd say KU is more likely than UNC, but that is just one man's opinions.

KU and UNC and UK should all win a bunch of games next season...so doubt anyone gains or picks up much.

Reactions: brianpoe
I can't wait to discuss how much of a cheater that Bill Self is with the beaker fans. Same with Roy Williams and UNC*** fans.

It will probably be difficult this season as both KU and UNC will be top contenders throughout the season (so long as the NCAA goes as easy on UNC basketball as I expect them to-- their football program will take the fall, along with some of their less important sports).

I expect it'll stay about what it is now, especially if all the teams perform as they have in the tournament recently. We might lose a little ground in the regular season and make up for it in the tournament, which is all that really matters to me.

You are a one-coach-wonder program and your Wonder Boy will be 69 in the coming season. Kentucky has won NCAA titles with five coaches, and will be winning championships when Duke is in the same bin with San Francisco and CCNY and LaSalle.
As much as I'd enjoy this. I just don't think its true. I'm sure they will take a step back but they've built enough of a foundation combined with it being during the TV era. I think they sign a solid coach and the "Duke name/brand" from the modern era will keep them competitive.

The thing with those listed programs is that all their success was before big networks and TV contracts so it was easy to fall off the face of the earth as a hot name. Duke will be around unless they hire a string of bad coaches and its a slow degradation out of the limelight like IU.

Really hope Im wrong though.

Kentucky made a major leap in 14-15, and in the Final Four run to end 2014. UNC is buried in the rear view mirror 38 games behind after getting as close as 4 games on the day of the December 2009 UK-UNC game. Kansas got as close as 12 in early March of 2012. Now they are 25 behind.

I suspect Kansas will lose all the games Cliff Alexander played: That'd put them and UNC in a battle for second about 35-40 back. As for next year, I can't see anybody gaining or losing more than about 5-7 games, if that. All three teams will be somewhere between 27-34 wins.

Eh, what? KU isn't going to have to give up any games that Cliff played in.

Will they take some away from KU and UNC?
I think it's a little too early to guess this. Some people think UNC will have a pretty good team. Kansas was in some trouble before they signed Diallo, but he is a difference maker. I like our team, but our roster is thin and much will ride on whether our key players can stay healthy.

I think it's a little too early to guess this. Some people think UNC will have a pretty good team. Kansas was in some trouble before they signed Diallo, but he is a difference maker. I like our team, but our roster is thin and much will ride on whether our key players can stay healthy.
I agree. UK will be top ten a long as nobody gets injured and the NCAA leaves Skal alone. I'm thinking this season will be similar to the 2010-2011 season.

As much as I'd enjoy this. I just don't think its true. I'm sure they will take a step back but they've built enough of a foundation combined with it being during the TV era. I think they sign a solid coach and the "Duke name/brand" from the modern era will keep them competitive.

The thing with those listed programs is that all their success was before big networks and TV contracts so it was easy to fall off the face of the earth as a hot name. Duke will be around unless they hire a string of bad coaches and its a slow degradation out of the limelight like IU.

Really hope Im wrong though.

You are wrong. When K retires, it won't matter who they hire, yes they will get good players, but Duke won't get all the bullshit calls they been getting for years. I think K has a video of all officials doing beastial acts with animals.

As long as you continue to play in a mid-major conference, you will continue to add to your "all time wins" total. Everyone understands that but Kentucky fans

ripiu_zpsb8705a5b.jpg

As long as you continue to play in a mid-major conference, you will continue to add to your "all time wins" total. Everyone understands that but Kentucky fans
LOL! Sure sounds like sour grapes to me. Let's see. Who leads the UK-IU all time series? UK has won 34 out of the 55 games played between the 2 teams, including 14 of the last 17. An Indiana fan's take on the SEC doesn't interest me. When you get your own house in order, come back and visit us.

They're not going to take any wins from KU. KU stopped playing Alexander when they found out about his issues. I am skeptical that they'll take any away from UNC. Some of you aren't old enough to remember that they could have vacated a couple of our seasons but all they took away was two tournament wins. They'll give UNC and Kansas the same treatment. Then again, look what they did to Syracuse so who the hell knows.

You may be right. But if Cliff was ineligible to play "after KU found out" was he still not ineligible prior, assuming the "loan" occurred before the season started?

They're not going to take any wins from KU. KU stopped playing Alexander when they found out about his issues. I am skeptical that they'll take any away from UNC. Some of you aren't old enough to remember that they could have vacated a couple of our seasons but all they took away was two tournament wins. They'll give UNC and Kansas the same treatment. Then again, look what they did to Syracuse so who the hell knows.
But, but, but Kentucky always get screwed! It's a witch hunt I tell ya! You guys sound like Iowa State and Mizzou fans, always thinking everyone is out to get you.

I think as long as coach Calipari is here we will stay ahead of most all teams but I don't see anything happening to either of the mentioned teams far as loss of games, crossing my fingers though;)

I find it amusing that this quote is from an Indiana fan (whom we own) and "liked" by a Kansas fan (whom we also own, even more so, actually).

We already have one lil brudder, guys. We don't have room in the house for you bitches, too.

Anyone know what the all time wins list looked like at the beginning of Cal's tenure?

All time wins is important but just as important is winning percentage and UK leads in this category as well: 1) UK 76.4% 2) Kansas 72.2% 3) UNC 73.6%. Plus Kansas has played 133 more games than UK and UNC has played 56 more. Given those statistics UK's reign as the king is even more amazing!

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Kansas and Indiana fans collaborating In a thread together in attempts to Deminish our wins?

Kentucky's all time combined record vs. Kansas and Indiana.

54-30.

The big12 LMAO! Most overrated conference of the last 20 years. Big ten not far behind.

[QUOTE=".S&C., post: 1733094, member: 12422 edit. I see what you're asking now. Read that's wrong

Best I can figure out here is the top 5 at the start of Cal's UK tenure:

1. UK - 1988
2. UNC - 1984
3. KU - 1970
4. Duke - 1877
5. Syracuse - 1753

Here is what is is now:
1. UK - 2178
2. KU - 2153 (UK is +7 over last 6 years)
3. UNC - 2140 (UK is +34 over last 6 years)
4. Duke - 2062 (UK is +5 over last 6 years)
5. Temple - 1849

That depends. If the NCAA dusts of the good old (only used once) Strict Liability standard then KU would have to vacate any game he played in. The theory is that he wasn't and couldn't have been eligible when he played because he violated the amateur status requirements. That's how they ruled in the Derrick Rose case.

You are probably safe though. My guess is that the NCAA would only use Strict Liability against serial offenders....... oh wait*

*Kansas probation
1956-57 - 1 yr probation
1960-62 - 2 yrs probation and postseason bans
1972-73 - 1 yr probation and postseason bans
1988-91 - 3 yrs probation and 1 yr postseason ban
2006 - 09 - 3 yrs probation

But, but, but Kentucky always get screwed! It's a witch hunt I tell ya! You guys sound like Iowa State and Mizzou fans, always thinking everyone is out to get you.
Try looking back in our history, with some things that has went on in our programs, and then compare the dooks, unc, and kansas and their programs, it would get you to thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT