ADVERTISEMENT

How does the Canada Competition compare to Bahamas?

jimmybuffet123

Freshman
Jun 22, 2011
I haven’t seen this mentioned so I was wondering if anyone had a good sense of how the competition compares?

Thanks!

I remember a couple guys on those Bahamas teams that were out of shape church league guys.

Canada had a couple guys that I watched closely that I wondered how they made that team. And they played a lot.

I’d say it’s about even. Not great competition. Kinda disappointing seeing as how Baylor had a rough time in the same tourney last year.

Still fun to watch though.

This is what I think too but I wouldn't say Germany and Canada are all that good either but better than teams in the Bahamas.
Are they middle of the pack SEC teams? I mean would Germany and Canada be about equal to a South Carolina, Vandy, Ole Miss team?

Are they middle of the pack SEC teams? I mean would Germany and Canada be about equal to a South Carolina, Vandy, Ole Miss team?
I would say lower level SEC, if even that good. I haven't been all that impressed with them so maybe leaning towards not that good. Remember, these teams haven't been together that long or practicing that long so they aren't all that great right now either.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
OP they are not the same. This is much better competition. I would compare them to mid-major or low end SEC.

I think the German team is probably 2nd best. But I guess we will see tonight.

Obviously it’s such a small sample size that you can’t take too much from it regardless.

Africa now really competing in 2nd half makes these teams much more competitive than the Bahamas, imo. They may even beat us if we don't start playing better.

I’d say these teams are comparable to a solid mid-major (that hasn’t practiced much). Definitely a step up from Bahamas but still a step below what they’ll actually see on nightly basis.

Obviously opponent matters but I don’t think the past few teams we had could’ve looked like this against cones. I’m talking the unselfishness, athleticism, shooting… I’m excited.

These Canada teams would be decent mid-majors. In Bahamas those were l in e low-majors.

This is what I think too but I wouldn't say Germany and Canada are all that good either but better than teams in the Bahamas.
Yeah, I was expecting these teams to be better but I was also expecting UK to look worse, so I was expecting at least 1 loss, to Canada. So, we've exceeded my expectations. As we learned last year in the Bahamas, it's gonna be hard to make many conclusions about how good this team can be based on these games.

But when you consider, the whole team only started practicing together 2 weeks ago and we have so many newcomers, I'm happy with what I've seen. There is no doubt, this team has the potential to be good. Whether they realize that potential remains to be seen.

I remember a couple guys on those Bahamas teams that were out of shape church league guys.

Canada had a couple guys that I watched closely that I wondered how they made that team. And they played a lot.

I’d say it’s about even. Not great competition. Kinda disappointing seeing as how Baylor had a rough time in the same tourney last year.

Still fun to watch though.
And Baylor was decent last year. I'd say that bodes well for us.

Canada is the best team by far, and have mostly Div 1 guys if I remember correctly. That alone makes it better competition.

A few folks outside of the fan base have said Canada would be a tourney team in the 7-10 range.

BAL isn't good, but they tried to give us a game for a bit. That's a good thing for us.

Reactions: Fox2monk
David Sisk didn't think much of this team.🤔
Don't sleep on Bucksnort High.

4a7f8cdb589109163541eebe1715889c-275-275.jpeg

Lol they wouldn’t compare to any SEC teams
Really? You think that African team we played today on a neutral floor wouldn’t compare to Ole Miss or South Carolina? We usually beat lower tier SEC teams by a thousand on a home or neutral floor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT