ADVERTISEMENT

How does the addition of Wimsatt affect Allen?

Good god whatever. I'm sure that was the intent of your post. šŸ¤£
You must be the most intelligent person on this board.

Only a genius could know what another person's intent was for their own post.

Or, you just like to argue.

Have a nice day.

With the addition of Wimsatt where does this put Allen? Do the coaches not trust Allen as a number 2? Wimsatt's numbers don't translate to success through the air. ???
It doesn't. He came here to graduate and become a GA next year to get into coaching. He's a walk on. He knew where he stood and he will have every opportunity to earn snaps, but he wasn't going to see the field this year unless BV got injured, because he doesn't have the skill set to thrive in BH's system. He requires a QB with wheels. I hope he sees some action because we are up big, but if he's playing out of necessity, we are effed.

Last edited:
I think it's entirely possible that neither play a down at UK. And that's not a knock against either......but more of a indication of how things have been lately. The last 3 starters, Levis/Leary/Vandagriff, have all been transfers from bigger programs.
Wimsatt will see the field as a gadget player. He can run(and throw some), so I suspect they'll have Hback/TE sets for him where his is a triple option the defenses have to account for.

I wish Stoops would give our backup Qbs snaps. Never fails our starter gets dinged and we are unprepared.
Do you think they don't feel the same way? We've had 4 Ocs in 4 years, so the starting QBs needed the reps and that was apparent when we weren't drilling the mid major teams like we would have hoped. You play the backups when you have a comfortable lead and the starters are a well oiled machine. We haven't seen that in a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: cathouse
KSR writers continue to not mention Allen saying UK only had two Quarterbacks? Is it a like of respect or like of knowledge? or is he not there?
He's a walk on and not expected to play unless BV goes down before Bolley has enough graps of the offense to not get killed or kill his confidence. That why WImsatt was brought in. Allen is a coaching understudy and emergency replacement.

Do you think they don't feel the same way? We've had 4 Ocs in 4 years, so the starting QBs needed the reps and that was apparent when we weren't drilling the mid major teams like we would have hoped. You play the backups when you have a comfortable lead and the starters are a well oiled machine. We haven't seen that in a while.
You have to find some reps.

Loved Howard Sā€™s approach to drill confidence in his qbs- and he was the best qb HC- to give the backup reps at the same time in every game no matter the circumstances.

Loved Howard Sā€™s approach to drill confidence in his qbs- and he was the best qb HC- to give the backup reps at the same time in every game no matter the circumstances.
Howard was a damn genius and we should have hired him when we had the chance. When he left other coaches used this formula too; John L. Smith, Petrino they both used two quarterbacks in this manner.

Reactions: cathouse

I agree with your aspiration, but you answered your own question. Howard was basically his own OC/QB coach( , so he had continuity and not to mention he had Kosar, Kelly, Testeverde etc. They prioritize getting the starter to a certain level of comfort and also the breadth of understanding, meaning do they know 25% of the playbook vs 85%, and we haven't had that since Gran left. I suspect you will see that now with Bush, but it won't likely be much this year, especially early, though I do suspect you will see some dual QB packages with Wimsatt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT