ADVERTISEMENT

How about something positive for a change

Cal needs to stick with the lineup that scores!!!

He did the last 5 minutes except for Reeves. But that is the beauty of this team, we have GREAT Guards, just need the right combo at the 4 and 5 depending on the opponent.

Big win and the Freshmen were AWESOME!!!

He did the last 5 minutes except for Reeves. But that is the beauty of this team, we have GREAT Guards, just need the right combo at the 4 and 5 depending on the opponent.

He needs to stick with whatever 5 each game that are at least playing some defense. That late run was spurted on by some defense. Caused turnovers by Arky.

Reactions: Fox2monk and catben
I'm positive about the win. This is two games in a row Kentucky won in a comeback down the stretch after falling. Would like to stay ahead but also encouraged by the fight that this team is showing recently that they will comeback after trailing. Something they far too often had not been doing in recent years in close games.

Reactions: Fox2monk
We won after leading most of the game. Then got down by 10 or so with over 9 minutes remains and come back, that’s good, but we can’t keep letting teams score that many points on us.
U couldn’t do it, could you, katwest? 😉

81 points from freshman. BigaZ one rebound away from a double-double.
game on the line Dilly does this thing.
Wagner maybe coming out of a slump
And oh we won
I saw a multitude of things to be happy about. Mitchell back, Z was a machine, the Cats turned on the defense and offense when it mattered, played like a dominant veteran team that last 10 minutes of the game. Hats off to Arkansas, thought they played really well for about 80% of the game.

I see only positives from this game. Z looked as good as he has all year. I like Bradshaw's offensive game but he gets pushed around too much on defense.

The biggest positive, with game on the line the Cats defense suffocated Arkansas causing multiple turnovers and easy fast breaks. Defense is night and day from 3 weeks ago. The old defense loses this game most likely.

These final 2 games could really change the course of our postseason. Think we run the table.

And oh we won
Agreed Dave. We found a way to win, that's what matters.

For all those lamenting about the defense, you just have to accept it. It is what it is and isn't changing at this point. Luckily our offense is electric so we will always have a punchers chance.

Never seen a team lose more dd leads. Up 10 to down 9, which is so typical for this team. But seems they perform better with their back against the wall lately. That's a positive going into the tourney.

And oh we won
Yep, and Bradshaw had a good game, too. Edwards came through big time late in the game with points and steals. Great game for the freshmen class. They're all playing pretty well, getting better and better as we move forward.

Reactions: ORCAT
The more Z plays the less he looks lost out there. He seems to play with more and more purpose.
If he does happen to come back next year he will be poison to the opponent.

Afraid you might be right this late in the season. If the defense was going to get markedly better we should have seen that happen by now.
Yeah, I was irritated with giving up 102. But man, Arkansas was making shots. Yes, sometimes that was because of poor defense, but many times they just made tough shots. They couldn't miss. Against Vandy, they were terrible, couldn't make anything. Missed open shots left and right. I watched that game. They were pathetic! Vandy played pretty well but Arkansas just couldn't buy a bucket. That game had multiple stretches where no points were being scored on either end. Now, this game, they shoot like an NBA team. It also didn't help that the officials decided to call a foul every time Arkansas came down the floor in the 2nd half.

Cal knows what he's got with this team.

He's just f-ing with the fans now.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
Yep, and Bradshaw had a good game, too. Edwards came through big time late in the game with points and steals. Great game for the freshmen class. They're all playing pretty well, getting better and better as we move forward.
Plenty to like today but some to dislike .the W trumps all, W's are like gold this time of year

Reactions: IL Wildcat
He’s gonna be rusty but we need to go with the lineups that have worked until he’s ready.
I’d give him like two 2-3 minute stretches in the first half to show something, and if he’s batting 0.000 then he sits the rest of the game. It took DJ weeks to round into a semblance of his former self after the ankle injury, we can’t risk trying to force him in when we’ve been playing so well without him.

He deserves a chance to work back into the rotation but unless he shows some life early he needs to sit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT