ADVERTISEMENT

Highlights: Tai Wynyard NEW!

Hard to really tell much from that video...

Playing 3 on 3 against smaller players.

I do think that he's gonna be a good player for us in a few years though.

Best thing i got from that is he's in much better shape. He bulked up a little much and gained some bad weight by the hoop summit but he now looks like he's a good 10 or 15 pounds lighter

6'9" used to be a center's size. (Hey to Wes Unseld and Dave Cowens.) 250 lbs used to be a bulky center's weight. We're playing basketball. Not setting up to besiege a Medieval castle.

Wynyard's listed as a PF. Why?

Reactions: Jazzycat
Well, if that is the 3 on 3 typical offense, then there is absolutely no transferable interpretation to a real game against a real team with defense. You can't just stand there 2 feet from the basket, get an entry pass with no challenge and turn around and dunk the ball or have an uncontested lay-up. So, I don't see how anyone can find anything meaningfully revealing from this video.

No one wants to be listed as a C any more because it implies you have a very low skill level. Kinda stupid but it is what it is. Anyone who wants to develop any sort of face up game calls themselves a PF to avoid getting lumped in with the Dakaris of the world. No offense to DJ, but he was definitely and old school C with no face up.

Seems to have good hands and footwork. Gets his shot off relatively quick.

One point of criticism is that he always finishes with his right hand even on the opposite side of the basket. Leaving him prone to getting his shot swatted.

Reactions: BlueSince92
That video looks like he's playing pickup at the JC, so hard to get anything from it.

He's tall and we could use another big body to guard our bigs in practice at least, so I'll welcome him in December.

ADVERTISEMENT