ADVERTISEMENT

He just play Reed for 1 minute?

Reed didn't clap hard enough during a couple plays on the bench.

Kids got to sit for that. It builds character...🙄

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
You guys are right, we sure played better with Reed on the bench. And with no track record of success when he’s on the floor, I guess keeping him glued to his chair all night made sense. Enjoy the big win.

For all of you geniuses, and you know who you are, what happened tonight at Arkansas was what should have happened at South Carolina.

Cal should have trusted the guy who has delivered for him all year.

Not that I expect any of you to recant or change your minds. Because truthfully, those of you complaining do not understand the game. You just don’t.

Go Cats.

For all of you geniuses, and you know who you are, what happened tonight at Arkansas was what should have happened at South Carolina.

Not that I expect any of you to recant or change your minds. Because truthfully, those of you complaining do not understand the game. You just don’t.

Go Cats.
Completely different player tonight from USC. Doesn’t fit your agenda so you won’t admit it though.

Completely different player tonight from USC. Doesn’t fit your agenda so you won’t admit it though.
What’s that saying about throw a rock and see which dog barks?

Edit: I got to get into this. You are among the prime examples on this board of someone who doesn’t get it.

Reed played like garbage early today but he turned it around because he was given a chance.

He was a different player tonight BECAUSE HE WAS ALLOWED TO PLAY THROUGH HIS MISTAKES.

I know I’m wasting my breath. 😂

You play your best players, even if they make some bad plays. That stuff evens out in the long run.

Reactions: Aike
What in the world?
Reed has no one but himself to blame for his lack of playing time. He played 3 quarters of today's game like the object of the game was to not take any open jump shots. It is sickening watching someone with his scoring talent stand around passing up good looks.

Man, really thought you guys would want to talk about this. Hmmm.
Reed delivered tonight in the 2nd half. We don’t even sniff a win without him leading the comeback tonight. Reeves was our high scorer, but without Sheppard’s leadership we lose at Arkansas. To be fair, SC’s defense was far superior to Ark’s. Reed maybe had a bad game at SC, but whole team did.

What agenda does Aike have ? Can you really argue that Edwards should be on the court more than Reed ? That’s the issue with the people arguing for Reed to get more minutes . Even if you Reed struggled the last few games you still had a guy who struggled all season playing more than him against USC.

And it’s obvious to see the offense is better when Reed or Rob is running the show over DJ.

Go Cats.

He played horrible against USCjr and you seem to really think highly of yourself.

Reactions: JFCats22
What agenda does Aike have ? Can you really argue that Edwards should be on the court more than Reed ? That’s the issue with the people arguing for Reed to get more minutes . Even if you Reed struggled the last few games you still had a guy who struggled all season playing more than him against USC.

And it’s obvious to see the offense is better when Reed or Rob is running the show over DJ.
I’m just having a little fun. Trolls never like it when you come back on them.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Reed has no one but himself to blame for his lack of playing time. He played 3 quarters of today's game like the object of the game was to not take any open jump shots. It is sickening watching someone with his scoring talent stand around passing up good looks.
Man. Incredible take.

Reactions: UKortho
Man. Incredible take.
Sometimes the truth hurts. I started the season as one of Reed's biggest fans. I still am, but if he isn't going to give the team what is needed when he is on the floor, he should be on the bench.

Sometimes the truth hurts. I started the season as one of Reed's biggest fans. I still am, but if he isn't going to give the team what is needed when he is on the floor, he should be on the bench.
Did you not actually watch tonight? Or need glasses? Seriously.

14 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals. A block. Ran point as we passed Arkansas and pulled away.

Yeah I guess he should have stayed on the bench. You guys got me again. Uncle.

Yes, I watched the game, but I wasn't wearing my Reed Sheppard can-do-no-wrong glasses.
I already gave up! You guys win! Another tough loss tonight, I’m just struggling to deal with it.

I agree Reed should have played more against USC but guys… we weren’t winning that game regardless. Our whole team didn’t have it that night and even tonight when we weren’t hitting shots, the intensity was still there especially on the defensive end.

I agree Reed should have played more against USC but guys… we weren’t winning that game regardless. Our whole team didn’t have it that night and even tonight when we weren’t hitting shots, the intensity was still there especially on the defensive end.
If Reed played as few minutes in the 2nd half tonight as he did against South Carolina, the result may have been the same tonight. He kind of carried us in the 2nd half, even though he had a bad first half...

Did you not actually watch tonight? Or need glasses? Seriously.
Yes, I watched the game, but I wasn't wearing my Reed Sheppard can-do-no-wrong glasses.
We weren't hitting shots because we often passed up easy shot for harder shots. As an example, Mitchell hits an open 3. Reed gives him another open 3 look and Mitchell passes it up and attempts the back his man below the basket for any easy block. We should have been taking the open looks because we are not a low post team.

If Reed played as few minutes in the 2nd half tonight as he did against South Carolina, the result may have been the same tonight. He kind of carried us in the 2nd half, even though he had a bad first half...
We didn't win just because he was on the court; we won because Reed started taking and making his open 3s. Any player afraid to shoot should be on the bench.

We weren't hitting shots because we often passed up easy shot for harder shots. As an example, Mitchell hits an open 3. Reed gives him another open 3 look and Mitchell passes it up and attempts the back his man below the basket for any easy block. We should have been taking the open looks because we are not a low post team.
We also blew a ton of layups/dunks at the basket. Some of them were contested but many were just blown

Reactions: Aike and LmdCat
100%. There was no doubt he wasn’t gonna close tonight especially with Dillingham out. Him and Reeves won the game for us in the second half (shoutout to Ugo as well)

Reactions: fatguy87 and Aike
We also blew a ton of layups/dunks at the basket. Some of them were contested but many were just blown
DJ was the only one who I saw missing uncontested layups. The others were challenged and were probably fouls. However, USC revealed the fact that we don't like a lot of contact and that is what we will be seeing for the rest of the season. I have no idea why he avoids right-handed layups like I avoid people with COVID.

Reactions: GoBIG BLUE
If you want to play, act like you want to play when you are on the court. Don't pass the ball to Ugo who was standing behind the 3 mark with 2 seconds on the shot clock.

He gave the Cats a W tonight.
This is why he has become so frustrating for me to watch. The kid has madd skills, but if you are not using them when you are on the court and the team needs you to, it doesn't really matter. Without his shooting to assist Reeves, we probably lose. However, he should start games the way he ended the game tonight. He is more than capable of doing it.

Reactions: UKortho
If you want to play, act like you want to play when you are on the court. Don't pass the ball to Ugo who was standing behind the 3 mark with 2 seconds on the shot clock.
That surprised me as well.

Reactions: LmdCat
Are people on this board simply insane? Sheppard played 35 minutes. He played more than
Tre Mitchell.

If I were one of your loved ones I would worry about your mental health. This is not a joke.

Are people on this board simply insane? Sheppard played 35 minutes. He played more than
Tre Mitchell.

If I were one of your loved ones I would worry about your mental health. This is not a joke.
Maybe some people struggle with reading comprehension.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT