ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to see this end, don't you?

davekersey

Junior
Oct 10, 2007
Naples, Florida
This is the most fun I've had in a long time watching UK play not only because of the excellent play but because for Pete's sakes it is July. Coach at one point was an advocate for summer basketball that has reversed course stating there's too much going on with transfers and nil to add another distraction. I think this team is going places it will be interesting to see when all the players are available and I think we'll be better simply because of rebounding and defense. And should shep be our starting point guard?

Hate to see it end too. Loving bring able to watch UK basketball in July and this team is fun to watch right now. I'm holding back a little more than you, Dave, on getting too excited yet for this year. I think we could be very good but I felt that way the past couple of years only to be disappointed. Just hope Cal doesn't decide to slow these guys down too much when the season starts of I feel they will falter.

I haven't been this excited since the hogs ate my little brother.

BQLgnW2.gif

After the past few years this has been a joy to watch. So was the Bahama's last year. We will know what we have quickly with our schedule this fall. Hope this continues through the 24 NCAA tourney for UK. Love the play of Shep / Thiero / Mitchell / DJ / Edwards and on with the rest of the guys.

This is the most fun I've had in a long time watching UK play not only because of the excellent play but because for Pete's sakes it is July. Coach at one point was an advocate for summer basketball that has reversed course stating there's too much going on with transfers and nil to add another distraction. I think this team is going places it will be interesting to see when all the players are available and I think we'll be better simply because of rebounding and defense. And should shep be our starting point guard?
I don’t mind Shep coming off the bench. As long as he’s playing 25 minutes a game. If that means Dillingham only plays 15-20 minutes and gets his feelings hurt…so be it.

Calipari was pushing for summer basketball for men and women. I like the idea. NCAA is studying it.

Details of the initial draft concepts included:

• Participation against a Division I opponent in up to two exhibition contests, two scrimmages or one tournament-style event (not to exceed two contests in length) during a summer in which a basketball team is not engaged in a foreign tour.
  • The exhibitions/scrimmages could be open to the public.
  • Contests could be played only in the second half (weeks five through eight) of a school's permissible eight weeks of required summer athletic activities.
  • Student-athletes could not miss class to participate in Basketball Summer Initiative contests, including associated activities such as travel, pregame shoot-arounds, etc.
  • Teams could participate in contests within the U.S., a U.S. commonwealth or a U.S. territory.
Feedback from the survey, which went to all 32 Division I conferences, showed 69% of men's basketball student-athletes who participated strongly or somewhat supported summer competition. Sixty-three percent of the women's basketball student-athletes answering the survey strongly or somewhat supported the concept as well.

Yea we are not used to winning anything anymore.

I don’t mind Shep coming off the bench. As long as he’s playing 25 minutes a game. If that means Dillingham only plays 15-20 minutes and gets his feelings hurt…so be it.
Don’t project what your feelings would be on Rob.

He’s doing fine. His day is coming. Likes being part of UK bball and understands it’s not all about him. His attitude is terrific.

Don’t project what your feelings would be on Rob.

He’s doing fine. His day is coming. Likes being part of UK bball and understands it’s not all about him. His attitude is terrific.
Not really projecting, we obviously have a minor glut of perimeter guys. I hope what you say is true about Rob and have no evidence to believe anything else. Where I’m coming from — I hope Cal doesn’t cater to the guy who maybe isn’t ready/not producing but was projected to have a bigger role before the season. He has a recent track record of this. Whitney, Boston, Wheeler are the three that stick out.

Not really projecting, we obviously have a minor glut of perimeter guys. I hope what you say is true about Rob and have no evidence to believe anything else. Where I’m coming from — I hope Cal doesn’t cater to the guy who maybe isn’t ready/not producing but was projected to have a bigger role before the season. He has a recent track record of this. Whitney, Boston, Wheeler are the three that stick out.
They will both play a lot. Sheppard will find his minutes. After his play here how could he not? I see him playing as much as Herro did. Rob will develop and have his time as well.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
This is great and could be a real win for UK. We should be set up well to get good TV coverage which should help with NIL opportunities.
Everytime there's a new opportunity, this is the default response by some UK fans. What people forget is that if Cal is involved there will be lost opportunities. Witness this spring/summer transfer portal, practically an 0-fer. Before that everyoen was saying the portal would be a "real win for UK", "it will help with NIL". One-and-done, same deal. Most under-achieving coach in the history of the sport considering the amount of talent he had come through, but all people talked about beforehand was how UK was going to win this and that. We've got to get Cal OUT if we are to really benefit from any of those opportunities.

Everytime there's a new opportunity, this is the default response by some UK fans. What people forget is that if Cal is involved there will be lost opportunities. Witness this spring/summer transfer portal, practically an 0-fer. Before that everyoen was saying the portal would be a "real win for UK", "it will help with NIL". One-and-done, same deal. Most under-achieving coach in the history of the sport considering the amount of talent he had come through, but all people talked about beforehand was how UK was going to win this and that. We've got to get Cal OUT if we are to really benefit from any of those opportunities.

Cal has his flaws for sure but I don’t know if I buy what you’re selling entirely. Who wants to transfer in to sit behind Wagner? Probably nobody that the fans would be very happy to get.

Who wants to come and be a practice player? Again nobody cares or they get mad.

Most under achieving? He’s got a ton of FFs and a natty so probably not too hard to find someone who has not achieved that.

In the end I think it’s probably a lot more about Barney messing things up than Cal but who knows.

I do and I don't. This will be just the right amount of basketball for the guys to get a feel for one another against competition, but there is no need to take unnecessary risks for injury beyond these 4 games. Yes, we are already dealing with them, but we don't need any more.

It's been fun but ready for football season overall, pro and college.

November will be here before we all know it.

I never thought the day would come where I am just as excited for Football as I am basketball and it has nothing to do with basketball becoming less in my eyes. Football has just elevated itself so much for me.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
🤙🏻👍🏻🤙🏻

AlohaCat

I never thought the day would come where I am just as excited for Football as I am basketball and it has nothing to do with basketball becoming less in my eyes. Football has just elevated itself so much for me.

For me it's the NFL and college football as a whole and definitely not just UK football. I just love the sport.

It is nice to see UK with a winning season each year though consistent.

I don't think Cal has the luxury to do that this year If Cal and the guys put winning first we have something.

Everytime there is a positive response, this is the default negativity from you.

Love the potential of this team but, playing against veteran Division 1 college teams will present a bigger challenge, imo. Also, hoping they can get Ugonna and Bradshaw back before the start of the season and avoid the injury bug that has plagued past UK teams…GBB!

Calipari was pushing for summer basketball for men and women. I like the idea. NCAA is studying it.

Details of the initial draft concepts included:

• Participation against a Division I opponent in up to two exhibition contests, two scrimmages or one tournament-style event (not to exceed two contests in length) during a summer in which a basketball team is not engaged in a foreign tour.
  • The exhibitions/scrimmages could be open to the public.
  • Contests could be played only in the second half (weeks five through eight) of a school's permissible eight weeks of required summer athletic activities.
  • Student-athletes could not miss class to participate in Basketball Summer Initiative contests, including associated activities such as travel, pregame shoot-arounds, etc.
  • Teams could participate in contests within the U.S., a U.S. commonwealth or a U.S. territory.
Feedback from the survey, which went to all 32 Division I conferences, showed 69% of men's basketball student-athletes who participated strongly or somewhat supported summer competition. Sixty-three percent of the women's basketball student-athletes answering the survey strongly or somewhat supported the concept as well.
Like Summer League High School Basketball. Rupp could host a summer league every year.

This team has a winning mentality. Love seeing Rob clearly be willing to pass first when needed. It seems like every guy has a first to the floor mentality with loose balls. Hope Bradshaw wants to be a part of this, because it has the chance to be special. Whole bunch of dogs.

Absolutely agree

I genuinely love both programs equally and always have. But now it’s so much more fun to love Uk football than it used to be lol. Basketball has struggled but it will be back, it always is. Hopefully this year, we have the pieces for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT