ADVERTISEMENT

Has Coach Pope spoken with Trent Noah ?

Ripcord65

Senior
Apr 29, 2009
Just curious about whether Coach Pope has spoken with Trent Noah. Figured some of y'all are plugged in to some info about this subject.

Best to all. Go 'Cats ! ! !

Reactions: chevyman 50
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Mmnnhh???

Some people here may try to tell you he can’t now because it’s a dead period, and I can at least tell you that’s not true. Last dead period ended April 11 and there’s not another one until May 16.

There's no doubt they will speak soon, and Noah will become our 10th player.

Then you add Lanier and a stretch 4 to get to 12 scholarships.

I do think it's either Lanier or Robinson. I don't think there's enough room for both without scaring away Brea or Oweh.

I hope not, he was only officially released from his LOI by USC today according to an article I read. For Pope to have spoken to him before that would be a significant NCAA violation.
Only if Noah or his family contacted Pope first. Pope can't initiate the contact. Well, he can now, or at least when the dead period is over. And I think Recruits can initiate contact in the dead period too, if I'm not mistaken.

Noah and Lanier will be cats. That will be the end of the roster. No other rotation player will be added. Impressed by the roster Pope was able to land, people have to realize he didn’t have much to work with and even less time.
He did a better job than Louisville's new coach is doing and Kelsey had a couple of weeks head start.

Reactions: chroix
Noah and Lanier will be cats. That will be the end of the roster. No other rotation player will be added. Impressed by the roster Pope was able to land, people have to realize he didn’t have much to work with and even less time.
Ahh idk about that. I’d bet we add another body at the 4 or 5 spot as well.

I also believe it is Lanier or Robinson. Robinson might be leaning toward staying in the draft with the increasing recruiting of Lanier, or it could just be first to commit gets the spot.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
Pope said a week or so again. that they had a board with 30 names on it that they were tracking. Noah is probably one of them.

I have no idea where this kid will end up. But I am willing to bet the player and/or his family have initiated their own discussion with at least one other destination before he bothered to seek a release from his LOI. Hard to imagine he just blindly sought his release with no possible plan in mind.

His plan is like ever kid from Eastern Kentucky now that Cal is gone. They have the chance to live their dream. Just a chance. Noah signed with a D1 school in the SEC. Im sure South Carolina does not give free rides to kids from Kentucky who they think cant play D1 ball. But he never had a chance at UK but now he does.

I do think it's either Lanier or Robinson. I don't think there's enough room for both without scaring away Brea or Oweh.
I agree with all of this. Except would add "or mystery SG/SF wing" to the Lanier or Robinson part.

How formidable a class would that be?

Pope doesn’t have to talk to him directly. So many workarounds for something like that in this day and age. I’m sure someone got word to him or his family that UK had a spot for him if he wanted it.

Reactions: Rockford
I bet Trent and his family are making plans to visit asap. He deserves that respect. Show him around and how he fits in.
Hoping he gives UK a try. We like those tough Mt kids. Had some great ones. Get back to it Mark!

I would bet a rep for Trent Noah reached out to CMP to ask if he would be interested in Trent. (which is not a violation) and put the feeler out before asking out of his NLI. I would assume that rep probably called, UK, UofL, Cincy, Tennessee before telling Trent he can request out of his NLI.

A coach cannot tamper with a student athlete and say "Trent, I really want you on my team" request out. It has to all come from the athlete side.

I admit, I don’t have a clue. But how good is Noah? Is he better than Joey Hart?? Just trying to get an idea what kind of player we’d be getting?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT