ADVERTISEMENT

Hart Visiting Tomorrow

Nothing either way, just that he's on the Illinois State student roster. Means basically nothing right now, because we already knew he was thinking about transferring. In order for the kid to transfer, he'd have to be a grad transfer, so why would he try to finish up at Kentucky when all of his credits have been at Illinois State? Maybe he signed up weeks ago. Everything we've been told by local media is that we should be able to get Reeves back. I think an NIL promise has to be made in order to do so.

I would agree.

He would have had to enroll in classes weeks ago.

Don't think he had that meeting with Cal on Monday and then enrolled on Tuesday.

He has probably been enrolled for weeks now, to keep the option open, but doesn't mean he's definitely taking that option.

Edit: Is there something that I said that you disagree with, @bookerfan66? A quick google search said that summer class registration at Illinois State ended on May 22nd. So what do you disagree with that I said given the limited information that you and I have?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bookerfan66
I would agree.

He would have had to enroll in classes weeks ago.

Don't think he had that meeting with Cal on Monday and then enrolled on Tuesday.

He has probably been enrolled for weeks now, to keep the option open, but doesn't mean he's definitely taking that option.

Edit: Is there something that I said that you disagree with, @bookerfan66? A quick google search said that summer class registration at Illinois State ended on May 22nd. So what do you disagree with that I said given the limited information that you and I have?

No. People are just mad, and laughing at random shit. No use in having a rational conversation.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
Nothing either way, just that he's on the Illinois State student roster. Means basically nothing right now, because we already knew he was thinking about transferring. In order for the kid to transfer, he'd have to be a grad transfer, so why would he try to finish up at Kentucky when all of his credits have been at Illinois State? Maybe he signed up weeks ago. Everything we've been told by local media is that we should be able to get Reeves back. I think an NIL promise has to be made in order to do so.
Nothing with Reeves suggests he ever had any intentions of returning to UK.
He should be team captain and taking a leadership role the minute the freshmen arrived.
If he did return it would be for selfish reasons like the money was too much to turn down.
It's apparent that he has no interest in being on next year's team much less actually wanting to accomplish something.

I've heard the "we never offered him" excuse plenty of times before. Almost never have believed it.

OK. Feel free to believe whatever you want but this is what people that would actually know have said. I've seen nothing to contradict it but I'm not an IU insider or even a fan, so take it FWIW.

Nothing with Reeves suggests he ever had any intentions of returning to UK.
He should be team captain and taking a leadership role the minute the freshmen arrived.
If he did return it would be for selfish reasons like the money was too much to turn down.
It's apparent that he has no interest in being on next year's team much less actually wanting to accomplish something.

He has an interest in NIL. Are we playing ball, or not? It's simple.

It wouldn't be a shock if they didn't offer.His list of schools that did offer is very weak.

I mean Kentucky, IU, Texas, Notre Dame, and UNC are all rumored to be involved in some way with the kid right now, plus others.

So idk, not trying to argue. Some people are always going to be negative. Some people are always going to be positive. I just always try to be realistic. The kid clearly decommitted because a bunch of high majors talked him into it, there is clearly interest. Worst case, he's a solid practice kid, can play in a pinch, and would hopefully be willing to stay a few years and have a larger role later on.

He has an interest in NIL. Are we playing ball, or not? It's simple.
If we do play ball, what are we getting for our money?
An aloof player who just wants to jack up shots and get his money.
To me the ship has already sailed on Reeves taking a leadership role on next year's team.
It crystal clear his heart is not in it.

Reactions: Sparkaces1
Reeves knows that the freshman will get most of the minutes, the team will suck, and the pressure will be all on him when he does play to bury 3’s. Then he gets the blame if he shoots poorly and they lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT