ADVERTISEMENT

Hardly a Mention of Hardly Gilmore

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
Looking back over all posts since Spring Practice started, there were no threads with Gilmore in the title.

I heard a Coach or two mention H. Gilmore was the most talented 17 year old they had ever seen.

Given our depth of talent, we might have another Randall Cobb or LBJ on our hands that made it through his first Spring under the radar.

I think he probably out shined Cottrell...and pushed him out the door.

It is clear Brown and Key (probably Maclin in the slot)...and Gilmore is the apparent next guy behind those guys.
It really does seem to say something that Cottrell felt he may be pushed down the pecking order and had to leave. Think Dane and Brown are making strides with a couple of younger ones right there with them so look for much better production for the WR room.

I can Hardley believe that look of determination doesn’t come from being undervalued in the preseason, and he’s got a giant chip on his shoulder to prove something this fall.

He dropped a great throw sure TD pass from Allen in the spring game. Looks like he’s adjusting to Kentuckys WR room fine. Lol

I saw him twice last year. A little on the thin side, but nothing that a couple of years in our S&C can't fix. Good athlete, good hands physically tough and very competitive too. I didn't get to see much from him in a vertical passing game because Pahokee lost their starting QB to a knee injury on their first drive of the game at Delray Beach Atlantic and the sophomore backup was regulated to mostly throwing hitch passes, tunnel screens and quick slants. Still Gilmour/Gilmore had over 100 yards on the night and 2 TD. He also had a diving 20 yard catch on a 4th and 18 that gave them a 1st and goal inside the 5. On that play he got a nasty looking cut on his lower leg from the cleats of the safety. He had to come out and get bandaged up but was back in on the next series. In the other game against THE Benjamin School in West Palm, he didn't have much in the way of production, but that was due to THE Benjamin School having Pahokee badly outmanned in terms of talent up front, and the young Pahokee QB spent most of the evening on his back.

In summary, I believe he'll be a really nice player for us in time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT