ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I typically hate the stupid shit fans scream after a pro makes contact, but Saturday, someone yelled GET INSIDE ME, and it was very clear on the broadcast. 🤣 That one got me.

That one and GIVE ME BACK MY SON are probably the only two I've ever enjoyed.

-Coming in from Lex on a very limited time frame. Jumped off at Simpsonville, up 60, parked literally across the street from the entrance, walked about 50 yards to the gate and was on property in about 4 minutes after parking. Just as I've done every time since that first bus ride. F%ck that nonsense. For lex folks it's an extra 2 hours minimum to ride the bus. Unless you're really tight, or unbelievably patient, I can't imagine not ponying up $30-80 to park within a 10 minute walk much less directly across the street.

-Heard from everyone that tried the rideshare route that it was basically Lord of Flies. Except Richie, who thinks the entire transportation setup was a major succes, including 1 death, and the #1 golfer in the world arrested for traffic violations waiting in multiple hour lines.

-Inside the course was awesome. That place was built to watch golf. Wodie and I did up l our typical, walk and see a bunch of golf, hit the suit to chill for a bit, walk and see a bunch of golf. Early Friday we had several holes with walk up green side access.

-the golf was entertaining. Eff off over the score. Wet course, no wind at all. Place was immaculate.

-I just don't read/interact with posters that clog up gyero or are trolls. Ignore or skim over people I don't recognize.

-rogue is fine, just needs to post way less.

-major little league majors is about done for the year. Both a little sad and very excited.

-SAE is the easy call for on air. The rest of talk or mutter in half sentences and constantly talk over each other.

-most frustrating part about raising kids is realizing they got their frustrating qualities from you. Vicious cycle.

-seafood boil first run was a big success. I've always been kinda meh on them but the recipe I used was dope af.

Last edited:
Friday's KSR Pre Show and actual show was full of misinformation about the accident at Valhalla and the arrest of Scheffler. They were making incorrect statements about stuff that even at the time had been proven to be wrong such as Matt saying that the Darlington guy came up after the incident happened when he was in the vehicle behind Scottie and watched it all go down. Then today they started the show with Ryan Lemond talking about what a great job they all done in reporting the situation. Maybe they should just stick to food brackets as facts and truths just doesn't seem to be something they are interested in. 🤣
Facts are Opshunal, LOLOL!

• Haha
Reactions: Creed Bratton
I typically hate the stupid shit fans scream after a pro makes contact, but Saturday, someone yelled GET INSIDE ME, and it was very clear on the broadcast. 🤣 That one got me.

That one and GIVE ME BACK MY SON are probably the only two I've ever enjoyed.
I just want to make it clear I was NOT the one yelling “WHO DEY” on the course.

I was doing that alone in my backyard like a gentleman.

P
-Heard from everyone that tried the rideshare route that it was basically Lord of Flies. Except Richie, who thinks the entire transportation setup was a major succes, including 1 death, and the #1 golfer in the world arrested for traffic violations waiting in multiple hour lines.

I said personally I had no issues with my ride share experience on Thursday. The Uber driver pulled me into the ride share lot in The Parklands right across the street from entrance, I followed the signs on a walking path, crossed US60 and I was there. Ten minutes from getting out of the Uber I was posted up overlooking 17 fairway.

Have you ever used Uber/Lyft to a major sporting event? There’s going to be some traffic. You probably don’t see the shit show on Nicholasville Rd for game days at Commonwealth bc you don’t have to. You also probably have one of those K Fund parking passes behind Rupp.

There were 200,000 spectators that attended the event not to mention thousands of volunteers,vendors and or media.

What happened on Friday was awful on many levels. Mainly with the death of the volunteer. And the dipshit Detective Gillis should’ve recognized and or asked about Scheffler’s marked car. It’s all unfortunate.

Valhalla was as plush as any course in the country not named Augusta National, an overall attendance record for the PGA Championship was broken along with a record number of suites/premium tents being sold and once again The V delivered on Sunday for a 4th time in 4 tries.

No issues with the shuttle bus system on Tuesday or Sunday. Certainly didn't mind the 20 minutes in the A/C on the ride back to the fairgrounds before walking back to the car. Sounds like everybody got what they wanted in terms of getting to the course.

As an aside, I got out of the bus, looked up, and saw the sign Broadbent Arena and immediately decided that the Yum Center would now be called Get Bent Arena forever after.

Reactions: NW50
One thing that was not mentioned: I don’t know what the soldiers in WWI went through in terms of the mud in the trenches, but the mud on that trail from the Uber lot to US-60 had to be every bit as treacherous. Spectators were going down left and right!

Do yourself a favor and watch some WNBA action with a 13-year-old boy. Some select quotes from my son as we watched the 4th quarter of tonight’s Indiana Fever game:

- “This is absolute trash.”
- “How many are you scoring in this one, dad? Because if you took the floor, you’re scoring something.”
- “She has to wear a wire so her wig doesn’t fall off.” (???)
- “Oh, no …” (after a jumper shatters the backboard)
- “Caitlin Clark isn’t afraid to show some forehead.”
- “I should be a commentator for this league.”

WE GOT NEXT?

Do yourself a favor and watch some WNBA action with a 13-year-old boy. Some select quotes from my son as we watched the 4th quarter of tonight’s Indiana Fever game:

- “How many are you scoring in this one, dad? Because if you took the floor, you’re scoring something.”

WE GOT NEXT?
He'll fit in here nicely if so inclined.

Chet Hanks, as far as I know, invented White Boy Summer. He's an all-timer for me.

Re: UCL's son... I made the mistake of making fun of women's sports when I was a kid. Bad move. If I had it all over again 17-year old WD would have been a fixture at each of the girl's tennis, field hockey and volleyball games just lending my support. There is no upside giving women crap about not being a good product to watch.

Reactions: wcc31 and jayroon
Teenage boys are the absolute most toxic group for women’s sports. I mean, they can’t stand women playing basketball. It’s like it really really bothers them.

The ironic thing is, both of my boys have girlfriends who are fantastic athletes. idk what to make of this situation, other than I am probably just doing a bad job being a dad. Chalk it up as another L for ol’ B Rax, king of the L.

I have never been more tired of a sports story than I am about Scotty scheffler and his legal mishap. I honestly dk how anyone can possibly give a shit. Btw, I thought it was Scotty schebbler? Who is that? Someone different? Or just another L for me?

When I get on Twitter it feels like the entire country is really invested in the nba playoffs. But in real life? Idk a single person who has watched a second. Nobody has ever asked me if I saw the nba playoff game last night. I personally haven’t seen a second. Idk how many teams are left or who they are. It feels like maybe the timber wolves and Celtics are still around?

Patiently waiting for llamas podcast to drop. Mags taking 2 months off is nuts. I remember Jim Rome would always say “why do I take so much vacation? Because I HAVE so much vacation”. Which is nice I guess. But still feels kinda strange. Going to need to fill the void while I’m out driving 30 hours a week.

A strange summer of travel baseball is on the horizon for me. My 14yo starts his season in 2 weeks. My 12yo is really just “picking up” this summer, but he broke his stupid toe last week, so not sure how much he’s going to play. Possibly my slowest baseball summer in 8 years on deck. Kinda looking forward to it?

Highly suggest Mostly Sports with Titus and Brandon Walker. Live on Youtube at 10 each morning but podcast is out shortly after. It feels like KSR would be if there was no FCC and Drew was in charge.

Reactions: jayroon

WE GOT NEXT?
"Been losing for 20 years. Gawd daym!"

-KAT

I thought @Wodie Sloot ran him off already

mic-drop.gif

It was a reference to the Singapore flight posted by PTI. He jokingly asked if it was a spirit flight. I posted the seafood Spirit story and said the Singapore flight could not be Spirit because there weren’t crab legs flying everywhere.

Gotcha. I didn't know because PTI's link isn't available anymore. I thought you were reposting for him.

Reactions: AIChatGPT
I thought that I had announced this already. I've decided to drop out of law school for family reasons. Please respect my decision.

Max - I'm sure that it is.

With some of the abject crap out there that is monetized, you all could probably see some return.

clown. i host show with pti. big rattings.

I don’t even know what the joke attempt was, but if you’re flying Spirit there’s a great chance some Type 2 diabetic is next to you on the flight eating Wendy’s and stinking up your whole row.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
I don’t even know what the joke attempt was, but if you’re flying Spirit there’s a great chance some Type 2 diabetic is next to you on the flight eating Wendy’s and stinking up your whole row.
yes it your momma. i smell her befor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT