ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

According to ESPN reporter Jeff Darlington, who witnessed the incident, Scheffler was trying to drive around the crash scene on a median. A police officer instructed Scheffler to stop, but he continued to drive about 10 to 20 yards toward the entrance.

At one point, an officer attached himself to the side of Scheffler's car. Scheffler stopped his car as he turned into the entrance of Valhalla Golf Club.

After about 20 to 30 seconds, Scheffler rolled down his window to talk to the officer. The officer grabbed Scheffler's arm to pull him out of the vehicle, according to Darlington. The officer reached inside the vehicle to open the door, and once Scheffler was pulled out, he was pushed against the car and placed in handcuffs.

Darlington was standing at the entrance when Scheffler was detained. Darlington said Scheffler turned to him and asked, "Can you help?"

Okay, so that doesn't seem that dramatic. It's bad form to drive around a fatality, in order to get some practice in, but I'd think a citation would have sufficed.

Reactions: Col. Angus
If it IS true, that PGA golfers, officials etc. were being waved through, it makes no logical sense that Scheffler was singled out. Logic would dictate that SOMETHING was different in his case.

Whatever. The most offensive thing, to me, is nobody has even mentioned the person that was killed, other than in an off-hand way. That is to say, "the dead person caused this" LOL

@roguemocha, what is going on here? I’m just catching up since Wednesday because I was busy and not on TCP yesterday. I think we can discuss this offline. I wasn’t trying to run you off. Just giving you hell like we all do everyday.

*** sorry to interrupt a fatality and PGA nonsense.

If it IS true, that PGA golfers, officials etc. were being waved through, it makes no logical sense that Scheffler was singled out. Logic would dictate that SOMETHING was different in his case.

Whatever. The most offensive thing, to me, is nobody has even mentioned the person that was killed, other than in an off-hand way. That is to say, "the dead person caused this" LOL
When it comes to the ego of a cop, nothing surprises me.

Yeah, I get that, but if everyone was being waved through, what was different about Scheffler.

My first inclination is to side with law enforcement, because it's a sh*t job, and half of you unstable f**ks would end up with an internal affairs investigation within a week. Doesn't mean that they're not frequently wrong, but IMO they get the initial benefit of the doubt, until the facts are know.

It's dismaying to me that everyone's first instinct is to trash the cop, when we don't really know what happened yet.

Last edited:
@roguemocha, what is going on here? I’m just catching up since Wednesday because I was busy and not on TCP yesterday. I think we can discuss this offline. I wasn’t trying to run you off. Just giving you hell like we all do everyday.

*** sorry to interrupt a fatality and PGA nonsense.
She did what others tried for over a decade. With a few sentences. That’s GYERO MVP caliber.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT