ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Read this in the voice of Morgan Freeman or Fred Savage:

As I awoke this stormy May Kentucky Tuesday morning, there was a sense of panic and trepidation all over my body. My mind, daunted with fear and anxiety, felt as it had not been given the adequate of amount of chemicals it needed to function. I knew my Zoloft dose had not been missed. Trying to find something to take my thoughts away from the feeling of self doom, I opened up CatsPause. As I read the first few new GYERO post, heaven shines down onto this 44 yr old man from Grayson Co. I can only imagine what it would have been like if the titanic was miraculously fixed and the captain announced to everyone “hey my bad, we are actually good now” before it sank….but that is exactly how I felt when I read that roguemocha’s underwear isn’t loose anymore. All is well in the world now on this end.

#blessed

- Officially cicada season here in TN. These touchers are invading my yard like crazy. Luckily I have 2 dogs that love hunting/eating them, but the collective noise when outside is awful.

- First mother's day this past Sunday. Church, brunch, zoo, steaks. Flowers and wine. I think Mrs. CC was pleasantly surprised that I pulled it off.

- Eerily quiet on the Reds front in GYERO lately. I wonder why.
They suck
EDLC is still that dude though. #respect

- My wife's friend is finally getting married this summer. This chick is having THREE wedding showers and my wife isn't in the wedding and she's still invited to all 3. Women only, a lingerie party (!), and a couples BBQ. Three effing showers plus a wedding? That's completely ridiculous. How many gifts do you need? I refuse to buy her a wedding gift after all that.

- Kid crawled for the first time this morning. The days of laying her down and not chasing her are over I guess. It was nice while it lasted.

- My wife has been watching Baby Reindeer on Netflix lately and I've caught some in the background while doing some work. It's sucked me in...and it's not bad. It's a true story and the main actor is who it actually happened to.

I was a bit late to the White Lotus… just wrapped it up. Although too much dude nudity, I did find it well-acted and written.

Good to see Lazlo from Real Genius getting some well-deserved run.

* Several once attractive east end housewives at my gym have taken the Ozempic poke and they look 100x worse than when they started - skeletor face, pancake ass, front court shrunken, all muscle tone gone. If you or someone you know is using that or Mounjaro, be sure you're getting 75% of your target body weight in protein as well as exercise. Stuff will lay waste to muscle and bone as well as fat if you aren’t disciplined.
*My neighborhood is full of those bitches. My ex, being one of them.

The only thing that somewhat hides the fact she looks malnourished is her fake titties.
*Should have gotten one back in the divorce.

Rory announces divorce leading up to PGA. I'm going to bet on him. Probably why he was able to close over the weekend. Married golfers, that aren't freaks, just aren't as good.

*May go against traffic Friday and head towards KPP.

*Used my old trusty Traeger to smoke an 8 lb prime beef tenderloin, Sunday. Meat Church Seasoning (Gospel) with a second coating of herbs and garlic. Got it to 110 then seared it to a perfect medium rare on the gas grill. 8.5/10.

*Went to Valhalla on Saturday to pick up some gear. There's almost too much stuff. I knew it was bad when I was told by two women, "I can't concentrate. It's actually overwhelming."

I ended up with a PGA/UK logo hat and a Peter Millar full-zip jacket.

Side note: While there, one fellow shopper got a call saying her daughter qualified for the Olympic trials (Swimming) next month in Indy. She was obviously on cloud nine the rest of the day.

*Proud of my boy. He really doesn't have to work but chooses to. Last year he worked at the neighborhood ice-cream shop. This year, he's decided to take his talents to the UPS graveyard shift. $21/hour. Get after it!

*Rory announces divorce leading up to PGA. I'm going to bet on him. Probably why he was able to close over the weekend. Married golfers, that aren't freaks, just aren't as good.

922216e5-4b0b-492a-ba3e-c8564e1d9b8e_text.gif

Reactions: cole854
It's interesting that the people most against Ozempic are people who the healthiest people. It's like they're insulted that there's a pill on the market that can reduce the need to have will power and self-discipline (e.g., the trait they have in spades). I get it. Kind of reminds me about what I feel about AI.

It's interesting that the people most against Ozempic are people who the healthiest people. It's like they're insulted that there's a pill on the market that can reduce the need to have will power and self-discipline (e.g., the trait they have in spades). I get it. Kind of reminds me about what I feel about AI.

I’m sure it’s the same way self made millionaires would feel about a trashy redneck that won the lottery moving next door in their luxury neighborhood

-genetics play a role in weight. To assert otherwise is ignorant. Diet/exercise play a major roll for most folks... there are *some* folks that are just bigger/carry more weight.

^not talking about the morbidly obese... that shit is self inflicted.

-reds haven't given fans much to be happy about in a few weeks. That said I'd *much* rather be a reds fan than a basic bitch/basic cable mlb fan. Huge red flag/character flaw.

I’m sure it’s the same way self made millionaires would feel about a trashy redneck that won the lottery moving next door in their luxury neighborhood
I think we’re more against because we’ve seen this before and it ends in lawsuits and deaths every time.

It also perturbed us, me anyway, that people can constantly be sucked into believing there’s a no work, sweat free way to do it. There’s just not.

Also, those who don’t really need it but do it anyway when 30 minutes of working out 4-5 days a week and they’d be fine physically.

Well, not until CRSPR (sp) is up and running anyway. But who’s going to be the first to do that? Going to have kids like the copies of Michael Keaton on Multiplicity, beautiful but half-downsy, 6’5”, jacked, ultra athletes instead until they figure it out.

Reactions: sinker16
We are just trading problems like rogue kinda mentioned. Let's destroy ppls heart and bones to help them lose weight and maybe help their kidneys. And they are offering it to ppl that are younger and ppl that are on the margins rather than desperate situation.

I've seen it with my stepsister. She's 45 and was obese. But her obesity was pure laziness and bad choices. Now a drug meant for diabetics helped her lose a lot of weight. Still doesn't exercise or eat right. Left with a lot of loose skin. Will gain it all back most likely and left with osteoporosis.

We are addicted to sugar and shitty foods and quick fixes. But whatever

If I just saw my sister trying. Giving an honest effort and it not help and this was a last resort while she continued to improve her lifestyle I would think different

Last thing, Wayne and I don’t know if you meant it this way but saying certain people “have self control in spades” sounds like it's inferring we’re born with it, which we’re not.

We just have the mindfulness and ability to tell ourselves touching no.

Anyone can have self control, it’s the whole SELF part of it. Anyone can say no, but they don’t WANT to.

Last thing, Wayne and I don’t know if you meant it this way but saying certain people “have self control in spades” sounds like it's inferring we’re born with it, which we’re not.

Anyone can have self control, it’s the whole SELF part of it. Anyone can say no, but they don’t WANT to.

I have three kids. Their natural level of self control and self discipline vary significantly from one to the next.

-reds haven't given fans much to be happy about in a few weeks. That said I'd *much* rather be a reds fan than a basic bitch/basic cable mlb fan. Huge red flag/character flaw.
I personally thinks it's a bigger character flaw to voluntarily wear the color red. I haven't owned a piece of red clothing since I was a child. What a terrible color!

*My neighborhood is full of those bitches. My ex, being one of them.

The only thing that somewhat hides the fact she looks malnourished is her fake titties.
*Should have gotten one back in the divorce.

Rory announces divorce leading up to PGA. I'm going to bet on him. Probably why he was able to close over the weekend. Married golfers, that aren't freaks, just aren't as good.

*May go against traffic Friday and head towards KPP.

*Used my old trusty Traeger to smoke an 8 lb prime beef tenderloin, Sunday. Meat Church Seasoning (Gospel) with a second coating of herbs and garlic. Got it to 110 then seared it to a perfect medium rare on the gas grill. 8.5/10.

*Went to Valhalla on Saturday to pick up some gear. There's almost too much stuff. I knew it was bad when I was told by two women, "I can't concentrate. It's actually overwhelming."

I ended up with a PGA/UK logo hat and a Peter Millar full-zip jacket.

Side note: While there, one fellow shopper got a call saying her daughter qualified for the Olympic trials (Swimming) next month in Indy. She was obviously on cloud nine the rest of the day.

*Proud of my boy. He really doesn't have to work but chooses to. Last year he worked at the neighborhood ice-cream shop. This year, he's decided to take his talents to the UPS graveyard shift. $21/hour. Get after it!
I was there on Saturday as well. Thought that swag tent was insane. Probably got the same blue PGA/UK logo hat you got. And 2 PM polos. Took a pic with the Wannamaker as well. Course looks great.

Reactions: BernieSadori

So you think people diagnosed with something like obsessive compulsive disorder just don't have enough self control?

Stupid fukn post right there.

Everyone is wired differently. Some people have better self control, some people are more outgoing, some people are smarter. Biology plays a part in all of this.

I’m naturally tall and skinny. I’m also on the treadmill at 5:30 AM 5 days a week, limit my drinking to the weekends, eat my veggies and still wear suits I bought when I was in undergrad and law school.

I was there on Saturday as well. Thought that swag tent was insane. Probably got the same blue PGA/UK logo hat you got. And 2 PM polos. Took a pic with the Wannamaker as well. Course looks great.
You didn’t happen to ask someone holding that hat where they were, did you?

So you think people diagnosed with something like obsessive compulsive disorder just don't have enough self control?

Stupid fukn post right there.

Everyone is wired differently. Some people have better self control, some people are more outgoing, some people are smarter. Biology plays a part in all of this.
Are we comparing people without OCD to those with OCD? To me, that’s like saying well an alcoholic and a regular person should both be able to enjoy alcohol the same way.

It’s completely different. Of course we have different thresholds of saying no but everyone basically has the ability to say no without some underlying condition affecting them.

Why can one parent deny their kid something while another spoils them rotten? Does that parent have a problem or do they have trouble saying no to their child, aka themselves?

Idk, I could be way off here because it’s tough for me personally to see it because I think denying myself and seeing what all I can force myself to do is cool and fun. But then again I’m REALLY boring.

Randoms: Basketball Hater Edition
  • Man, if Reed Sheppard thought Jake Gohlke was tough, I can't imagine what it's going to be like for him against Brunson and DiVincenzo next year. His ass is gonna get cooked. #NotAthleticEnough
  • Nice job by Caitlin Clark on her opening game where she a posted a 20-10. Oh wait, the 10 is turnovers. #WNBA
  • Mark Pope has put together a roster that looks like Purdue minus Zach Edey. We're gonna get cooked next year unless we get a real scorer. Shoulda kept Cal until October and then fired his ass for breach of contract for talking to Arkansas. Keep the roster. Then bring in Pope. #3DChess
  • Minus the 4th quarter of elimination games, the NBA is boring AF to watch. But it is somewhat interesting to read / listen to podcasts about. #Odd
  • Tatum and Brown may make it to the finals again, but their game is just lame. #WeakAndGay
Stay hard. #Out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT