ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

-Really wanted to sneak in 5 miles to Wrigley and back my last day but my left ankle/foot said, “lol cute, pal.” Didn’t make it out of the block…

-Happy Mother’s Day to you Moms out there from the bottom of this man’s heart. You all are literally the life that makes this whole world go.

Women raised me and I thank the ones still living every single day via 7a text whether they want that text or not.

Moms are almost always every kids’ most stalwart, blood-is-thicker-than-water, loyal, got-your-back-no-matter-what, tough, reliable, supporters and foot soldiers.

You can’t ever repay a Mom, never. There’s just no way besides raising yourn up like she did you or hell, just get close.

Here’s to your day Moms, the original Ride or Dies.

tumblr_nfd89hIczO1s8gsn8o1_400.gif
Imagine that industrial disaster zone being the threshold of your college campus…

I miss Hitch. Didn't ALWAYS agree with him, but he was one of the greats.
20 years ago I wasn’t mature enough to soak in his readings to their fullest. I do remember his hatred for Mother Teresa and being contacted by the Vatican to act as Devils Advocate for her consideration for sainthood..He would have lost his livelihood today if he dared to write such heresy in the face of political correctness. Then again, the godless media might have been praising him..

I parked on the other side of that bridge and walked under to the classroom building every day during law school. I swear at least once a week I had to walk the long way around because some dumbass ignored the minimum height signs.

I parked on the other side of that bridge and walked under to the classroom building every day during law school. I swear at least once a week I had to walk the long way around because some dumbass ignored the minimum height signs.
Positive news, there was a Moby Dick right around the corner.

It's pretty wild they haven't thought of fixing it. Like you said, it happens all the time, and they're like, "welp, let's just leave it the same... easier to pull a truck a week out than raise it 5 feet. "

No kidding?
Zero idea what you mean by this, but yes, I mean, my dad existed but I didn’t see him a whole lot and sure as heck didn’t “raise” me.

-Back in SP and thank god. Upper 40s/low 50s in midday May is ridiculous for me.

Too many pales and how does every know you workout every day when you’re covered in clothing? Lame.

Love love love Chicago though, great visiting city. Ate our fill and then some.

Avli in the Park a Greek restaurant was absolute fire. Lemon, egg soup was amazing. Fatsos milkshake was good as well.

Always weirds me out how some restaurants slowly transition in to nightclubs WHILE you’re eating there.

Pretty sure the company I work for has the unofficial record for trucks feeding that bridge - we had two in the same day. We sent an expedite truck out with some hot parts for a location in Alabama and the driver hit the bridge on his way to 65. He hit at a fairly low speed and was able to get his trailer backed out, with just the first 2-3 feet or so of the trailer peeled back.

He limped back to our plant and we reloaded the freight on a second truck from the same carrier about an hour later. That driver proceeded to do the exact same thing.

Truck number 3 was given VERY detailed instructions on how to get to the interstate...

/backtolurking

Pretty sure the company I work for has the unofficial record for trucks feeding that bridge - we had two in the same day. We sent an expedite truck out with some hot parts for a location in Alabama and the driver hit the bridge on his way to 65. He hit at a fairly low speed and was able to get his trailer backed out, with just the first 2-3 feet or so of the trailer peeled back.

He limped back to our plant and we reloaded the freight on a second truck from the same carrier about an hour later. That driver proceeded to do the exact same thing.

Truck number 3 was given VERY detailed instructions on how to get to the interstate...

/backtolurking

Depending on where your distribution location is, that is NOT the best way to get I-65. Not a all

NBA Draft Lottery chatter is pretty quiet around here, given that two Cats are projected as high as top-5.

Two thoughts:

- It won't happen, but how fun would it be to watch Trae Young play alongside Reed or Rob?
- One of those dudes is going to end up in San Antonio. My god, if it's Reed, he'll be my all time favorite

Gonna be a ton of fun watching this all play out.

Zero idea what you mean by this, but yes, I mean, my dad existed but I didn’t see him a whole lot and sure as heck didn’t “raise” me.
I was trying to make light of you being a sensitive guy sometimes, Rogue. I shouldn't have made the joke. I feel bad saying it now. I'm sorry.

Reactions: roguemocha
I'm not bashing this post or the drills he's doing, but I wonder how much of these things actually make a difference compared to him playing real games or 1:1 against top talent.

To show I have an open mind about it. I took my son to the Y on Friday to play basketball and the two African 7-footers were working out on the other half of the gym doing similar stuff in Hank's vid. My son and I played 21. I kinda feel like the 7-footers got more out of their workout session than my son did, but I guess we'll see who has the better NBA career.

Reactions: Col. Angus
@WayneDougan youre fine nam no apologies necessary. I’m only “sensitive” when people say they’re going to do something online that they actually won’t or when someone says they’d say something to your face when they wouldn’t.

That’s what upsets me, internet heroes.

-Hopped online at 7:50 to sign up for the Fire Academy Physical Ability Test. Class won’t appear til 8 so we sit there and hit refresh.

When it finally pops up for me I click it and get “Congrats! You’ve made the waitlist!” At 8:02. So no actual spot for me…

🤬

Call Janice, the lady in charge. She says it was the record easily. 220 people vying for 50 spots. Cool…

Let’s look at resumes before we let Randy from Lochloosa with a GED hop in there Janice, what do you say?

F************K

Mountainous island nation is calling for me to move there if this doesn’t happen and leave the mainland for good.

Tired of this rat race bs anyway.

-In better news, happy to be back with my dog.

-Reed in San Antonio for as long as he can get Popp would be a dream for him I’d think.

-I’m guessing we don’t have a preseason tourney this year to catch an early glimpse of the boys? Bummer.

-Work meeting then time to throw some weights and get frustrations out before I listen to Ether and go on a rampage.

- Always made the most sense that Great Osobor would end up at Washington. As good a player as he is, no need to get into that kind of bidding war for him. I LIKE MY TEAM(provided we get either Lanier or Jaxson).

- Nate was Nate. Killed as usual. Cool to hear from his Dad as well, and Aaron Weber is always solid. The other two were fine. They suffered from a relatively late-arriving crowd (even after a 30-minute delay), and I've heard comics say that arena comedy is just tough, considering the dimensions of the room and the distance from the crowd. But overall, a fantastic show.

One bad thing about arena shows is that because of the distance from the stage, a lot of people in attendance end up watching the big screens. Which is fine, but that leads a few to make the mistake of thinking that they're at home watching it on Netflix, and they talk too much, etc. Had to give some stern dad looks to a couple near us that wouldn't SHUT UP. But they got the hint.

- Valhalla tomorrow. Taking my Father-in-law, and since he's never been, I'll let him dictate the viewing strategy. Probably along the lines of putting green, camp out at an early hole for a bit, then find Tiger.

- Canada next week, which can only mean one thing...All Dressed Ruffles. LET'S GO.

- If I saw someone shoot a ball like any of those guys shot it I would assume theyve never touched a ball before.

- I could argue that Randy with a GED would be who I prefer to save me in a burning building. Likely signed up for all the right reasons, probably is passionate about helping people, and wasnt given his spot by someone he knew in an authority position, Not saying Rogue doesnt fall in that criteria. Our firefighters are all volunteer. I think most small towns are.

- Osobor the highest paid college basketball player next season? Goodness.

- I hope Im wrong and I wont be watching any of it but I think Reed gets exposed in the league. He is gonna be running point I assume. Can he keep Fox from getting 50? Steph? Dame? Kyrie? Playoff basketball has been super physical I have to think he would get abused at the very least in the playoffs, but I have a feeling the league is gonna try to bring the offense down a notch next regular season. The refs switched the the playoff whistle about two weeks before the playoffs actually started.

Yes im salty that he went pro without winning a single tournament game here.

Last edited:
Earmuffs ladies…

Where did all these commercials come from lately starring slightly overweight unattractive women talking about how they stink in areas other than their armpits? At first it was off brand companies doing this, but now even P&G has gotten into the game. The commercials are f’ing gross and if I put my Alex Jones hat on for a minute I’m convinced it’s some sort of psyop against American heterosexual men.

-What type of world do we live in when you can't even relax in a hammock on a NYC public bus?

-In the market for a pellet grill. Anyone using the Recteq, that's where I'm leaning? Looking at WoodWind, Traeger, Weber and Recteq. Pro tip, don't leave your pellet gril uncovered. The auger was basically cemented in there.

-Lol @ Florida Fans being big mad. EAD Gators. Let's go win the SEC.

-Spent most of Nate watching effing gamechanger. Walk off win over a heated rival. His Dad was awesome. Hearing him tear up while talking about his Son's success was a really neat moment. The Water Company story is an all timer.

-Plan to make it up to HALLA one day this week but the forecast is not great for the days I'm supposed to be going.

-2 Mill for Great. Another instance of that #CardDeclined.

-Almonor the next Boom?

Yes please. It would be nice to add a 30 year old to the team next year. (didn't care for that long "two" he took from the elbow though. No place for that here.)

Firefighting is a big deal right now. Our freshman basketball coach is going through this process here in BG. The guy that we were going after to replace him (a former player and assistant coach for me) is also going through the process. I am hearing there are 90+ applicants for 10-12 spots. Highly competitive. These dudes are freaking animals too. They are in incredible shape. I never knew it was like that.

-I’d be willing to bet “old” firefighters didn’t train at a young age and through their 20/30s the way people do now as well though.

Not to say it’s not a literally back breaking job <—that’s actually why I’d enjoy it, physical torture is fun for me.

I’m not against Randy in Lochloosa either by any means, I’m simply saying the process to pick who gets a spot in our Firehouses should maybe be more vetted than the same exact basic lottery system people use to purchase Phish tickets. 🤷‍♂️

If you’re picking a cop would you give a trained military vet and a random guy with zero background or education in the field the same shot?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT