ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Still don't understand why Corey Feldman was seen as a star in those days to get to do The Goonies AND Stand By Me. Dude is still a train wreck to this day.

Still kind of a cool story that the Chunk actor is the agent for the Data actor that just won the Academy Award last year.

Didn't watch the Brady roast, but did catch Nikki Glaser's entire set on the TikTok. She was funny as hell.

Steve Martin and Martin Short at The Palace in September the same night Martin Lawrence and his crew are doing a Yum event. All the Martins in Louisville.

Congrats, Pretz!

Glaser and Hinchcliffe were the stars. They're just so good at it. You just can't put ghost written one liners up there for stiffs to read when you have amazing stand up comedians around them. Especially, so many, was it Gronk, Kim, Moss, Brady, Edelman, and Bill B? Way too many idiots trying to be funny. The delivery is just night and day.

Reactions: roguemocha
-Feel like most roasts are pretty meh these days as most of the guys who were great in them have passed on. They really thought bringing Kim K to a Tom Brady roast was a good idea?

-Spent last night under constant threat of tornadoes. Had 2 tornado warnings for my area from two different storms in a 45 minute span. Poor dog spent the entire time under the bed. Everything turned out ok.

-Ran into a newish employee at work that saw my UK lanyard that I had purchased from Kennedy’s back in college. Started chatting about going to UK and he asked me when I graduated and I was like ‘2001 you?’…..’2017’…ooof. I asked what he thought about Pope and he said he didn’t know much about him and I’m thinking “Well you weren’t even effin born when he played at UK.” Little reminders of how old I am like that suck.

-Circling back to the lanyard, I bought it for the sole purpose of keeping my dorm key on it and on me when I would go out to the courts to hoop and didn’t want to leave anything on the sidelines someone could lift. Tucked in a drawer for years and when I got my current job that required to wear a badge, pulled it out for that purpose and it has been going strong ever since. That and the 97 team’s replica shorts are the 2 things I still own from my time at UK.

-Shogun was outstanding. Yabushige steals every scene he is in. Just his grunts alone should get him an Emmy. Anna Sawai is freakin gorgeous. If you liked Shogun I recommend the animated Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix as it is one of the best things I’ve ever watched and is set about 50 years after the events of Shogun.

-If you grew up watching 90’s Saturday morning cartoons do yourself a favor and watch X-Men 97 because it is ridiculously good and more aimed at the adults who grew up watching the show versus kids today.

-Back right before Christmas my wife slipped and slid down my mom’s stairs to her basement and completely wrecked her ankle and foot. She had surgery on it at the end of March and we are just getting to where she can put weight on it again. Having to take over every single responsibility in the house sucks. In that time crap has hit the fan. The roof needed repair from storm damage. The refrigerator went out. The AC went out. An AT&T employee scammed us to get phones attached to our account sent to parties unknown. Now the washer is on the fritz. Man.

-Congrats pretzel. Be sure to instill in him the unique NKY Kentucky fan trait of intense hatred of UC fans.
Didn't Shogun have a very anticlimactic ending?
Loved every second of the show except for the ending.
Was expecting more.

Still don't understand why Corey Feldman was seen as a star
corey feldman testing GIF by myLAB Box

-Two sausage burrito meal, 4 hot sauces, coke, and if I'm getting really crazy I'll do an extra hash brown /late

- Next season will be the first chance for CMP to go after an elite high school project. None were available when he got here this year. I'm not worried a bit, like the build of this team.

- Ready to plant the garden, ground is soggy as can be. Going to do more hot peppers this year and make some hot sauce this fall.

- grilling season, I'm going to work on my rum knowledge this year.

- I was thinking Little Squirt is a good name for the new ul bball coach. Small guy and the schools history with hired entertainment, just seems appropriate.

I don’t think either has anything to do with the other and both could end up here.

Both of them won't end up here. If both decide to withdraw from the draft, the first that decides to come here (if either of them actually do), eliminates the other one. To clarify, that is from the Lanier side of things. (from what I've been told.)

Reactions: Hank Camacho
Fascism is really bad guys.

"Oh yeah? Millions of Germans thought it was pretty great so you are clueless as usual." -UKO

Reactions: Midway Cat
- Roasts should be pretty simple. Half of the dais should be the subject and his/her friends so that there's plenty of subject matter on stage. The other half of the dais should strictly be roast comics: Hinchcliffe, Ross, Glaser, Jeselnik, etc. There are some other comics who I haven't seen do a roast but would absolutely kill at it: Normand, Morril, Stavros, etc. Give them ten minutes each, give the roastee ten minutes, profit. As stated above, the other celebrities are there as fodder, not as presenters.

Obviously, Giraldo was the goat.

- The more concerned someone is about our roster for next season, the less they know about modern college hoops, IMO. Pope is doing it exactly the way real college basketballs would do if they were in the same situation, same timing, etc. No qualms.

- Day eight of whatever this non-COVID crud is. Feel like I've been hit by a truck. Need to rally if I'm gonna make it to Bargatze at Rupp tomorrow night.

- Every story I read about Ernie Johnson just makes the guy sound that much more incredible. Not sure there's a better person in sports media.

-I'm fascinated that some of you eat McD's breakfast on the reg. Like just, Tuesday morning on the way to work, swing in and grab a biscuit, hash brown and water. Is this a special occasion, a treat, or your everyday breakfast?
I'm currently leading a project at a MFG plant way out in the middle of nowhere. There's a McD's on the way to the plant from my hotel. I go there to grab a coffee and occasionally a Sausage McMuffin. There's a cute Mexican gal who takes my order. She always gives me a sultry smile as I hand her my AMEX. Sometimes I think it might be good to just throw it all away. Maybe just offer to take her to Cabo next week. So yeah, I eat McD's breakfast on the reg. Best part of my day.

Last edited:
I'm currently leading doing a project out at a MFG plant way out in the middle of nowhere. There's a McD's on the way to the plant from my hotel. I go there to grab a coffee and occasionally a Sausage McMuffin. There's a cute Mexican gal who takes my order. She always gives me a sultry smile as I hand her my AMEX. Sometimes I think it might be good to just throw it all away. Maybe just offer to take her to Cabo next week. So yeah, I eat McD's breakfast on the reg. Best part of my day.
Play a game of one on one bball with her and see what happens.

Both of them won't end up here. If both decide to withdraw from the draft, the first that decides to come here (if either of them actually do), eliminates the other one. To clarify, that is from the Lanier side of things. (from what I've been told.)
That’s interesting. So you think they’ve been told the first one to commit here can come but no room for both?

I had assumed there was room for both since they play different positions and Pope plays 9-10 guys a game.

That would mean Chaz would be likelier to decide first since he’s going through the G-league draft combo which is earlier than the real one that Robinson is doing.

Reactions: Col. Angus
The new guy in town regrets the optics. A sterile corner office overlooking Arkansas' Bud Walton Arena is, for now, a muted tribute to what is about to take place.

"They've got this a little bit like a dentist's office, so I apologize," John Calipari says, stepping out from behind an empty desk.

Some of them are tolerated. For now, the hall-of-fame coach is sharing a temporary condo with his son Brad near the center of the campus entertainment district, Dickson Street.

"They said to me, 'It may get a little loud. It's down by the strip,' Calipari explained. "I was there Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. No problem. Friday? One place has live music, the other has karaoke, the other has a DJ.

"The whole room is like shaking from [the noise]. I'm sleeping with ear plugs."

Cal seems to be having a blast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT