ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

GMxaeMZXAAA4JEq

Last edited:
I know. Was a comment on how hard he is working. Dude flew to Philly at 8pm to ease Amari’s concerns, then turned around and flew to Utah to welcome home Chandler from his mission. Hes doing everything in his power to bring our pride back into the program. If he wins guy is going to be a legend here.

Hell, just being somewhat solid he’ll be the guy that got OUR program back from the Sheldon Sharpe make a wish foundation.

On a personal note, I think it’s cool to see a guy on the team when I was in school leading the program. Makes it more special, at least to me.

Our prick; Kerr Kriisa...

I'm not a basketball, and I can't make a definitive judgement on his upside, but like I've said before, I can't wait for the "I hate Kriisa road show" in the SEC next year LOL

Kyle Smith - "My wife HATES him." LOL

Last edited:
Hard work and a love for the fans goes a long way. Kentucky fans take a lot of jabs from the rest of the country.

Some of it's deserved, much of it is NOT. But regardless of how anyone else feels about them, they can smell a rat.

It is NOT always banners or GTFO. I believe that what they want MOST, is a coach that LIVES for this job, will do their best, not condescend to the fanbase that MADE this program, and will build an environment that promotes the idea of, "While you're HERE, your concern is Kentucky basketball, and NOT where you'll be in 12 to 18 months."

IOW - Treat the opportunity to put that uniform on as a privilege, and not a stepping stone.

Just win. All else is talk or bullshit.
That's not true. Tubby and Joe B. Hall are more beloved than John Calipari and Rick Pitino will ever be as Kentucky basketball coaches -- as they should. Class matters.

Winning is a prerequisite but it all matters. Pope feels like the BBN is getting its soul back.

It would be nice to see something similar with the US presidency to be frank. That is a bipartisan comment.

Yeahhhh…Tubby will always be well liked and respected as a coach and person by the fans…but will never have that “lore” as someone who elevated the program to new heights.

Pitino took our program from the brink of collapse to back to the rightful place on top of college basketball. BBN has largely forgiven him for UL and recognize how great he was here. Plus he left the Louisville program in complete embarrassment which helps. It will only continue to grow in the coming years.

It’s too fresh to really know how Calipari will be embraced…but think he will be loved on a level slightly below Pitino. As frustrating as the last few years have been, he took us from Michael Porter Jr to John Wall. We had a hell of an exciting ride for the majority of his tenure with tons of moments/seasons that will be talked about for generations.

I think in 10-20 years time, Cal will be remembered fondly.. Partly because some fans have short-term memories, Hall and Tubby were definitely not loved by the fan base at the end of their tenures (or during most of their time as coaches). The respect came later on.

The other reason I think he will is because I'm 99% certain his Arkansas tenure will be if not a disaster, then a stunning level of mediocrity for Arkansas fans and the morons who think that UK basketball was Cal. There are a lot of coaches who were successful in college, tried and failed at the professional level and came back to be successful in college. But no one who was really good at a college job but then was fired or left for another job because they couldn't handle expectations over time, ever went on to better things. A 65-year old JVC who's going to do things his way, with a supporting group of sycophants, partly so they can create a landing spot for their children is the same road Tubby and Bobby Knight travelled and it always ends in the same place.

Cal barely made a dent to the chase to pass UCLA all the while allowing Kansas to pass KY in all time wins (even after they had to vacate wins). All the while having a collection of elite 5 star NBA All stars. His legacy will be whatever you want it to be but for me not so great.

Have to hope Pope can get the job that Cal was supposed to have done or at least back on track.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT