ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

The first mint julep is good.

The second one is fine.

The first warm/not enough ice/chunky mint one is blech and makes you swear off them for a year.

Then the next year, the first mint julep is good…

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Is Kenneland Breeze what they’re calling the draft Miller Lites from the Paddock bar that the real ones know and love?

Because that’s the official drink of horse racing in my house.

Reactions: paintrain_cat
Keeneland Breeze
1.5 OZ Makers
0.5 oz Triple Sec
top off with ginger ale and an orange slice
profit

I like a mojito at Seviche or the pool. Or Miami Vice at the pool. And an occasional grapefruit high noon as a responsible beverage on the way to the football stadium. I just don’t have the taste for a cocktail.

I did order one beer at Rupp this year just cause I could and to help celebrate Mike Bean’s birthday.

So what I’m saying is you are WRONG, @B.B.d.K..

It’s aperol spritz and Paloma season anyway, time to put the bourbon away

Never. Bourbon is a season and it lasts 12 months. As a matter of fact, as soon as I finish mowing here soon, I will be having a nice pour on the deck as I observe my finely manicured yard (not lawn) that resembles Augusta.

Reactions: Stoneule
There’s been something that’s been sticking in my crawl the past two weeks. I have been trying to ignore it, listening to the angel on my shoulder, ignoring the devil. Back I can’t do it anymore.

Couple weeks back someone in here said Cal treated Derek Willis poorly. You know, we all hate Cal but that was a bridge too far for me.

F’ing Willis had a chance to hit a big shot - an open corner 3 in crunchtime against North Carolina, the biggest threat to the thrown, in an Elite 8. He missed.

The real Kentucky boys - Wah Wah, Hatton, Goose, Padgett, Mills, Miller - hit in that situation. Willis did what he did his whole career - SHRUNK.

Cal was right about Willis. MFer cost us a championship and gave Carolina one.

I’ll never forgive him.

There’s been something that’s been sticking in my crawl the past two weeks. I have been trying to ignore it, listening to the angel on my shoulder, ignoring the devil. Back I can’t do it anymore.

Couple weeks back someone in here said Cal treated Derek Willis poorly. You know, we all hate Cal but that was a bridge too far for me.

F’ing Willis had a chance to hit a big shot - an open corner 3 in crunchtime against North Carolina, the biggest threat to the thrown, in an Elite 8. He missed.

The real Kentucky boys - Wah Wah, Hatton, Goose, Padgett, Mills, Miller - hit in that situation. Willis did what he did his whole career - SHRUNK.

I’ll never forgive him.
100%. As he took that shot, I thought, here's his chance to be a UK legend.

I’ll never forgive him.
Left out Epps.

Reactions: wcc31
What an awesome series. NBA haters are clueless dolts

3 stars from a Natty Nova team closing the game with clutch plays/shots, in Philly, for the hometown fans, is pretty dope. But Brunson man, Lord. What an improbable All NBA dude he’s become. 2 seed with that roster is crazy.

Props to the much maligned Thibs. They play like a rugged underdog college team.

Last edited:
I like a mojito at Seviche or the pool. Or Miami Vice at the pool. And an occasional grapefruit high noon as a responsible beverage on the way to the football stadium. I just don’t have the taste for a cocktail.

I did order one beer at Rupp this year just cause I could and to help celebrate Mike Bean’s birthday.

So what I’m saying is you are WRONG, @B.B.d.K..

Anthonys735 liked this post that essentially shuns beer, spirits, and proper cocktails as useless aside from an emergency/special occasion. #taste

Just wanted to document

Re: Willis

Perhaps if his idiot coach didn’t hate him, blatantly, and played/developed him a lil before it was an absolute necessity, and even then, trusted him to get going on occasion & play through a defensive lapse or two, he’d been more prepared to make one shot.

MF shot 42% his last 2 years…on 20mpg and an auto hook.

See: countless other shooters he stifled or just flat ruined. Including Mulder on that very team that desperately needed shooters

Hoodie would have been an All American with the right coach imo

Last edited:
Some roster thoughts:

- Roster isn’t finished yet. We have a staff of hustlers. Who knows what may happen with some of these dudes sniffing around the draft.

- Whether you agree or not, Pope obviously has a method to his madness. He’s made that very clear- it’s analytically based on the type of system he wants to run. Plus, he wants a great locker room.

- PG/one-on-one “get a bucket” guys aren’t as valuable in Pope’s system. His system values passing, smarts, movement, spacing and shooting. Think about our roster in that regard.
- All 3 big men can pass the ball well.

- We have some deadeyes - Brea, Kriisa, Carr, Perry.

- Superstars in the way we think about them just aren’t winning championships these days. Veteran squads are. We’re very old.

- Even though they’re old, these dudes aren’t finished products. Good players routinely make the leap to “really good” all the time in college basketball. Who’s to say one of our good transfers doesn’t become great this year?

- Then there’s Chandler. He’s a really good talent- and fits what we apparently lack- good off the bounce, bucket-getter. Maybe he is outstanding.

Some roster thoughts:

- Roster isn’t finished yet. We have a staff of hustlers. Who knows what may happen with some of these dudes sniffing around the draft.

- Whether you agree or not, Pope obviously has a method to his madness. He’s made that very clear- it’s analytically based on the type of system he wants to run. Plus, he wants a great locker room.

- PG/one-on-one “get a bucket” guys aren’t as valuable in Pope’s system. His system values passing, smarts, movement, spacing and shooting. Think about our roster in that regard.
- All 3 big men can pass the ball well.

- We have some deadeyes - Brea, Kriisa, Carr, Perry.

- Superstars in the way we think about them just aren’t winning championships these days. Veteran squads are. We’re very old.

- Even though they’re old, these dudes aren’t finished products. Good players routinely make the leap to “really good” all the time in college basketball. Who’s to say one of our good transfers doesn’t become great this year?

- Then there’s Chandler. He’s a really good talent- and fits what we apparently lack- good off the bounce, bucket-getter. Maybe he is outstanding.
UCONN has won two championships with at least a couple of “get a bucket” guys. Most of the points are produced by the system, but you still need a pressure relief valve dude when things get tight.

And of course, Pope met Chandler at the airport. I could not be any happier with the hire. I was a bitch for about 15 hours then i came around, kinda like most of big blue nation. He hired about the best staff he could, id put it up with any staff in America, he understand BBN, he understands Kentucky basketball, he's intelligent and he will work his ass off. This is going to be fun and i so hope he raises a trophy again off a bus in Rupp.

Will be in Louisville on Thursday to watch the PGA with my two nephews. Probably roll out of Lex at 5:30, pay about $40 to park in someone's yard, go follow Tiger, Rory, and my nephew would like to see Bison DeChambeef hit some 400 yard drives, so id imagine we will follow him a few holes.

The banners have always been fun to make fun of.

Bought tickets to go see the Redlegs in July. Always buy aisle seats and seats with no one behind us and as an added touch a seat under cover on the first base line in case it rains. Always park in Kentucky and eat and walk across the bridge. Used to eat at Deweys Pizza. Is it still there and if not any recs on eating on the Kentucky side in that same area?

I always seem to pull for a Bluegrass Stakes winner. So, im hoping on Sierra Leone to take the Derby. Probably place a bet on West Saratoga since it was foaled on my birth date.

It's hard not to bet a superfecta on the Derby. Obviously, you can make some big bucks on it. That's my kind of betting.
Kentucky-Derby-2021-payouts.jpg

Who won the Derby in the year you were born? Dust Commander, here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT