ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- What is it with door-knocking solicitation in the burbs? I try to be nice but F off.

- Survived my first dance recital. That was uhh something. Was cool seeing my daughter perform for the first time ever - obviously sports, school plays, etc will be coming soon. Also, don’t think I’ve seen my mom ever enjoy an event more in my life.

- So, I take it Thurby is the new Oaks for Louisvillians? Enjoy your week, Louisville. You do the Commonwealth proud.

- You know, you could set my Ridgeline on fire and roll it down a hill, and I still wouldn’t trade it for a Coup DeVille.

- Doing the hardest thing for a Wildcat fan right now- being patient and letting things play out.

- Here’s to the small things about summer:

A cold pilsner on a patio
Burgers off the grill
Country music
Listening to live music as the sun sets at Riverbend
Smell of fresh cut grass
The neon lights of a pool at night
Morning cup of coffee on the deck
Sounds of neighborhood kids playing in the background of a summer night
The look of fulfillment and fatigue on your kid’s face after a day of playing outside
Windows down on car
Soft serve ice cream
Hotdog at a ballgame

Speaking of neighborhood kids, living right next to a park and several different schools, I hear what sounds like a teen girl being raped/beaten/murdered every single day. Multiple times.

Turns out it’s just kids playing.

I assume you people parents develop some sixth sense to parse this out? I sure don’t have it.

Speaking of neighborhood kids, living right next to a park and several different schools, I hear what sounds like a teen girl being raped/beaten/murdered every single day. Multiple times.

I assume you people parents develop some sixth sense to parse this out? I sure don’t have it.
Is this an urban New Orleans thing cause it doesn't happen in the NC.

• Haha
Reactions: roguemocha

We don’t all live within ear shot of the Magnolia Projects so wouldn’t know, bud.

WW over here just trying his hardest to replace Butthole Cole as the resident contrarian.
Well, our problem wasn't Brad Calipari or his whiny sister. Do I like them? No. But it's not like Brad really cost us anything in terms of recruits or wins (unlike Saul Smith or Sean Sutton).

~Got a bottle of Issel’s bourbon Saturday, and was able to chat w/ a childhood hero for a few minutes. My first UK game ever was at Memorial when my dad took me to see LSU/UK. He told me that Rupp told the team that Pistol was going to get his 50, but UK had the better team and to just focus on the game. A 7 year old UKO seeing him and Big Dan in person made for some great pretend driveway games going forward.*I wish I still had my red/white/blue ABA ball that he signed for me a few years later.

~PTI…we give each other shit, but I would love to talk TWib Notes w/ you any time over a cold one.

~Blessed to have all 4 of my parents still w/ us (step dad and step mom for many years) but watching them recently show their age w/ mobility and health has been hard. My thoughts to anyone on here dealing w/ the same.

~If anything, Pope is getting some battle tested players if even for just the first year. They won’t go down quietly. Even the old man freshman Chandler is going to be a star. Next season is going to require Street & Smith’s to make a comeback to keep up w/ all of the teams/transfers.

~4 horse ex box…
Sierra Leone
Dornoch
Forever Young
Catching Freedom

~Derby fixins…
Wings/brats
Roasted brussel sprouts
Buffalo dip
Lagunitas and Eagle Rare

*juleps suck

Enjoy.

I will tell you what is nice -- being able to go to the UK Athletics roster page and see the makings of a group that is going to compete for the SEC next year and make some noise in March.

* My wife's birthday is today. As a man, there is no winning this. Just survive and advance. I surprised her with a refurbed Aeron chair for her home office last week. Now I've got to make a scratch home meal. She's requested pizza so I'm getting off easy. If Flo hadn't made an appearance today, there might have been more getting off easy tonight, too.

* To the degree possible (and it is not 100% possible), I wish everyone would just shut up about anything to do with Calipari. There are too many awesome things going on right here, right now to worry a bit about him, his family, etc., imo.

Pretty obvious that Brad was told one billion times by peers that he never earned anything it was all dad, true or not, as a young dumb kid he got it tatted on his chest, I’m sure to tell himself, if no one else that he earned it all.

I’m sure he regrets it already if not he will with a dad bod at 33 holding a clipboard somewhere.

-Remember at Cal’s opening press conference, Brad was a young kid and I feel like he made a comment about him being a future starting point guard or maybe I just thought that in my head and cringed. Does anybody have the full press conference?

-And @PTI (pti), the volume level of kids is just something you can’t imagine. And we only have two of them. Add in a couple friends and it’s balls to the wall all day or night.

-Did UKO just drop an actual set of randoms? And the first story was about him being a UK fan as a kid? WTF happened to lead him down this miserable path?

A little part of me always felt bad for Brad. He always looked so sad, and that boy was never meant to play ball. I’m sure he dreamt of playing the trumpet, or Dungeons and Dragons, but that was not the dream his crazy Dad had for him.

Same for Ellen. She looked so sad.

Also, the hot one. She’s fine.

-I'd never order/make a Julep any other weekend of the year -- not even sure if I like them tbh, but it's just the right thing to do imo. At least, one - but typically, several

-Nice lil $5 double yesterday for a cool 1K w/ 29:1 Joe Sheisty and then my buddy's horse taking the finale #FreeMoney budget set for the weekend before it starts is always a good thing.

-Excited to watch Thorpedo Anna in the Oaks. My main horsey buddy is all in, and Kenny McPeek hasn't been shy about her: "They better bring a bear, b/c I'm bringing a grizzly. I wouldn't be afraid to run her against the colts."

Word is if she wins he may run her in the Preakness.

-This portal shit is equal parts sad, and awesome. At least, in year 1 building an entire new team -- it's been like a 2nd March Madness for me...hopefully it ends soon, b/c it's really dominating my life & pretty pathetic tbh. But goddam I'm just ate up with it all, and bordeline obsessed with us securing Jaxon Robinson. 😫

Here's hoping Coach Pope will have some stability, at least more than most, going forward. Certainly won't be anything like the previous...

-The young NBA stars are so damn fun to watch. Most have unique games, really enjoying.

-Football kate quietly crushing it w/ QUALITY additions amidst all the Hoops madness. Pretty excited about the talent coming into the season, despite the brutal schedule. Looking like everyone I know or associate with sans Chad is in for the Cats in Austin -- gonna be an all-timer (until kickoff, at least 😶)

-No actual Derby week plans this year, which is fine after last year's shit show. Still able to enjoy the vibe and magic in the air around here & the endless pics & stories from social media...it's truly a special time. Good luck all on your gambol! 🏇

-I'd never order/make a Julep any other weekend of the year -- not even sure if I like them tbh, but it's just the right thing to do imo. At least, one - but typically, several
Always thought they kind of taste like toothpaste, to be honest, but I "get" it, with respect to honoring tradition etc.

Reactions: cawoodsct
-Mint Juleps are like red bull vodkas. Little energy drinks with all that sugar.

-I'm not digging the Jaxson recruitment. Oddly quiet. Granted, most of our commitments seem to have been that way. Was the Estonian even linked to us before yesterday?

Yeah, assumed as much. Will single in some P4/5s. Would have been nice to lock in a Future on her when it was available.

Kriisa wasn't linked to us, but per Jones, he's been on Pope's radar for years, and tried to get him when he left Zona. He seems to love dudes that torched him.

Again, just shows nobody has any clue what we're up to. We have 30 guys on our board, including several who will opt out of Draft. No reason not to trust he'll get it done with a few more key additions based off early results and a new staff that's just now hitting it's stride.

Last edited:
Yep… and by casting a wide net and meeting a bunch of these kids, you get a real sense of the NIL value in the open marketplace. Not just dumbly throwing out checks and to have the Arkansas Mafia doubling down…

Pope’s approach is measured and under heightened secrecy in the free agency market. Kentucky effect is still real as this process taxes us unfairly because of who we are… kinda a like anytime Scott Boras falsely links a FA to the Yankees… drive the cost to the moon.

Dust settles, warchest opens and hopefully there’s some guys left ready to be rewarded

-Mint Juleps are like red bull vodkas. Little energy drinks with all that sugar.

-I'm not digging the Jaxson recruitment. Oddly quiet. Granted, most of our commitments seem to have been that way. Was the Estonian even linked to us before yesterday?
Robinson will take a while as he’s going to go through the draft process and get feedback first.

Kriisa was kept low key (as with Butler) to avoid a bidding war like what happened with Mahaney.

One of the co-owners of Thorpedo Anna hails from Paducah.

I too, only drink Mint Juleps on Derby Day.

Weather looking good for Saturday, should be epic.

Churchill really, really needs to look at pricing. Face value on everything is getting absurd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT