ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Good to know it doesn't matter who the GM of the Raiders is, they're still gonna make head scratching picks in the 1st round.
New GM had to be stunned all the QBs got taken in the Top 12, so they decided to regroup with the best player on the board, period. I see Bowers playing a ton of slot and double TE sets.

But still, when you could have had the best defensive guy in the draft and you're facing Mahomes and Herbert 4 times a year, maybe one of those corners would've been a better option.

I think the entire QB class is overrated, save for maybe Penix, and he's an injury risk. Ewers or Beck will be possibilities next year if you end up with Garbage Minshew.

Can Penix come and teach our players how to dress:

michael-penix-jr-and-his-girlfriend-5I2L7WDBIFEBGDNAIVEORIHW74.jpg

Harry f***ed Auggie Busch’s wife. True story.
Ha I know him. he's had a house and boat in the Keys forever and he hired a friend away from bis job to just take care of his boats and house for a couple years. Super chill dude from my experiences with him.

-Sorry @WayneDougan that suit is fine but those white sunglasses are terrible. Might as well put on some white NBs with mid calf socks on while he's at it.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would wear a suit ever, worst outfit for comfort.

-Someone called the bar and asked if we'd have the NFL Draft on WITH sound... umm hell no. A) The Bolts are playing in the playoffs at the same time, B) 99% of people not at a sports bar don't want to hear 4 dudes discuss draft for possibilities for 5 minutes between picks, C) Don't have your gf call and have to ask you questions to relay to me.

Saunders out could mean he knows something about who's in.
Until 12:01 on May 1, I don't consider anyone actually in the portal unless they've committed elsewhere.

It will be slightly weird, I guess, if we don't end up with any of BYU's players, if only for some sense of continuity for Pope, but on paper there's not much difference between, say, Oweh and Saunders except that Oweh is slightly better now and probably will end up a lot better.

I will be curious to see how much it looks like Pope is trying to put an equal number of guys in each of the classes. It may be that if everyone is on a one year contract that concept no longer matters -- but (like Waterhead's belief that AI is going to replace us), I'm extremely skeptical.

Thank God for the transfer portal. We always knew Cal would leave us with nothing when he went. Without the portal, we would be talking ourselves into three years from now when Perry and Blood Diamond are juniors and Pope has his guys in here. Now, we've got this weird era of college basketball where we have a window that probably won't even be here in the same form next year -- and it all started because we decided to shut down the world in March 2020.

Maybe Anthony Fauci wasn't a worthless loser after all.

Last edited:
*What would you rather have? #1 recruiting class or #1 transfer portal class? I'm leaning portal with recent results in March.

*I'm not concerned about Mawwk Pope filling his roster, but there is a feeling there I cannot quite explain. I guess it's because I'm actually paying attention to it, which is something I haven't done in 10 to 12 years.

*I'm thinking of hitting Keenland for the last day of the spring meet. May as well use the season pass ONCE.

*Not bragging or anything, but I didn't watch one minute of the draft last night. I have very little interest in the NFL season and much less for the draft.

I'm guessing 'Man Alive' is still the unofficial clothing store for them (pti).

-Also did not watch one second of the draft. Not sure why it’s so exciting honestly. You’ll find the same thing out tomorrow.

-Amazoned some diapers to my guy in England having a baby boy. Man there isn’t NATHAN to send there UK related besides basketball books they’ll never read.

Just want a little basketball blue and white with UK (the double entendre, get it) for the tike. Looks like that’ll be old school mail.

-Transfer Portal, Mark Pope, NIL, assistant coach things.

Did I get the requirements in…

Just make them employees. Sign the kids to contracts.

I get a kick out of the fact the schools ask the fans/boosters to subsidize all of this when the power 5 schools (especially the SEC & BIG Ten) are making crazy amounts of money off of the tv contracts, they operate with 9 figure budgets, give fired coaches generational wealth to go away and on and on.
Funny that all these NBA dreams fulfilled never added up to a dime on NIL for Cal/UK. Expecting business owner BJW to pay up or fans as a group. Just seems like the coaches and schools are the ones still stealing. It’s just from boosters instead of players.

Last edited:
- I am officially checked out of the portal news. It's too much. Maybe if we didn't just have a coaching search that I was glued to it'd be different, but I can't do it anymore. Go get 'em, Pope.

- I too can't understand the enormous hype around the NFL draft. I mean, it's mildly interesting, but I don't get how people can pore over mock drafts and consume every bit of NFL draft news.

- My hand-me-down 22" Toro lawnmower is about to crap the bed. Officially in the mower market.

- Running my first ever 10k tomorrow. Only goal is to not walk at all and finish without pulling anything.

- Eerily quiet on the Elly front in this thread last night. Predictable. But really, though, Wheeler is f'ing nasty.

- Headed to a Vandy baseball game this weekend, just because. It'll be my daughter's first baseball game ever and I'm pretty pumped about it. Can't wait for her first UK football game.

- I try to make it to at least one UK football game every year, but I haven't been to a basketball game in Rupp probably since high school. I've gone to the SEC Tournament and UK @ Vandy, but not one in Rupp. Not sure why, really, but Pope is probably going to change that.

Have a feeling we’re going to see more and more of this with NIL - overpromise and underdeliver $. Would expect a bait & switch from a lesser caliber school than OSU. Then again, some of these figures tossed out for average players are laughable, so the fact they won’t see half of it makes sense.

Reactions: CSC81
Have a feeling we’re going to see more and more of this with NIL - overpromise and underdeliver $. Would expect a bait & switch from a lesser caliber school than OSU. Then again, some of these figures tossed out for average players are laughable, so the fact they won’t see half of it makes sense.

Matt talked about this on the show yesterday, but in short, even though the new rules allow them to collect, athletes still aren’t allowed to sign contracts. Meaning it’s all handshake deals right now.

In the words of one former GYERO member Boat Bob: “I mean…”

😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: jayroon
Matt talked about this on the show yesterday, but in short, even though the new rules allow them to collect, athletes still aren’t allowed to sign contracts. Meaning it’s all handshake deals right now.

In the words of one former GYERO member Boat Bob: “I mean…”

😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Not to doubt you or Matt, but this confuses me even more. Two years ago I helped with the startup of TMFH's Charities for KY. We were able to have athletes sign contracts approved by UKAA. Maybe it's changed since then, or maybe the difference is, those guys were actually performing a service for a charity.

(Or more likely, nobody anywhere knows wtf is going on, again, because the NCAA utterly failed to get out in front of it and create some order. And if and to the extent there are "rules", those are ambiguous, inconsistent and nonsensical).

Not to keep referring to him, but when he said that our entire capitalistic system is essentially predicated upon us being able to go to courts to enforce contracts…even as an attorney, that was an eye opening moment for me.

Not to doubt you or Matt, but this confuses me even more. Two years ago I helped with the startup of TMFH's Charities for KY. We were able to have athletes sign contracts approved by UKAA. Maybe it's changed since then, or maybe the difference is, those guys were actually performing a service for a charity.

(Or more likely, nobody anywhere knows wtf is going on, again, because the NCAA utterly failed to get out in front of it and create some order. And if and to the extent there are "rules", those are ambiguous, inconsistent and nonsensical).
“or maybe the difference is, those guys were actually performing a service for a charity.

(Or more likely, nobody anywhere knows wtf is going on, again, because the NCAA utterly failed to get out in front of it and create some order. And if and to the extent there are "rules", those are ambiguous, inconsistent and nonsensical).”

I genuinely don’t know either, but probably a combination of all of this. 👆

-It's seems really odd to me that people are freaking out about our recruiting/portal/roster. I guess if you were a Cal loyalist, sure. Maybe because the portal is so chaotic? He's been here a couple weeks and just hired his last recruiter. Calm down, folks.

-Shooters are hard to come by BUT quality bench role players are gonna be even harder. I would imagine we'll have to take some flyers on guys until we can build that from within. Who's gonna transfer to play 10 minutes a game?

-Speaking of not paying NIL deals. Our loveable dumbasses on Floyd St... honestly believe that JEFF, himself, packed the lockers of their most recent transfers and told them to GTFO. Good lord, those folks are a special kind of gullible.

-A lot of these NIL groups are also taking 25-50% fees. Lol. Mark Emmert should really be in prison or exported. What an absolute baffoon.

-Watched my Islanders lose and the Florida teams battle it out last night. Those Islander threads are SWEEEEET!

-That Cal NIL video looks like an Al Qaeda Hostage Video. What a weird situation.

-Saw a reel where the guy mixes Coke and red wine. I'm intrigued af and I'm not sure why.

-Given it a week. "Pope" isn't going to work for me. I'm just gonna go full name. Dr. Boat and the name being too short seems weird. The cadence is terrible.

"How far has this family come? We came from Baton Rouge."

Why did catsphag decide to start posting again? Because it’s a new GYERO?

Go back to posting in the old one. Jesus Christ.
Do the letters E.A.D mean anything to you ? Look, another "like" chasing bitch. "catsphag" how original, what are you 10 ? Funny, all of you "like" chasing bitches do not post ANYTHING of substance, just quote a poster that a bunch of the OG's will like your post. The reason why I started to post again ? Because I FN felt like it,,, and can. Once again, either skip over my post, or the regulars will have to deal with reading my clap back. Sorry GYERO elites, but I am not trying to clog it up, "like" whores are.

Reactions: ksta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT